5. Pandemonium! - Sequoia

6. Ba'al - Profane

7. Pandemonium! - Clown In A Bag

8. Lost Buddha - Spiral Rotation

9. Pandemonium! - Wishing Machine

10. Amithaba Buddha - Uncharted Planet

11. Sphere of Consciousness - Sphere of Consciousness

nQV9pB7.gif

Bipolar disorder is no joke. Mood swings that can be severe, lasting months and is oftentimes hard to diagnose. Panic attacks. Real ones, not the ones we suffer when we go someplace without wi-fi. This is apparently what Filipe was struggling with and would definitely explain his behavior over the years. Hopefully that's in the past and with his medication here's to wishing him good health and progress. We know the type of music Filipe makes and the fact that he's been this productive is a testament to his talent.

With one of his latest Zamaneh Sanguine combines Chinese and Arabic to mean "Time to be Optimistic." And if you've struggled with depression or bipolar disorder then any bit of optimism you can find is cherished like water in the desert. Although that cover doesn't look very optimistic. Perhaps he's closing the door on his demons and not looking back. The trend with Filipe's music as of late has been to make compilations where most of the tracks have been released before. Before you characterize that as a cash grab, I offer you this. He has been making music for over a decade and perhaps some of the tracks didn't measure up to today's production standards. Possibly due to his condition, he would often create a label and release some music and then just as quickly it would disappear. So for those who didn't purchase or have access to the treasure trove I see this as a positive. Also some of them you can't even find. The older tracks have been re-rendered (clearing up some vocal samples) and remastered with him adding some things where he thought necessary.

He chose some of his favorites to put on this album along with one track that to my knowledge only showed up on the digital Cosmic Disorder compilation from 2007.

CF0bMyw.gif

Yep, Clown In A Bag.

The new tracks are exactly what you'd expect from Filipe. Brutish power and layers of melody packaged in a seamless bundle. Shodo is a blistering opener while Orphic Mysteries races with abandon. Really blissful. New Gankyil always brings a smile and this plows straight ahead with some snap and pop. Profane delivers more of the same with a playful lead.

I'll be honest with you. I can't tell an Amithaba Buddha from a Lost Buddha; and I wouldn't know a the difference between a Pandemon ium! and a Chynacid. The music is super and perfect if you want to build your Filipe Santos collection. Great taste of a bunch of his projects. Good luck with further releases and also with your recovery.

Good Dance Recordings (Digital only)

• Like 2

Although that cover doesn't look very optimistic. Perhaps he's closing the door on his demons and not looking back.

He chose some of his favorites to put on this album along with one track that to my knowledge only showed up on the digital Cosmic Disorder compilation from 2007.

That's exactly what he did. It really wasn't easy on him but he did it. :)

About cosmic disorder yes that's correct it was released by an old Portuguese party / label organization back in 2007 so he decided to bring this one (Pandemonium! - Clown in a Bag) because it has a sample that shouts and says simply :

'NO MORE CLOWNING AROUND!' We think that pretty much says everything.

He's active and he's not going to tolerate any disrespect that will degrade his person or work as any other person would.

He already has apologized for all things he had said before and of course being a person that suffers of bipolar disorder it's obvious he never meant it. But he still apologizes.

Life isnt about the past for us and for him now it's about the future .

Of course for those that will talk nonsense we will just laugh and ignore and yes we know... some like to play 'dirty'... and We are not interested. :D

As for that sample is just from a 90's movie comic adaptation of Spawn. The line is from the character Clown/Violator portrayed and played by John Leguizamo .

Good luck with further releases and also with your recovery.

Filipe says : Thank you so much and I will keep doing my best in every way i can . :)

Another absolutely awesome album in Good Dance Recordings assortment available now in Bandcamp. Some uber great tracks featured in the release for ex. Lost Buddha- Spiral Rotation and Pandemonium!- Clown in a Bag. Bought today. Thank you for the review :)

• Like 1

Another absolutely awesome album in Good Dance Recordings assortment available now in Bandcamp. Some uber great tracks featured in the release for ex. Lost Buddha- Spiral Rotation and Pandemonium!- Clown in a Bag. Bought today. Thank you for the review :)

Thank you for your support and for your purchase Anu. Enjoy the music. :)

Np, Clown In a Bag is dope! :)

Thanks Anu. It's pretty good . A lot of mad stuff and good melodies for sure! Some of it reminds us of Mystica the way he did the leads... in sequoia is closer to Mystica we think. :) and the sample is really nice : 'What about magic , can you still do magic?' Filipe did this for himself , it's like his own music is asking him if he can still make magic lol . :)

We can't point any favorites in this compilation , we think it's all awesome! Athenaia's voice : 'Show them the way' is really nice :)

Uncharted planet is brilliant.

Ba'al very classic goa music. Then Gankyil , Shodo , Spiral Rotation , Wishing Machine being really playful all pretty good old school music :) ending with an downtempo song the sphere of cousciousness track. It's good. :)

We're not going to score and vote our own releases people can vote whatever they might feel it doesn't mean much to us because we love the music no matter what the public might think lol :) . We can say here that to us is a fair 4 out of 5 like any other great albums :) . It's quality goa trance music and there's no doubt about it .