The best track by Filipe Santos

Anu Katariina

Okay, I am entering a beehive here, I know, but what's the best track of all 100+ if not 1000+ tracks of this goa producer with various aliases?

Name only one.

My choice is Denaris-80.000 Pounds of Crude from Hearts of Goa album. Unfortunately no link because it isn't online anywhere. Nevertheless the vocals are the best in this track: GET DOWN!

Okay, I am entering a beehive here, I know, but that's the best track of all 100+ if not 1000+ tracks of this goa producer with various aliases?

Name only one.

My choice is Denaris-80.000 Pounds of Crude from Hearts of Goa album. Unfortunately no link because it isn't online anywhere. Nevertheless the vocals are the best in this track: GET DOWN!

Is that a request for us to release it again? :)

Filipe has no opinion on what concerns Denaris . He says it's mostly psytrance , very sparse and maybe chaotic madness.

As for the rest of his tracks , it's really very hard to pick a favorite.

He says the Ba'al project and the song Profane is interesting and he done another two in the new compilation and the Athenaia project is kinda on the same level , specially the 'Secret' song.

It's really very hard to pick a favorite when most of it's all great stuff lol :)

Every song seems to have something different and special , specially regarding his aliases which all kinda bring something new in a way...

We take all lol! :)

Is that a request for us to release it again? :)

I have it already but maybe it would benefit others to re-release: I have no opinion on that.

Filipe has no opinion on what concerns Denaris . He says it's mostly psytrance , very sparse and maybe chaotic madness.

Okay, ppl like to make lists, that's why a simple question: what's the best? Other than that, all tracks are way above any average.

I have it already but maybe it would benefit others to re-release: I have no opinion on that.

Okay, ppl like to make lists, that's why a simple question: what's the best? Other than that, all tracks are way above any average.

We might put it up again since you mentioned it. You've made other people curious lol :)

It is indeed a good question : What is the best track by Filipe Santos? :)

Post edit : We're listening to Amithaba Buddha - Ancient Glyphs and holy crap! .... Transwave anyone? :o

https://gooddancerecordings.bandcamp.com/track/ancient-glyphs

seriously it's so ... 'Anahata'! :o

And some Mana Source songs for example the 'Heretic Visions , Moon Minerium , Karmagedon ' reminds us of EDP - Spiritual Hallucination style ! :o

https://gooddancerecordings.bandcamp.com/track/heretic-visions-2

https://gooddancerecordings.bandcamp.com/track/moon-minerium

https://gooddancerecordings.bandcamp.com/track/karmagedon

• Like 2

Not so much a fan of his goa stuff, bit a bulk producer really, better than average for sure but kinda misses that last step. Maybe the songs are produced too hastily. The tracks I enjoyed the most were under his Bit-Head moniker. Couple really good chiptune influenced tracks on that album!

• Like 1

kinda misses that last step. Maybe the songs are produced too hastily.

What is the step do you think he misses? The fact he released a lot of music?

We've seen him making a goa song , he can come up with one in less than one day. He flows.

Forgot to say when he started he could take a week up to a month to get a track out pretty solid but it's obvious that after many years he mastered his own art.

Bulky? Depends from a person perspective. It's been 12/13 years he's been in the scene , we would call him creative and very active instead of just saying ... oh he's bulky.

Nobody else does the goa style he makes so... tough. He does it lol. :)

In a way he's actually more of a musical director than an artist in the same way a movie director makes a movie.

Different movies = same director / producer. We think this applies to him musically. Different aliases = same producer. The content of each release being different of course. And coming from the same producer of course you can say hey it's filipe because yes there's always a certain style or touch . Same in a movie you can tell oh this is from Ridley Scott of this is from James Cameron from example.

Would you call a movie producer bulky because he created a lot of movies?

Same goes here. Filipe created a lot of different albums with different themes and so on.

It's not like he's throwing songs in two seconds or non-sense noisy tracks. His music is very constructive.

Well this is the way we see it. :)

Take bit-head for example. Was it different? Yes. Can you tell it was Filipe ? Yes. So there ya go! :)

We're pretty sure it didn't take him long too to make those of bit-head. :)

He could take a month on a song , but for what? It wouldn't do any difference. He would probably just get bored and scrap it.

When he starts a song he doesn't like to break the flow of a song and delaying it that would just be lazy or simply just... dumb. Unless you are out of time to complete a song but that's completely different. :)

"Bit-Head - Star Voyager" was awesome, really liked it! :)

I really love the psy/goa-chill stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqKO4vYmlE

Depends on the mood.

• Like 1

You can really throw anything . this one is beautiful :)

Vocal: "Yeah... I can fly." lol :D

2:40 : brilliant! <3 goosebumps :D

4:50 : and here we go again!

5:30 : So beautiful... it's brilliant ... then everything comes back togheter again. He knows how to build a song . He's not the type of artist throwing everything at your face . We mean in a way you are listening to first 8 bars and then something abrupt comes up and you get it all down your face! Does that even make any sense? He loves to flow and isn't what trance is about? The Flow is one of the most important things in Trance music my friends! Feel the energy around you , feel the Force ;) Remember mr.Miyagi and his philosophy about Karate? We think same applies here. <3

Great song. 5/5 We've nothing else to add :)

and another one...

we've nothing to add it's just... brill. People in Belgium didn't complain when he played this many years ago. :)

Had a listen to this . It's ok track. Has some psy-trance sort of effects but the melodies seem to be really low. The production could've be much better. Filipe done things better than this. Maybe one day we'll ask him about these songs see if he still has them. If he does maybe he could re-master them or something :)

If you prefer more deep , intense in your face goa-trance here :

:)

Okay, I am entering a beehive here, I know, but that's the best track of all 100+ if not 1000+ tracks of this goa producer with various aliases?

Name only one.

wow you are right this is really out of this world like!

'Get down , get down , get down...' sample and we noticed a 'it's payback time!' sample aswel! So full of metallic sounds , synth organ sounds that sounds like Captain Nemo would be playing down in Nautilus and brilliant melodies , shouting samples , huge percussion and this spacey spooky sound it's completely mad!! lolololol :D

Martian Law is so furious! Brilliant psytrance music like back in the days! Koxbox! This song doesn't even let you know when it's coming when it kicks 3:00 it's all like so you want your face melted? 3:00 there ya go ! lol Super intense in your face melted space dark Goa Psychedelic Music. What a ride!

Yep we are going to release this! :D haha

Post edit : and we are going to listen to it again! It's really good! lol seriously!

Filipe has nothing to prove really lol whether from smooth trance to acid or smashing in your face goa he can pratically do everything or anything if he wants to. lol

Except all that dubstep and commercial stuff he really doesn't like that stuff.

He says : ' You know what is hard? Soundtrack & Movie Orchestral Music.'

We've nothing else to add really he completely can master anything else if he wants to. We will probably have to make some small changes in Good Dance aswel because we will probably add his Chiptuning music. He loves it along with Spacesynth because it's much more of a challenge than goa/psytrance. You cannot 'cheat'. That was except for his 'Bit-Head' project which was kind of a hybrid.

As for chiptuning mostly there are no use of filtering modulation in such genres , you can't loop too much and you actually are forced to to compose... He even has an old Commodore 64 with some cartridge to make SID music stuff lol .

Music and lots of chord changes and Linn Drum work which he loves playing with the bassline and leads :) .

Apart from that we actually heard someone in the underground that made a goa song with a gameboy! It sounded good! Somehow the artist managed to put that rave goa sound into 8bit with kicks and all was made in a gameboy! That was pretty cool ! And no filters and nothing else. The song wasn't boring too because they can generate these different types of noise with an 8bit chip. Anyways , we will share it here if we manage to find it again , Filipe really liked it. :)

As for the rest we apologise to those that are not happy with our high quantity of releases. It's true. Filipe has done a lot of music but that's not his fault. He loves it. And we read somewhere that even Mars from Suntrip Records mentioned that most artists are becoming lazy because they seem to waste more time on facebook than in front of their machines. It's true! It's very easy to get 'lost' in facebook specially when you are a well known established artist we constantly get messages from fans and Filipe prefers not to be disturbed. He appreciates reviews praises and so on about his work but personally for him he doesn't feel the need to be constantly praised. It's his relationship between him and his own music that he likes to keep it in himself and not become lost in fame and we know this happens. For him , the music he made is more special than himself and from his experience he already seems to recognize when he made something good and when he made something just plain boring or meh.

So Filipe threw his facebook account down ages ago and he hates it. So instead of spending time in a website done to 'enslave' people's brains that constantly slams uninteresting material to him he'd rather spend time with his family and spend time with his musical instruments and be creative. So by this point yes there will be probably more music from him you can count on that! :D

As for this year he only done 2 releases. One was spacesynth and another one was goa so maybe there will be more this year or next year but not in vast quantities. :) He just happens to have a really large discography and if one day he will pass away he hopes he will leave something special to everybody and to his son. :)

Angels Trumpets is technically the best album by Filipe, imo. And not only technically but as a listening experience, too. So the best track is 80.000 Pounds of Crude as I told earlier and the best entity is Angels Trumpets album. Thanks for re-releasing it.

• Like 1

wow you are right this is really out of this world like!

'Get down , get down , get down...' sample and we noticed a 'it's payback time!' sample aswel! So full of metallic sounds , synth organ sounds that sounds like Captain Nemo would be playing down in Nautilus and brilliant melodies , shouting samples , huge percussion and this spacey spooky sound it's completely mad!! lolololol :D

:D

• Like 1

Angels Trumpets is technically the best album by Filipe, imo. And not only technically but as a listening experience, too. So the best track is 80.000 Pounds of Crude as I told earlier and the best entity is Angels Trumpets album. Thanks for re-releasing it.

No problem. As long people are happy that's what we are here for. :)

Angels Trumpets is very deep and very intense Goa-Trance . It's not for everyone we think. Maybe it will grow up in time maybe it will not.

We are happy you really enjoy it. :)

Thank you Anu.

• Like 1

My choice is Denaris-80.000 Pounds of Crude from Hearts of Goa album. Unfortunately no link because it isn't online anywhere.

It is now available, the second track: https://gooddancerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/liquid-sunshine-5

• Like 1

There are so many favourites !

Right now, it's

Celestine rhythm (book of job mix)

Getting Goosebumps is one thing but having a train of goosebumps running wild throughout your is a totally different thing!

The most liberating & powerful Goa right now is being produced by Mr.Filipe, no doubt about that.

I would like to thank the artist for the wonderful music.

Also request whoever is handling the good dance records to stick to this amazing music and not to worry about other posts :) good luck

• Like 2

not to worry about other posts :) good luck

As we say here in Northern Ireland : oh ayeeeeee ;)

Thanks buddy and there's nothing to worry about. Filipe's only human sometimes he can also be impulsive because he's very passionate about goa-trance and he wrote comments regarding some albums that some people will not be very happy of. He can also be easily influenced .

A message to the public :

We appreciate if people would stop emailing him just to say 'yay you are back and new skool sucks' and so on. This my friends it's not going to change anything.

If people think this or that 'sucks' then we say show your support by buying the music you prefer.

We have no opinion whatsoever on what music is out there and neither is Filipe. As for comments he had done he has already been reprimanded and it will not happen again!

We are a Goa Label and we stand with other Goa Labels. We all make what makes us happy. There is plenty of variety in the Goa Scene which is great and there is room for everybody , so commenting around and creating 'things' to create chaos fights and hatred it's just simply childish and stupid and we will not tolerate it! It's not going to change anything!

So by this we were already made aware that some people can really be of a bad influence and bringing nothing but negativism and destruction to our community so , please just please... don't even try and try and influence Filipe because it's not going to work. He's a very good person so don't even try and bring bad influences towards him because the man already suffers of bipolar disorder. Do you not think that is enough? The man needs positive things in his life , so we just say please just cut it all out and we will not let such things happen again and from now on if you want to get to him you have to get through us first .

It's a simple as this : Love the music , love the labels , buy their music. If you have preference towards one label than the other that's good. Support the label you like the most.

As for what concerns Filipe , we are taking care of it and him. As always all it takes is a bit of Guidance and simply help him in that way. That's all it takes.

No point trying to email him either because he won't be making music whether you want to praise or whatever else the public would like to say to him.

If you really love his music as many can say then prove it. Buy the music. :)

Right now, it's

Celestine rhythm (book of job mix)

Getting Goosebumps is one thing but having a train of goosebumps running wild throughout your is a totally different thing!

The most liberating & powerful Goa right now is being produced by Mr.Filipe, no doubt about that.

We're happy to hear that. :)

I would like to thank the artist for the wonderful music.

Also request whoever is handling the good dance records to stick to this amazing music

We thank you for your kindness , support and taking your time to listen to his music.

We will stick with him yes. For people that get to know us , people will expect a certain sound and that will be the Goa style that people can expect from us. Oldschool , acid styled and melodies.

• Like 1

There are so many favourites !

I know..that's why I am stuck listening at the moment even tho I should do something else :) Addicting!

Haha, cool..I still don't know all the tracks by name. That's basically because I have Angels Trumpets in my mp3 player that does not show individual tracks..an old and good model ;)

• Like 1

I know..that's why I am stuck listening at the moment even tho I should do something else :) Addicting!

Yeah... funny you say that . Stanley 'Psychasm' also said the same about his Mana Source music. Seems that his music can become very addictive in a good way. :)

Haha, cool..I still don't know all the tracks by name. That's basically because I have Angels Trumpets in my mp3 player that does not show individual tracks..an old and good model ;)

Is it an ipod shuffle? Most people use their phones and Ipods or mp3 player usb pens :)

We just had a listen to his Pandemonium! - K.O. track. It was pretty good. Huge sounds with twisted melodies and samples from south park and family guy. Pretty mad stuff.

Somehow we seem to whistle to melodies from this project after we listened to them. It's that good lol . It's that pan pipe he plays and sometimes it's those high synth melodies lol. Catchy!

https://gooddancerecordings.bandcamp.com/track/k-o