VA Terraformer (Global Sect)

• 4 weeks later...

The last CD is really goddamn good. I love this midtempo story-telling goa.

Why magma so short tho?

Its long version :D

Because in begin it was be like more short intro and Fiery add more tunes for relese :)

hoefully my cd and tshirt are on the way too, can't wait!! :)

Would love to buy this for the price of 35E from bandcamp, but then the additional $11 for shipping, puts this at near $50.  That's a bit out of the old price range.  Looks great though.

it's worth it bro if you still collecting discs

• 1 month later...

Anyone who owns this gonna do a review?

I am guessing if you read the review of The Mystery Of Crystal Worlds, it should tell you how it sounds.

I listened to the first CD on Youtube (Terraformer) and to be honest I can't be bothered to listen to the rest. Decent but always the same morning sound all over again.

By reading the tracklist of the next 3 CDs I don't expect any surprise, please tell me if there is any!

• Like 1

I am guessing if you read the review of The Mystery Of Crystal Worlds, it should tell you how it sounds.

I listened to the first CD on Youtube (Terraformer) and to be honest I can't be bothered to listen to the rest. Decent but always the same morning sound all over again.

By reading the tracklist of the next 3 CDs I don't expect any surprise, please tell me if there is any!

None.

• Like 1

Well, the first CD so far is pretty enjoyable. I really like mid-tempo tracks that are on it. Liquid Flow - Event Horizon is a track I know from before and is one of my favorite slow-mid tempo tracks.

Not sure what surprises you, novelty vampires, are expecting, but this is solid IMO.

giphy.gif

LOL.

Unfortunately Terraformer was my last attempt on newly produced Goa (get it? not NeoGoa). I might be old, grumpy etc etc but I will continue hunting any oldschool Goa releases I miss from my collection or pleasant surprises the likes of which Zion604 and Dat Records deliver. No offence to the people involved, which you can tell they do a pretty good job, it's just not for me.

Well I get that. You prefer old-school and thats completely fine, but some of you guys are saying that neogoa releases arent giving you anything really new. That bothers me a little bit because that is such a common negative critique on this forum and its not well founded IMO. You could argue that oldschool doesnt give you anything new either. No surprises there too. This IS psytrance. Sure goa changed a little bit but not by that much. If you are seeking novelty, I dont think you will ever be satisfied again with this genre.

• Like 1

Yea it seems like a lot of neogoa's critique comes from unoriginal production. IMO calling something Neo always ends up in the shit i.e Neoliberalism (Need i say more). But don't let the NeoLiberals ruin Goa for yourselves. It's just a more psychedelic version, with different tools, harder kicks and rocking basslines. I agree with Global sect "Goa will never die". Still the best genre around. M-run only came out with his acclaimed album 5 years ago. Ra was 1 year. Artha, Proxeeus, Psysutra, Miranda still produces via soundcloud (Thanks whoever told me that). So much variety to pick from. When you get sick of Goa go listen to some psybreaks. But you'll always come back  :P

• 4 weeks later...