Unexpected use of the 303

acid-brain

I was listening to some 80's pop/disco music a while back and hearing the 303 being used in a very subtle way. Sadly I can't remember the track name now. This thread is for when acid is used in other genres that you might not expect to use acid.

It's not the most surprising case because industrial is always experimental and outside the box, but this track has some lovely acid sweeps:

• Like 2

Niiice! This is a tough thread, as I expect Acid everywhere (eventhough I dont get it :P ) In my head, its always there. The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago while listening to an ambient and trying to sleep, the acid kicked my sleep away :D I will post if I come across that track again. Should be easier to find as I have only few thousand tracks in my iTunes

• Like 2

Fellow acid brains unite

1984. Again not so unexpected because he has the whole hip hop 808 thang going too.

love that shit.

mate theres also ragas on a disco beat or some shit like that u should did , that shit came way before acid house trance etc... made by indian guy ... way ahead of his time... 2 tracks are ok albums a bit repetitive but shit was impressive for its time i swear to you mate

Yeah the addictive melody in that track was playing in my head as I made this thread.

Once again... 1982! I can hardly believe it!

Just a 303, an 808 and a Jupiter-8. DAW VST shitlords take note.

i have the original non pitched one sounds much better imo

Yeah the addictive melody in that track was playing in my head as I made this thread.

Once again... 1982! I can hardly believe it!

Just a 303, an 808 and a Jupiter-8. DAW VST shitlords take note.

i got that record its fucking brilliant mate

• 1 month later...

Also can you post the weird forms in which 303 occurs. I mean some more :D

For someone like me who has never seen the instrument not used any software or in fact even the YouTube videos sometimes it's hard to identify the sounds if they are tweaked beyond normal. I remember OOOD saying TB303 does wonderful/interesting things when you supply it a voltage beyond its working range or something similar.

The Jam on it gets better and better with every watch :D

I think I'll enjoy Acid House, electro parties more than the psytrance (read as Psycore / Hi-Tech) parties. I have to research about the scene here.

• Like 1