90s equipment and why I know everything

SixZeroFou4

Jk. I more than likely know close to the least on here. I figured what draws haters in better than a good old fashion "I'll prove I'm better than you on the internet". <- or saying that ensures a civil discussion?

Anyways someone said 90s equipment or software or something was a reason for nilaya not having a bass punch

Someone else said it's not true

Discuss

Looks like he is don't with Offtopic and now he is taking on General psytrance section.

Starkraver. Good afternoon to you my good friend.

I don't take, I accept. Through positive vibes, enhancement, enrichment and security - people are drawn to me.

My daughter is half Trinidad and Tobago. I had a conversation with a racist man using the N word when I drank a full glass of moonshine. I uncovered his hate for black people, mentally guided him from ignorance and I feel I changed his life on racism.

If that is what is considered taking over then I'm signing myself up for it.

I only want the best for myself and those I interact with :)

I know this is joke topic, but I'll bite... ;)

I guess it's more about mastering standards then & now, than the actual equipment or software.

Nowadays you need to be as loud as possible, as low & high (in terms of frequency) as possible. With short attention span of today's media consumers the music needs to be immediately catchy, attention-grabbing, very direct with lots of opposite / contrasting qualities. In the past it was more about balance, gentlessness, flow and melody. Nowadays it's more about sounds and textures, about creating shock & awe :)

BTW, this is on music in general, not just goa/psy-trance, but obviously general standards influence each genre to certain extent.

Yeah, as if frequencies below 200Hz didn't exist 15 years ago. :P

By the way, what's being referred as 90's equipment are actually synthesizers from the 70's and 80's. Roland Juno series started in 1982, as well as the TB-303, the Korg MS20 was produced in 1978 till 1983, ... The nineties were more about a combination of samplers, VA's and old analog synths (in electronic music). The kind of stuff that is still being used by (modern EDM) artists.

If a certain track from the 90's or whatever year has "no punch" in it, it has nothing to do with the equipment or that era being unable to "have punch". Listen to some funk records from the 70's and 80's for example. The best basslines were made in those times imo. Wink

• Like 5

Anyways someone said 90s equipment or software or something was a reason for nilaya not having a bass punch

My friend ... that is ... Ridiculous.

You are referring to the song Astral Projection - Nilaya is that right?

Lacking bass punch.. lololololol Astral were #1 the punchiest ever back in the days! hahahahahahahha :)

Yeah, as if frequencies below 200Hz didn't exist 15 years ago. :P

By the way, what's being referred as 90's equipment are actually synthesizers from the 70's and 80's. Roland Juno series started in 1982, as well as the TB-303, the Korg MS20 was produced in 1978 till 1983, ... The nineties were more about a combination of samplers, VA's and old analog synths (in electronic music). The kind of stuff that is still being used by (modern EDM) artists.

If a certain track from the 90's or whatever year has "no punch" in it, it has nothing to do with the equipment or that era being unable to "have punch". Listen to some funk records from the 70's and 80's for example. The best basslines were made in those times imo. Wink

Very true. If a song lacks punch maybe it's because the person that created the track didn't intend it to or didn't have the proper equipment to it. There could be several reasons.
Funk has a lot of groove and the drums are tight ... Amen break anyone? :P:)

astral projection have determined the human form is best suited for their purposes

we're not quite sure how to understand that ... do you mean the music sounds more human and not robotic?

;) they are aces

they were . nowadays they're no big deal . we listened to some of their recent music although they used their classic goa kick on top they're a bit lazy just dropping one note here and there with a lot of delay ... much of a full on trick. We're not overly impressed and surprised because this seem to happen to artists and bands when they tend to become 'almighty' big and famous.

@good dance recordings - i just opened discussion on the issue.

seemed like 2 or 3 issues you opened this discussion for lol :P

I more than likely know close to the least on here. I figured what draws haters in better than a good old fashion "I'll prove I'm better than you on the internet". <- or saying that ensures a civil discussion?

The whoever knows more or less is all competitive and egocentric , and the proving i'm better than you on the internet or anywhere else is the same. It's challenging , competitive and ego once again.

What we think of all that?

It's childish.