How much is your discogs.com collection worth?

antic604

Not sure if it's been there forever or it's something they introduced lately, but in Collection view discogs.com shows an estimated worth of your musical treasure chest based on last 10 sales of each item in your possession.

For my collection it gives:

min - EUR 5.2k

med - EUR 9.1k

max - EUR 15.4k

:o

Mind you, this is not to brag about anything - I'm sure most people here have much bigger collections, with more rare / expensive stuff in them. But I thought it's interesting.

BTW, here's my collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/antic/collection?header=1 (the value estimate is obviously only visible to the owner of the account :))

• Like 1

For some reason I can't get it to show the total min/med/max worth of my collection.

Anyway, my most valuable CD by all measures is Solar Fields - Extended, and the most valuable looking at the per track price is the Process & Tristan - KV 23 / Random Factor single.

• Like 1

no idea but aint selling shit either lol

min 41,8

med 63,1

max 86,1

95% vinyl

but its not the whole collection....i have not managed to catalog everything.

6154 items are cataloged, maybe 2000 left.

Damn! :o:lol:

no idea but aint selling shit either lol

That's not the purpose of this thread. Just pure fun / dick-measuring contest :P

• Like 1

Damn! :o:lol:

That's not the purpose of this thread. Just pure fun / dick-measuring contest :P

yea thats the thing i never bothered using a ruler to measure my dick like uve seen in porkys movie :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: but not gonna even go beyond that i dont have to no comment really xD

i know ur having fun dude chill lol :P;)

Great thread @antic604

Nice topic.

Thanks! The inspiration was, that some time ago - jokingly! - I asked my kids if they'd like to have my CDs collection assigned to them in my dying will. They obviously said no, because everyone in my family hates this music...

Now, the tune changed when they saw how much it's worth :lol:

• Like 5

Thanks! The inspiration was, that some time ago - jokingly! - I asked my kids if they'd like to have my CDs collection assigned to them in my dying will. They obviously said no, because everyone in my family hates this music...

Lol. So much awesome in this post. Hehe.. "don't play that goa music". "Wait it's worth how much?". :)

• Like 1

ah for fuck sake... man... obviously they should own it like ,its part of you!! shiiit thats sad... if i die i want my son to have my heritage and he loves music which makes me really happy. no matter what he will like or dislike im happy you know? i dont want to impose things to anybody and specially my baby boy Angelo. If he comes one day to me asking me stuff about this music sure ill explain n stuff he will probably dig it or maybe not but i believe he will ... boys will be boys in a sort of way you know?

I think your family should least try to understand why you like it... i mean its you isnt it?

well its worth what you feel its worth imo. love to u man

7k max value based on 183 goa CDs.

Great thread @antic604

7,000 euros you mean?

183 goa cds? damn you really must own some rarities! :) respect

ah for fuck sake... man... obviously they should own it like ,its part of you!! shiiit thats sad... if i die i want my son to have my heritage and he loves music which makes me really happy. no matter what he will like or dislike im happy you know? i dont want to impose things to anybody and specially my baby boy Angelo. If he comes one day to me asking me stuff about this music sure ill explain n stuff he will probably dig it or maybe not but i believe he will ... boys will be boys in a sort of way you know?

I think your family should least try to understand why you like it... i mean its you isnt it?

well its worth what you feel its worth imo. love to u man

Don't worry - they understand it, they accept it, I'm "allowed" to spend whatever I want on it and dedicate as much time as I want to listen to it. They just don't like it, the same as I'm not into my son's Warhammer4000, my daughter's My Little Pony or my wife's gardening / healthy food.

It's all cool. Thought it was funny to mention :)

• Like 1

Mine used to be around 11K€, but I have sold 2/3 of it now (for ~7000€, so the estimate was accurate).

yea i seen you sold many of your records.. anyways good to see you here you old fart :D:)

Don't worry - they understand it, they accept it, I'm "allowed" to spend whatever I want on it and dedicate as much time as I want to listen to it. They just don't like it, the same as I'm not into my son's Warhammer4000, my daughter's My Little Pony or my wife's gardening / healthy food.

It's all cool. Thought it was funny to mention :)

yea i get you man but sure thats normal imo , my wife likes some new age hippie clothing , she doesnt bash what i do and she always supports me , sometimes not LOL but sure ya gotta know how to deal with that shit but its all good anyways lol what matters is that i like it and you like it and psynews this is what is for , we all share kinda same sort taste in music ... so despite we are miles away from each other technology allowed us to least throw our thought in here and least socialize with people that share same views or not . its cool i dig it. nothing like facebook imo i hate the thing , all about me me me me me bullshit , fuck that im not meant for it and sick of nosey peeps going around peeking shit of your private life u never know what fucking dickheads lurk out there... world is shit true but i mean mine doesnt have to be does it? fuck them like just being honest :|

I sold my entire record collection about 5 years ago at about the time it became feasible to store a large music collection on a couple of hard disks... I don't hoard plastic

Respect!

Mine is min, avg, max - 2.2K , 4K & 6.5K same as 604, 180 odd cd's + some 20 odd vinyls. F'in shit is worthless though, this 180 = no extras, no sellers.

Not sure how to check the one which is worth max, but I'm sure it's Aes Dana - Aftermath minty one. :D

I wonder what Mergi, Jos, Draeke's collection value would be like.

Mergi for 1 has insane vinyls.