Anything to recommend doing while listening to psy trance albums?

G.O.A

Is there anything somebody would recommend doing that can pass the time while listening to psy trance since the albums usually last an hour or so?

Like playing games, what games do you usually play that can pass the time that doesn't necessarily require sound so I can listen to full albums? Something relaxing perhaps?

Any tips on what you do at the same time you listen to new psy trance?

Coloring a mandala drawing (or actually any drawing you like). Doesn't matter if it's paper & pencils or the digital version based on an app and a stylus. It's soothing and frees your mind, leaving space for psytrance only. Cheers

I usually read, work or jog while listening to music.

Playing videogames works too, but it needs to be something without much story, i.e. arcade shooters (e.g. Super Stardust HD, Alienation, Resogun on PS4) or driving games.

But above all I just prefer to kick back and do nothing, so that I can focus entirely on the music. Especially for new stuff, that I need to get familiar with.

for really good albums: put on headphones, close eyes, lean back.

(or for downtempo/ambient: lie down, fall asleep. wake up an hour later from the darkpsy that itunes chose should come after the ambient :) )

otherwise: browse psynews, obviously ;). or another forum, reddit, imgur, ...

if you're into games, strategy games usually are relaxing and don't need sound. civ, eu, ...

hmm.. I'm a music junkie I believe.

Have headphones on during about 90% of my work time, on tram on the way to work and back. At the home the first thing I do is to turn on the speakers... So it's easier for me to answer it vice versa: I do not listen during music during meals and if need to talk other people :D

(and no, I do not listen to psy only .. 24/7 psy would be boring quite fast I think =) ).

if you're into games, strategy games usually are relaxing and don't need sound. civ, eu, ...

I often pick the game so that it matches to what I'm listing too :D

Like I cannot play Overwatch (a shooter) while listening to psytrance. Too much distraction. Psytrance + Overwatch = Headshot victim.

But it works really good on strategy games like civ & co :D

Have headphones on during about 90% of my work time, on tram on the way to work and back. At the home the first thing I do is to turn on the speakers... So it's easier for me to answer it vice versa: I do not listen during music during meals and if need to talk other people :D

(and no, I do not listen to psy only .. 24/7 psy would be boring quite fast I think =) ).

I often pick the game so that it matches to what I'm listing too :D

Like I cannot play Overwatch (a shooter) while listening to psytrance. Too much distraction. Psytrance + Overwatch = Headshot victim.

But it works really good on strategy games like civ & co :D

Of course I don't 100 % listen to psy trance only, there's a whole bunch of other genres I listen to and my question is the same, to just do something meanwhile you listen.

And i'm on the same page as you when it comes to different kinds of music to fit the kind of games your playing. For example, when I play DOOM I usually listen to Heavy Metal music. When I play arcade games like Beat Hazard, I listen to psy trance etc.

I find it kind of hard to play games like DOOM while listening to downtempo/ambient music for example. But that's just me.

Playing videogames works too, but it needs to be something without much story, i.e. arcade shooters (e.g. Super Stardust HD, Alienation, Resogun on PS4) or driving games.

Those are the kinds of games i'm looking for! Other ones that I play that works great with listening to psy trance is Beat Hazard & Void Invaders. Any more games like these you or somebody else could recommend? With simple arcade style gameplay and cool looking trippy visuals?

Those are the kinds of games i'm looking for! Other ones that I play that works great with listening to psy trance is Beat Hazard & Void Invaders. Any more games like these you or somebody else could recommend? With simple arcade style gameplay and cool looking trippy visuals?

Single player adventures work really good. You need to be able to decided about the tempo of the game on your own (on multiplayer this is difficult for most games).

I really enjoyed played Diablo while listing to psy. Play-style was driven by the music: intro->look for monsters, buildup->pull monsters, climax->go crazzy and kill them all, break->collect loot, .. continue with buildup :D

• Like 1

same here. except i don't turn the music off while eating or when people are visiting ;)

wtf?!? it doesn't get boring :D

it only occurs every few months that i get bored and have to listen to something else (techno or prog rock) for 1-2 days. why should psy get boring quite fast when you have a playlist of good psy that (in theory) allows you to listen for 30 days until you hear something twice?

it only occurs every few months that i get bored and have to listen to something else (techno or prog rock) for 1-2 days. why should psy get boring quite fast when you have a playlist of good psy that (in theory) allows you to listen for 30 days until you hear something twice?

PROG ROCK?! What a coincidence! Just when I said that I listen to a whole bunch of genres, Prog-Rock is the one I listen perhaps 50 - 60 % most to! Huge Proghead here.

wtf?!? it doesn't get boring :D

ahahha, ok, what I actually mean is that I can't start my day with psytrance.. even before I had my first coffee.

I prefer to start the day with some slow deep prog house.. extending the dreams for bit a longer.

BPM increases throughout the day, though :D

i know a few goa heads who are into prog rock. and i don't even find it surprising. they are both psychedelic, relatively complex music genres with usually elaborate storytelling. besides that, there's also ozric tentacles who probably serve as a bridge for listeners from each genre to the other one (though not in my case. i already listened to both when i learned of their existance here on psynews).

i start my day with whatever comes up. if it's sky input, it's sky input. :)

• 2 weeks later...

RUNNING

it's in my nickname :D

The rest ... well, surfing the web mostly ... and some time ago I did paint some, but nowadays I have no time anymore.

@RTP I see you drink whisky, which IMO is also a good company while listening to good Psy-whatever music (these days I'm enyojing Talisker Storm, pretty good indeed)

Cheers

yes sir, indeed -- and I may say, cheers to your choice, Talisker is a fine brand!

(I do say that I like the days better when the 10 year old was sold at the same price ;) ... but whatever.)

With Whisky in your company, the term "goa spirit" gets a totally new meaning :D

hehehe ... wow that's signature material right there

slainte

With Whisky in your company, the term "goa spirit" gets a totally new meaning :D

lol drinking spirits and listening to goa ... lololol 'goa spirits' :P or you could even say maybe drinking spirits made in india? I'm probably sure they have something :P

Back on topic : we usually just lie down on the sofa put some headphones on , relax , close your eyes and let the music play. When it's really good music you can 'travel' and feel all the sounds around you. :)

I usually just sit and focus on the music. Sometimes I eat while listening. I mostly play mmo games which require me to focus and Im a shitty multi-tasker. I either stop paying much needed attention to the music or the music starts drawing to much attention from the game and exhausting me. So thats why I avoid music while playing.

or the music starts drawing to much attention from the game and exhausting me.

maybe because the music is really good and your mind tend to focus on the music more than in the game itself? :)

same happens to us , sometimes we are watching a movie and some song comes up and we are completely drawn to the song because it's really good and forget about the rest. That usually happens when a song is really good and that's a normal thing :P:)