Old timers thread

Frontier Psychiatrist

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

October 7, 2001

I was in another thread just like this one, but I guess I can throw myself into this one too. In one month it is 18 years of psynews for me. Time simply never seizes to tick now does it.

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 3:12 AM, mudpeople said:

Pixiejanet is a friend of mine on FB, she was doing fine last I heard.  I might have a few others on my facebook unknowingly.  

That may sound weird now, but you may tell her I think of her nickname every time Look Mum No Computer sings "Janet are you ready?" on his track Living In the Paper

she's the only person named Janet that I've ever known :P

• 3 months later...

Been here many times and have a bad rep. just came back as I got back in with some new labels now that the quality of music is so good again. 

anyway I'll be kicked off again shortly but before I am super serious apologies for all the shit I did. 

I am now spending  my elder years trying hard to make amends with the universe. Much love. 

4 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

Been here many times and have a bad rep. just came back as I got back in with some new labels now that the quality of music is so good again. 

anyway I'll be kicked off again shortly but before I am super serious apologies for all the shit I did. 

I am now spending  my elder years trying hard to make amends with the universe. Much love. 

welcome back bro :D:+1:

many/most of us psyheads have gone thru some shit in the past i think its quite allright then again im biased

2 hours ago, technosomy said:

hmmmmm do we ask who you were before?
i absorb you of all your sins my child

Mike D from Australia. 

feel free to ban me again but I promise to behave... I've got 2 kids now, have been through some serious mental health issues but got the right help the last 8 years. No meds. Loads of exercise, no alcohol/drugs & a great wife n' psychologist. 

Sorting out my abusive childhood/teen/early adulthood has really helped me realize why I was being such a dick online and offline. 

13 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

Mike D from Australia. 

feel free to ban me again but I promise to behave... I've got 2 kids now, have been through some serious mental health issues but got the right help the last 8 years. No meds. Loads of exercise, no alcohol/drugs & a great wife n' psychologist. 

Sorting out my abusive childhood/teen/early adulthood has really helped me realize why I was being such a dick online and offline. 

i remember you, but you not been the worst here
all of us here in australia have been cleansed by fire

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ormion said:

Pavel is back the same week as NHJO. I always loved that coincidence. :rolleyes::lol:

Obviously.

I'd like to take this opertunity to write that I am Radi604.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, some of the old timers are still (or again…) here… :D Thanks to the Corona Crisis I'm working from home now so I decided it's time to re-listen to the stuff in my Collection. I take it the lockdown will be over before I'm done with that but who knows. I'm still at the very beginning and listening to artists starting with A, my conclusions so far are: the first 1200 Mics album was rather weak in comparison to the other ones (they are awesome imho); I didn't appreciate Akanoid enough when I first listened to their Album, their sound is ace; I couldn't stand to listen to Ace Ventura's Rmx CD until the end (sorry mate!), Alternative Controle's first album is a blast; Amahata is great to (bought a double CD but never really gave it a try, what a shame!). Maybe I'll keep you updated… Oh and Afgin really is the master of neo-goa!

Hi Mike D, you sound really chilled and down to earth! I'm happy to hear live is going well now for you.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 8:33 PM, Tatsu said:

Hi Mike D, you sound really chilled and down to earth! I'm happy to hear live is going well now for you.

Thanks Tatsu, much respect to a fellow old timer. Yes life has thrown much at me over the years,  lot of it death related (inc. my eldest sister suicide) but much hope in my two beautiful children who are some of the kindest humans I've ever met. 

I spend my time teaching them the importance of giving and community. Whenever we see homeless people for example, as we are able to afford, we always buy them food & water. Some time ones I know well locally I pay for their bedding costs for a week at a homeless hostel... giving is such a good way to achieve peace.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 12:05 PM, Bartzabel said:

Thanks Tatsu, much respect to a fellow old timer. Yes life has thrown much at me over the years,  lot of it death related (inc. my eldest sister suicide) but much hope in my two beautiful children who are some of the kindest humans I've ever met. 

I spend my time teaching them the importance of giving and community. Whenever we see homeless people for example, as we are able to afford, we always buy them food & water. Some time ones I know well locally I pay for their bedding costs for a week at a homeless hostel... giving is such a good way to achieve peace.

And still with all this shit that was happening to you you are still a very chilled person now, respect for that! I know a thing or two about close people dying but that's how life is I suppose. I hope you continue to Keep your head up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hej Tatsu cool that you drop by again, long time no see :) 

Good luck listening through the collection ... I never had these problems, my CD collection is rather small ...

On 4/8/2020 at 12:33 PM, Tatsu said:

I didn't appreciate Akanoid enough when I first listened to their Album, their sound is ace;

yup, Akanoid were quite good - even when they turned their back at psytrance they still had something ... I looked them up recently, the last album was 5 years ago, so maybe they're not as active as in the past...