USA

SixZeroFou4

Allow me to introduce you to the future; what is the real USA.

"Land of the free, home of the brave"

Even the people of the highest level of hatred would come together to fight for a common purpose. Our news might be very sensationalized, but we do it right.

That common purpose.. our undying loyalty and patriotism is not taught or forced - we know what we have and we are thankful. The average American will die for their country.. that same person can be free to live just about any lifestyle openly.

We give the most.. in every way - that is USA.. it will never change.

You can't please everyone. We've made mistakes and I feel we should offer the world affected - that world shaped as a possible result of our intervention - a better explanation..

That is the future

Thanks for giving this American the best music on the planet.. Goa

That common purpose.. our undying loyalty and patriotism is not taught or forced - we know what we have and we are thankful. The average American will die for their country.. that same person can be free to live just about any lifestyle openly.

the word "patriotism" is just putting a positive spin on nationalism. it's a tool to create hatred, inequality and ultimately violence.

anyone who would go to war for their (or any) country is no better than a murderer or terrorist (the latter seems to be a "worse" word than the former. i see no difference).

why can't we agree on peace, love, freedom and equality?

needless to say, you wouldn't get my vote either.

• Like 2

You know Padmapani, you are just focusing on the offensive part of the war.

There is nothing wrong in defending your country. Being dragged into a war is completely different than waging a war. Even I want an ideal world but I'm also a realist whose country is surrounded by 2 aggressive countries and one whose population is undergoing severe radicalism or at least a part of its population.

So once again, it comes down to the "why", we all got to do it. A solid rational non-capitalist, non-greedy reasoning should be present & defence is definitely one of them.

One question to you - Do you consider defence of a culture, defence of a religion however "different" it is, is a good enough reason?

You know Padmapani, you are just focusing on the offensive part of the war.

There is nothing wrong in defending your country. Being dragged into a war is completely different than waging a war. Even I want an ideal world but I'm also a realist whose country is surrounded by 2 aggressive countries and one whose population is undergoing severe radicalism or at least a part of its population.

So once again, it comes down to the "why", we all got to do it. A solid rational non-capitalist, non-greedy reasoning should be present & defence is definitely one of them.

One question to you - Do you consider defence of a culture, defence of a religion however "different" it is, is a good enough reason?

There was a recent court decision that families affected by the 911 terror attack could sue Saudi Arabia. I have not followed up on that to know the status.

What I would do is explain why it's great to have one military super power to police the good and acknowledge by taking responsibility for the bad that was created and say the USA should be held to the same standard and if you were effected by isis you can sue us.

There is no one more understanding than I, but my view will never change that USA should be the only military super power and that needs to be accepted by reinforcing the good things it brings.

the word "patriotism" is just putting a positive spin on nationalism. it's a tool to create hatred, inequality and ultimately violence.

anyone who would go to war for their (or any) country is no better than a murderer or terrorist (the latter seems to be a "worse" word than the former. i see no difference).

why can't we agree on peace, love, freedom and equality?

needless to say, you wouldn't get my vote either.

The pen is mightier than the sword.. I agree

Let me remind you what it would be like if the sword were in someone's hands.

We put Russia in check to back out of Syria because a Russian plane was shot down and he dropped chemicals on them. He was conducting wreck less air strikes and murdering children

Do you know why trump says Obama can't beat isis.. because he's trying as hard as possible to not hurt innocents.

So again I ask you to think of what the world would be like if the sword were not in the hands of the USA. Also read all of my posts.. USA has made mistakes but for the love of God it's time to move forward.

Read all of my posts as of late. If you still don't understand, it's your fault. That is all

There is nothing wrong in defending your country.

Last time US did defend their country was in 1775.

After that they did not 'defend' their county, but their idea of how the world should look like.

And now the problem is to raise, because there are differnt opinions about how the world should look like.

This military super police idea is very prominent in the US, I know.

But my opinion is.. get fuck out of there.

There is no black and white.

There is no good and bad.

Be like switzerland and just don't care..

If you move into an another country to play police, you make things worse. If you are lucky you created the next group of the terrorists - the ones that where hunted by the police. If your unlucky you created a whole terrorist coutnry, because nobody wanted to have you there at a first place.

Proven countless of times, but "stupidity of the masses" is proven too.

• Like 2

Yeah, look into german history - the part were they wanted to the be the only military super power.

Their propaganda ppl where some pretty smart guys. The theory is about that masses (peoples) do not learn.

You can tell "there is bad terrorist on the country" attack it and afterwards find out actually there weren't. But it doesn't matter. Because next time you do the "there is bad terrorist on the country" they all will be on board again for sure, if you do it right ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, look into german history - the part were they wanted to the be the only military super power.Their propaganda ppl where some pretty smart guys. The theory is about that masses (peoples) do not learn.You can tell "there is bad terrorist on the country" attack it and afterwards find out actually there weren't. But it doesn't matter. Because next time you do the "there is bad terrorist on the country" they all will be on board again for sure, if you do it right ;)

I find it ironic the people who checked in for my grumpy old goa trancer thread, also feel the way you do as well.

"Back in my day I walked 20 miles to school in the snow while barefoot".

If you're a grumpy old goa trancer, you have grumpy old world views.

Believe it or not the good people outnumber the bad people. We're not going to make mistakes and leave them be.

Look forward to the future.. it's going to surprise you with the beautiful wisdom of understand and apology. :)

Back in my day my mom was drving me to shool in the snow. :D

No I'm no grumpy old goa trancer.

I'm the "switzerland" type of person.

I sit there... easychill.. look at what you did, what you do, and plan you to do.. while doing my own thing :D

I couldn't care less about what that nazi germans did, I'm not even german. And same for US ----> "Stupidity of the masses".

It just doesn't matter if I fight my opinion on some internet forum. Public opinion is made somewhere else and I have no access the knobs on that panel.

Back in my day my mom was drving me to shool in the snow. :DNo I'm no grumpy old goa trancer.I'm the "switzerland" type of person.I sit there... easychill.. look at what you did, what you do, and plan you to do.. while doing my own thing :DI couldn't care less about what that nazi germans did, I'm not even german. And same for US ----> "Stupidity of the masses".It just doesn't matter if I fight my opinion on some internet forum. Public opinion is made somewhere else and I have no access the knobs on that panel.

Well the only thing I have to say is just know you can count on me to value your opinion, even on this Internet forum. :)

if a culture or religion or ideology needs violence to survive rather than simple discussion or study, then it's probably not worth having.

but i must concede that my pacifist logic breaks down when you're confronted with lunatics like the islamic state. but even here their state would have collapsed within a few months if turkey (and others) wouldn't have traded with them and most importantly if they wouldn't have bought their fucking oil.

Believe it or not the good people outnumber the bad people. We're not going to make mistakes and leave them be.

true, but the average person is easily manipulated (otherwise we wouldn't have advertisements at all. but right now it's a huge industry). a good manipulator can make good people think they are doing good when they are actually killing people for no reason at all.

*trying very hard not to fulfill godwin's law by mentioning hitler* ;)

I really enjoyed the chunk of time when Purple Sunray wasn't posting on here....

Last time US did defend their country was in 1775.
After that they did not 'defend' their county, but their idea of how the world should look like.

This is just deeply incorrect.

In no way am I defending our militaristic actions. In no way am I defending the militarization of our community police. In no way am I saying our economic policies and worldview are correct.

But, the USA has defended itself more recently than 1775.