a1579771812_10.jpg

1. Andromeda
2. Kingdom Of Heaven
3. Across Thee Universe [space Time Continuum]
4. LAZARUS [sanctum] [Mix XIII]
5. High Energy Protons [Deus Ex-Machina Mix] [vs. Juno Reactor]
6. Radio-Activity [eXtinction 13]
7. Thee Audssey [Continues] [The Faithealers Remix]

Ultimate Xperience is Kris Kylven's solo project and an evolution of the legendary UX (Kris + Pete Martin), but he was also recording as Cyberkrist, Element Over Nature or Syb Unity Nettwerk and was actively contributing to the music of Juno Reactor, Killing Joke, Faithealers or Eon Project.

Right of the bat it has to be said, that Lazarus Rising sounds almost nothing like the classic UX, i.e. largely gone are the twirly, labyrinthine arpeggios and meandering, interweaving melodies. Instead, this album is more akin to Juno Reactor in their "Beyond The Infinite" / "Bible of Dreams" phase, reworked as a - very good - full on. Kris has a very keen ear for simple but catchy riffs, incredible feeling for driving, hypnotic rhythmic sequences (he's a drummer, after all!) and wonderful knack for unusual major-scale chord progressions, boldly avoiding typical goa-trance cliches of cosmic spaces or ethereal ambiences. The tracks are full of well-chosen sci-fi or spiritual voice samples, especially in intros & outros, that in themselves are like little gems: orchestral, atmospheric, dramatic, grand(iose) and cinematic. His unique touch is in particular present in: "Andromeda", that likely has the most memorable opening in recent history, "Kingdom of Heaven" that takes cue from Juno Reactors "Conga Fury", expanding the 3/4 drumming into full-on, psychedelic journey or "Thee Audissey Continues" that closes the CD in a real banging manner, building on a foundation of incredibly touching chord progressions, adding bits of acid / guitar riffs and hits hard, despite relatively slower tempo. The tracks in the middle are more focused on single idea and are more typical full-on affairs, but there's enough variety and uniqueness to them to sound positively different.

If I were to complain about anything, I'd say that some of those songs would have been better if they were shorter, more condensed and focused. A lot of it sounds like a bunch of awesome ideas and terrific sounds that fail to truly connect to each other, to coexist in any meaningful way, to achieve their full potential because they're spread thin over time and separated by periods of "empty" spaces. As such, there's little tension there - it's all pretty even-levelled, pretty flat.

Still, albeit not perfect this is an awesome album - full of great, touching and hypnotic psychedelic trance music. If this is mini LP then I just can't wait for the full thing! :)

5/5 (it's more like 4.5/5, but I don't believe in 0.5 ratings and I thought 4/5 is a bit unfair as I'm liking it more with each listen).

Buy here: https://neogoarecords.bandcamp.com/album/lazarus-rising

Full album on Youtube for free.

• Like 3

My first impressions are that it's very storytelling and visceral psytrance with a high quality production. You can hear the amount of work being put into the tracks. And while being unique and sounding fresh and interesting to the ears of a psytrance listener, it also has common appeal due to it's strong, punchy bassline. It is really well crafted no doubt. I'd buy the CD if it existed.

I have to mention that Andromeda reeks of Juno Reactor and I love it.

• Like 3

I think your description fits my opinion @Antic, but I gave it a 4/5 because I think that this is very dependant on the mood of the listener. It is very enchanting and hypnotic which I appreciate at the moment because I feel very tired and the weather outside is horrible and depressing so it kinda fits my mood.

What I dont like is that is a bit too drawn out for me. Too much of empty spaces that you also described and I think that there were few time points in tracks that I think could be a lot more explosive, but that is more fitting to my taste.

• Like 2

@Oopie, Lightforce, Scandinasia - myself & others would really appreciate if you backed up your votes with few words of comment what you liked or disliked, etc. It's not mandatory of course, but highly appreciated :)

I too would like to see a post from Scandinasia whenever that comes. :)

• Like 1

Greetings.

I will sum up my feelings in a few words.

This is one of the few release that got my attention these past few months, and I was very eager at listening to it.

It is not easy to put words on the impressions. Overall, this album is very well crafted. It has the guts of early German EDM and some Gothic fragrances and a great effort was made on the "beating", on the rhythm. People say it sounds like full-on, but most of the tracks are really faithful to the Goa spirit. It is Goa Trance.

This is a quite emotionnal album. It is poetic, strange, and uplifting. Some moments are trippy as fuck.

It's not like the 1st album. It has more joy and gladness in it and the technique sounds very different as well.

I don't rate it 5 out of 5 because to my ears it is not perfect. It is excellent, but not as much as some pieces of Astral Projection, Asura or the Digital Blonde. Melodic effects could be a bit more stirring, and the atmosphere tends to be diluted by the repetition of the loops. There is a tiny bit of blandness here and there. It needs to go deeper I think.

According to me, this album stands out. It is refreshing and original, and it is like the first stage to an upcoming masterpiece. I am very happy to be able to listen to this. Special feelings for Kingdom of Heaven and Andromeda. KoH is a soul-stirring track with a lot of madness and passion. The melodies and the "textures" are amazing. It has cinematographic effects that are much enjoyable.

The concept of the album is also very cool (Gothic story, feeling of a decayed Christian world, creepy mysticism, intertwining of Heaven and Hell...).

I like it. Great electronic music.

Thank you Neogoa and Mr. Kylven. You are a real artist. We need more.

• Like 5

I don't rate it 5 out of 5 because to my ears it is not perfect.

According to me, this album stands out. It is refreshing and original, and it is like the first stage to an upcoming masterpiece.

Quoted for being very close to my personal perception.
  • Like 1

Stellar release I think and one of my highlights this year. The tracks float so well, there is an epic story in each of them, sitting in a sweet spot between light and darkness, with lots of food for imagination. You can tell that a lot of deep thought and passion went into these tracks. Yes, this release does not really have that much to do with the old UX, but I think this is a courageous leap forward actually, masterfully done.

The synths are fantastic, the melodies are spot on, and those pads! I love the way the breakdowns build up atmosphere. I will be listening to this a lot!

A favorite track is hard to pick since they all are on a constantly high level and I've yet to find a weak spot, but I choose the High Energy Protons remix, its unreal how energy just explodes at 4:20.

• Like 3

@Oopie, Lightforce, Scandinasia - myself & others would really appreciate if you backed up your votes with few words of comment what you liked or disliked, etc. It's not mandatory of course, but highly appreciated :)

I've listened to it just 1 time and I think that's a very good release but as usual I need more time and way more listens to be stuck to a definitive opinion ^_^

I'll be back once it'll be done. All I can say for the time being is that it has all the potential to have a 5/5 stars rating for me. It has a great sci fi atmosphere and...blymey...Cybernetika already said everything :mellow::lol:

EDIT : ok, I've changed my mind, now this is a 5/5 star rating hell yeah !

Edited by Lightforce
  • Like 2

Ultimate Xperience - Lazarus Rising [Neogoa]
1. Andromeda
2. Kingdom Of Heaven
3. Across Thee Universe [space Time Continuum]
4. LAZARUS [sanctum] [Mix XIII]
5. High Energy Protons [Deus Ex-Machina Mix] [vs. Juno Reactor]
6. Radio-Activity [eXtinction 13]
7. Thee Audssey [Continues] [The Faithealers Remix]

89aebc12c10b385a208976cfe1f9778d.jpg

UX returns with an unexpected surprise after a roughly two-decade departure from Goa-Trance. The result is NOT a pure Goa album, nor a Goa album, but an album that HAS Goa influence and.. well.. let's begin begins--

1. Andromeda opens with beautiful atmosphere, ambient, and a fantasy/mystical feel. I LOVE the first 1:40 of this song! The beat arrives at 1:42, although the second and third minute sound like generic albeit well produced Full On to me. The first act incorporates many ideas to keep us entertained, but little magic takes place after the first 1:40. Enter terrific synths at 4:34 that make me all but forget the more generic (predictable) approach and direction. A tune at 5:41 adds to the creativity, mood, into fairly Juno Reactor-esque territory. The darker tone at 7:13 is intriguing. The ninth minute forward is pretty cool. A criticism is that the song takes time to sound more congruent and engaging around its many nice sounds. Also, the overall direction and approach feels a little safe to me. I feel that the general Full On style is limiting what the artists are capable of. Of course I'd rather an album start good and improve from there rather than start strong and disappoint later. That said, I think this is a great track, although "the whole is weaker than the sum of its parts" in my opinion. I'm also basing this on desiring to see an album not depend too much on sounding like Juno Reactor! To me the song mixes two visions: 1.) A visionary song via intro and later synth work [with] 2.) a song made to appeal to more general audiences and in doing so, limits what UX are truly capable of. The result is a catchy song that I go back and forth between because I agree that it's entertaining overall!  A-

2. Kingdom Of Heaven showcases greater feeling, melodies, ethnic influence, and direction. I love the clunk effect at 1:21 (that repeats like an accent without being overused), the atmosphere, the euphoric/uplifting feel in the second minute in addition to its keys, progression, the key changes, and more. After a brief transition, the energy suddenly shifts at 4:27 and we kick into high gear via adrenalized Juno territory. Fortunately UX's approach prevents the song from feeling like a JR rip-off. Beautiful ambient, atmosphere, and sound/melody work captivates the last act. The JR feel returns at 10:15 and merges with angelic that compliment the intensity. This track lifts me up and gets me to feel something! I'm no longer an observer but now one enjoying the experience. Fantastic!  A

3. Across Thee Universe [space Time Continuum] is more psychedelic and edgy! The opening is strong, coupled with ambient and atmosphere. Initiation to lift-off begins around 1:15. The sci-fi influence is so satisfying! The melodies in the second minute intrigue, enhanced with voice samples. The energy picks up (love those background, atmospheric sounds) as the song grows, showcasing more variety, imagination, and complexity(!). Yet it remains edgy, never falling to generic middle Eastern-Indian influenced melodies that would soften the infectiously futuristic feel. The cybernetic synths in the 5th minute are captivating and unique. The ethereal touches, ambient, and zip (fantastic synth work!) in the second third is great too! I love the twisting, distorted sound via 7:35 as well as the song's finale! This is another more imaginative, stellar number with strong direction, defining rhythms, synths, aggression, and intelligence.  A- / A

4. LAZARUS [sanctum] [Mix XIII] has a very attractive and calming, ethnic-influenced intro. A catchy sample breaks tranquility at 1:13 and the ride begins. The song combines elegance (heart and feeling) with aggression. I love the simplicity in the synth work at 2:25. The synths in the third minute grow fairly repetitive though, and the female voice sample specifically from 3:45 to 4:15 are annoying. They detract from the more visionary, imaginative, and riveting aspects of the song and AGAIN, make it feel safe. On the plus, the emotive notes via 4:31 are great. After a lengthier than necessary transition in the sixth minute, the song soars! I love the ambient notes at 6:47. They fuse beautiful with the synths. The third act includes another strong section in the eighth minute thanks to awesome DRUMS (with tempo changes, yes!!!), OVERTuRE, and other infectious SYNTHS. These dynamic ingredients blaze across the ninth minute. The female vocals at 10:28 are very pleasant. Unfortunately those SAME ANNOYING OTHER FEMALE ONES return at 11:28. They're repetitive and the effect used towards the end is distracting, not fun. The song incorporates more "feels" at 12:05. I love the ethereal elements; they add feeling to the visionary world. Overall this is a pretty great song that could have used some refining and trimming to transform it into an even stronger vehicle.  A-

5. High Energy Protons [Deus Ex-Machina Mix] [vs. Juno Reactor] is a remix of one of my favorite tracks (and remixes) ever. Somehow the magic and power is compromised to the traps often associated with Full On via tossing nice sounds around a safe beat and baseline. The greatness and essence of JR's classic original and remix of High Energy Protons can be heard for miles in this distinct, beautiful, and strong - infectiously relentless remix. The first act is great. The middle act is phenomenal. And the last act is full of heart, zip, and excitement! The song appears more Goa-influenced too at times. It would be so amazing if the artist incorporated more Goa influence to his new, updates style. I have to mention the returning layer at 9:54 in addition to the overture synth at 10:08 on top of everything else. That is so catchy/spectacular! I love nearly every minute of this song's roughly twelve minute run time. Excellent remix, superb!  A

6. Radio-Activity [eXtinction 13] has a wonderful, reflective, and atmospheric opening. I love it. The ambient-driven song is emotionally compelling, with beautiful and inventive sounds, arrangement, and direction. It's like a movie that never feels sound track-y thankfully. The song's provocative, loaded with feels, and the samples compliment. The melodies work wonders too; they convey the story being told -- of concern, debate, and hope for the future, humanity, etc., with so much feeling and warmth (optimism). I'm impressed by how catchy and gripping this number is, considering the lack of beat, though drum work enters (and enhances) the second half. The music is like emotions pouring down like rain, showering our spirits, consciousness. I'm so happy he artist created this. It's passionate, creative, full of hope, and beautifully designed. It also shows that he can produce superb work both with and within the Juno-influence that I enjoy so much too! Part of me wishes the song was longer due to how captivated I was before it ended. I could almost hear it continuing, developing, improving further, and yet this thing is nearly perfect to my ears in every way. I love when artists experiment and come up with something completely different and wondrous. Now if only Morphic Resonance had a track at this level of tempo, engagement, and strength in place of his Mindwarp (track 7) via the otherwise excellent City of Moons album. This song's gentle approach oozes with strength. Love is the answer. It is multi-dimensional. Increase your vibration. Stay elevated!  A

7. Thee Audssey [Continues] [The Faithealers Remix] is one heck of a closing number. It begins with what I'd describe as cinematic ambient -- the developed (with other elements) kind that I LOVE throughout this album. The song has "feels" too; it's inspirational, motivational, contemplative, and determined like a character setting off on a journey full of great discovery, magic, adventure, love, etc. Soft hymns and vocals accent the first act before the beat arrives at 2:23. Here, delectable synths lock braids as a wave of cold atmosphere soaks in. One of the first delicious segments arrives at 3:38. We get some experimental vocals towards the end of the fourth minute. They're OK. Really though, it's the synths at 5:09 that elevate the second act along with the heartfelt layers via 5:54. The kinesthetic "feels" develops into the sixth minute, complimented with tribal-y, harmony, key change(s), and more. Atmospheric and arresting, the last act's transition is far catchier than that of the self-titled track before an exciting passage arrives at 7:56. I love the storytelling aspect here and on the overall album. The emotive element at 8:28 is rich and rewarding. Yet ANOTHER awesome frame enters at 9:08. The song keeps developing and improving with greatness, incorporating many catchy ideas done before but with fresh delivery, and many new ones as well. Heartfelt and engaging, the artist combines beauty and intensity rather seamlessly, producing an experienced and satisfying finale. The Juno Reactor influence appears fairly less here (at times) as well. The result's terrific. I think this artist can take a step away from Juno Reactor (influence wise) as Filteria did (Pleiadian influence wise) with his amazing Daze of our Lives album. In doing so, Filteria's newer, more evolved style blossomed in groundbreaking ways that made me think of no other artist when hearing that album (DoOL) other than Filteria. In other words, this artist is obviously talented, passionate, and experienced enough to lose the JR training wheels (for lack of better words, influence is a better to say) and take his imaginative (less safe) visions to gob-smacking proportions. If you build it, they will come, just like JR did, hey! It's UX after all and what a comeback. I want to thank this artist for such a fantastic, imaginative album. This closing track is A LOT more imaginative and visionary than the opening (catchy but safer comparatively speaking) track led me to believe. This is yet another excellent track that embraces its vision and leaves me often starting the album from the very beginning. And that folks, is the mark of a great album!  A- / A

CONCLUSION

This sounds nothing like old UX and it's AMAZING!!! After 15-20 years I didn't expect this. I love the approach. The album gets better as it progresses. I love the atmosphere, the heart (feels!), It's edgy, dark and mystical (more or less), daring, provocative, mature, and powerful. I love the excitement, mystical and ethnic (worldly) elements, the sound/melody (synth) work, accents, power, etc., etc. This never feels like a generic full on release with exploitative touches of [insert artist name's] former self. For me, the album gets really JUNO-esque starting in Kingdom of Heaven (4:27), but UX influence hybridizing JR's inspiration with what they [UX] brings to the table is superb.

I'm so happy that this artist took time to make something special. The work invested really shows. You can tell he didn't take the cheap (generic) Full On route like many former artists who return X years later. INSTEAD we have a beautiful releases worth listening to and recommending. Now don't be discouraged when I say Full On. This is not pure Full On. Nor is Juno Reactor. As with JR, this UX album doesn't fit into one sub-genre of electronic music and yes the Full On influence is stronger here than in Juno but THIS is how it's done while maintaining integrity, the imagination, and expanding/pushing the envelope (not limited to the cookie cutter formulaic approach most albums fall into via Full On). The approach is the opposite of lazy. It grows congruent, more cohesive and enjoyable as the journey deepens. To say something's perfect or not perfect sounds so silly to me as I become more couscous aware. If I were to pick a favorite so far, it'd be High Energy Protons [Deus Ex-Machina Mix] [vs. Juno Reactor]. My GOD I love this song!!!! I love the previous versions too but WOOOOWWWOooooOWWWWWW WHOA.... WOW!!!!!!! 

I have few constructive criticisms, like the opening song's first half could have been tighter, more mystical and visionary (contextual in that sense) like the other tracks. The album grows more enchanting and exciting (love that) after the rocky path to strength opening. The other songs are so strong (though I find things I like more here and there but the same goes for everything) that it's hard to over analyze. I love the atmospheric and fantasy (sci-fi) elements and hope this talented artist continues in this (that) direction via imagination, vision, etc. Not only does he develop but at times evolves-- he EVOLVES songs!!! Some tracks do this more than others and you'll know when you hear the giant development to the point it's like going through another dimension of sound/creation that compliments (elevates) the vision of the song. The FEELS (!!!) go a long way when the artist innovates on top of his JR influence. This is a SUEPRB release. Ultimate Xperience's highly anticipated Lazarus Rising is a gem and easily one of-- if not the BEST uptempo electronic album of 2016. Post your comments/reviews good or not. This album deserves it. Highly Recommended!!!

Favorite tracks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  (that's all of them and I'm not ashamed to NOT be nit picky when I feel that EVERY song is so MEMORABLE and well done!)

9/10 ... A

Stream the full album on YouTube --> https://youtu.be/G7yBBzUnAds
Support the artist and label ---> https://neogoarecords.bandcamp.com/album/lazarus-rising

• Like 4

If I were to complain about anything, I'd say that some of those songs would have been better if they were shorter, more condensed and focused.

I feel the opposite because for example the track Lazarus reminds me of those of The World Beyond in its lengthtiness and storytelling. But! One needs to be in mood for listening touchy stuff like this: it is maybe not you morning rush hour bus choice but works well in long walks in the forest with some deep thinking about the existence :)

• Like 3

Isn't the LP the full thing unlike the EP? If this is the mini LP, what's the status of the full LP? this sounds pretty full and complete to me.

Check Neogoa's posts in announcement thread:

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/71686-ultimate-xperience-lazarus-rising-neogoa-records-2016/?p=1072470

Full physical release is coming end 2016 / beginning 2017, incl. 5 tracks from "Lazarus Rising" and 5 new ones.

• Like 1

1NMq15Q.gif

"Time is a great teacher...that eventually kills all its students."

So...is Kris...Lazarus? Metaphorically speaking?

I think Lazarus rose after four days, but let's call that artist interpretation. Like Antic I love all the people that have chimed in on this. Great to read. Let me be the 72nd guy who will tell you that this is not like old UX. Maybe it's better. You would expect someone's sound to mature after a decade or so and his has. This has more in common with Eon Project than UX. It's very science fiction oriented with lush and grandoise atmosphere. Cyberntica meets Frontline Assembly. It combines strong rhythms with soaring vocal tacets. There is so much to like about this from it's thumping power (blunt force trauma at times) to it's immense creativity. Full-on beats, but like Oforia's Read More well done full-on. Length could be an issue, but each time I listen to it I care less and less about that infraction. All the tracks are stories and they are well told and use the length to allow that tale to unfold properly. With this album I got the same feeling as when I heard Auryn by BlackStarrFinale. It's different yet still incredibly engaging. Dark yet danceable. The Faithealers remix at the end is an exclamation point that had it all.

Like everyone else I'm glad he didn't lay a full-on egg with his return, far from it. If it must be saddled with that label then think of this as the superhero of full-on. Maybe a team that just saved the world and now it's time to party.

JxldUCd.gif

Welcome back to the scene Kris. Can't wait to hear more. And by the way...best artwork I've seen in a while.

Neogoa Bandcamp

• Like 4

So, what are your favourites so far?

For me it's "Andromeda" for its awesome bassline, chord progressions and storytelling; and "Across The Universe" for its relentless, kinetic drive!

On the other hand I'm in a love/hate relationship with "Lazarus" - some moments are incredible, some are pretty dull. Also, I've slight issue with "Thee Audyssey [Continues]" - there's some sort of reverb (or something?) on top of everything, resulting in it sounding much muddier - and somewhat louder, as well - than the rest of the tracks. There's a note in credits that this particular track received a post-production mastering separately, so I guess there's something to it and it's not just my imagination.

I feel the opposite because for example the track Lazarus reminds me of those of The World Beyond in its lengthtiness and storytelling. But! One needs to be in mood for listening touchy stuff like this: it is maybe not you morning rush hour bus choice but works well in long walks in the forest with some deep thinking about the existence :)

Agree in principal, but you really need to be a good musician (not just a producer!) to make it work. Most often than not, long-duration tracks are simply 2-3 shorter tracks glued together and they'd work equally well - or better, actually - on their own. For me, the ideal length for goa/psy-trance is 7-9 minutes: enough to get you into trance and not too long to start getting boring :)

The issue with this album that I personally have (but I see others hinting on that as well) is that some tracks - e.g. the "Andromeda", which I love anyway! - would benefit from being more concise. There's a lot of great, catchy, emotional and/or driving sequences there, but they're separated by periods of emptiness, i.e. just plain kick+bass. If they were closer together, connected by some (short) breaks and transitions, it would be great. Also, (new) UX rarely combines more then 2 non-rhythm-section layers together (usually only some melody/riff + pads), which contributes to the tracks sounding a bit "flat" in terms of dynamics. I'm not asking for 5+ layers of melody like e.g. Filteria does, but surely some more overlap would be welcome.

Then again, I'm talking about what *I* would like this music to sound like and obviously Kris has 100% artistic freedom in doing whatever he pleases. I love the album regardless and it seems people are also appreciating it a lot!

• Like 1

Also, symptomatic that no one corrected my reference to JR's "Jardin de Cecile" - obviously I meant "Conga Fury" (corrected now) :)

I haven't heard the album but how could you mix up Jardin de Cecile with conga fury Antic? It's quite unlikely of you.

You know there's a heart touching story behind Jardin de Cecile. Everytime I listen to that track it comes to my mind.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have to bump this review topic for couple of reasons:

First reason is to thank you all from bottom of my heart for posting your honest and detailed reviews. It means so much for all of us at Neogoa and to Kris to see so many people enjoying this one and I hope many other people (who somehow missed the initial Bandcamp release) will now go and download it for free at Ektoplazm. Even it has been only 12 days since it appeared on Ektoplazm, it already have 4600 downloads and hopefully it will find it's way to other lovers of psychedelic trance music in general (not only Goa-fans). So yeah, thank you once again!

The other reason is the fact that we're entering The Realm Of A New Dawn phase, and I have recieved new material, so I can't describe how excited and emotional I am at the moment. If you enjoyed Lazarus Rising, I'm sure you will enjoy the second part of the album. We have teaser for 'The Night Creatures' track up on YouTube and you can listen to 8 minutes of new material there, but the most exciting moments are about to be revealed and experienced on physical release. Genesis track will be available from December 15th to December 24th for streaming via SoundCloud in full lenght (see below).

Last reason is my personal stand point about this album. Without being biased, it's my favorite release published this year and I know some people won't like the fact that it doesn't have a lot in common with the old-UX sound, but we never wanted to re-cycle that, Kris is the true artist and professional who always goes one step further when it comes to music, always trying to make as much as possible when it comes to details and influences in his music, but yet creating something unique and distinctive. Perhaps it's not published on physical media (yet), perhaps it's free release and due to that fact, many people will avoid it or just miss it (because they don't follow the digital scene), but I have to be honest and open about this one here - Lazarus Rising offers something refreshing and exciting, without going the safe route and after being experienced live, this album is my pick for 2016. Even it was a strong year with many other great albums and compilations, none of them touched the core where trance resides inside of me as Lazarus did. I smiled, I danced on meadow listening to it live, I had strong feelings when I first heard it and now, almost a half year after it still resonates stronger than before. I guess that is the most important indicator when we talk about the good music.

Sorry if I went too emotional or personal, usually I don't like to post reviews or opinions about the music we release at Neogoa, but I really had to throw out some thoughts and feelings about this album. Anyway, I hope Lazarus Rising will be everyones soundtrack to life, joy, positive emotions or in the end, just a good friend who will be there besides you whenever you need some quality and inspiring music...

-

• Like 1

6. Radio-Activity [eXtinction 13] has a wonderful, reflective, and atmospheric opening. I love it. The ambient-driven song is emotionally compelling, with beautiful and inventive sounds, arrangement, and direction. It's like a movie that never feels sound track-y thankfully. The song's provocative, loaded with feels, and the samples compliment. The melodies work wonders too; they convey the story being told -- of concern, debate, and hope for the future, humanity, etc., with so much feeling and warmth (optimism). I'm impressed by how catchy and gripping this number is, considering the lack of beat, though drum work enters (and enhances) the second half. The music is like emotions pouring down like rain, showering our spirits, consciousness. I'm so happy he artist created this. It's passionate, creative, full of hope, and beautifully designed. It also shows that he can produce superb work both with and within the Juno-influence that I enjoy so much too! Part of me wishes the song was longer due to how captivated I was before it ended. I could almost hear it continuing, developing, improving further, and yet this thing is nearly perfect to my ears in every way. I love when artists experiment and come up with something completely different and wondrous. Now if only Morphic Resonance had a track at this level of tempo, engagement, and strength in place of his Mindwarp (track 7) via the otherwise excellent City of Moons album. This song's gentle approach oozes with strength. Love is the answer. It is multi-dimensional. Increase your vibration. Stay elevated!  A

Wait. 

Does this person not know that this track is a cover of a rather famous (and awesome) Kraftwerk track?

Wait. 

Does this person not know that this track is a cover of a rather famous (and awesome) Kraftwerk track?

No, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing! I somehow missed this masterpiece. I can't believe the original released in 1975. Mind blown.

I love the live Fukushima Version by them too via https://youtu.be/gg7CSMFpwao) --> That main melody is so beautiful. There's this version too that gets great after the first minute.. https://youtu.be/0EBTn_3DBYo

Beautiful!

I could be wrong, but UX's version sounds like a beautiful remake with many creative elements and samples that are in the essence (and message) of the original master work.

• Like 1

Yeah, I really like the UX cover.

A good cover not only reproduces the original, it also brings something new to the table.

UX's version of Radioactivity is a beautiful retelling of the Kraftwerk story and I'm definitely playing it in a set sometime