Psy-trance with heavy guitar riffs?

MrAnarchy

I went to a party a few months ago where Thierry Gotti from Spectral and Holeg Spies attended and when they came on stage they started rocking this weird blend of psy-trance and baddass heavy guitar with Thierry on the Guitar ofc. It was beyond epic. They created a very serious and unique atmosphere.

Also I heard similar tracks on local retro trance parties but I cant figure out which or whose tracks they were.

Post such tracks bellow if you know any. :)

• Like 1

Xenomorph - Prognosis 1776

Actually the entire Demagoguery Of The Obscurants album is quite on the heavy side (and absolutely fantastic).

Kinda something like this. Really nice track tho

Maybe I'm miss-using the word heavy guitar. Tracks were dark but Thierry was making cutting melodic landscape sounds on his electric guitar. Im sorry I am really trying to describe it but Im really F*ucking stupid when it come to technicalities in music :lol:

@Pual - damn! Thanks for reminding me of that album. Have just heard it once after buying it from that German dude.

& cheese - :P

Even the whole cosmic experience album is having guitar riffs I guess.

Lol @ the above gif. Ha ha

Dark soho and Tim were good mentions. SUN project as well. Check this out

OMG!!! This is what the dude played on the mentioned retro party. Great job man! Thats exactly the stuff Im looking for

I went to a party a few months ago where Thierry Gotti from Spectral and Holeg Spies attended and when they came on stage they started rocking this weird blend of psy-trance and baddass heavy guitar with Thierry on the Guitar ofc. It was beyond epic. They created a very serious and unique atmosphere.

Also I heard similar tracks on local retro trance parties but I cant figure out which or whose tracks they were.

Post such tracks bellow if you know any. :)

Hi!

The first which came to my mind was "Drosophila", but there are not any guitar riffs, those are from silverboxes...

Instead of that one from S.U.N. Project, try "Out of my brain":

By the hand of The Delta, we have the remix of Johann Bley's "Stranded" (there are 303's, guitars and a stomping baseline):

Skazi has something more rock'ish than others, but, personally, I don't like, but that does not mean that you neither, so try this "Seek and destroy":

And the ultra-famous "xtc" by the same before:

Ops! I have just reminded another classic of all times, "Sex, drugs & acidtrance" by S.U.N. Project:

Try also these ones (not riffs, but guitars, more acoustic, but guitars):

Infected Mushroom - Statik Dancing:

Infected Mushroom - Deeply Disturbed:

And as you've been told up there, try Dark Soho:

"Unusual Ceremony":

Just for saying one, because I enjoy the whole album, "Sun Spot" (2000), which I strongly reccommend you, if you want to listen to some nice guitar tracks. They also have two albums: Combustion, which is not as strong as Sun Spot; and Light in the dark, with several guitar tracks, try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snkDx4T1jgQ.

If I am right, Dark Soho and S.U.N. Project were rock artists before they got in touch with Goatrance.

Hope you had a little luck with these all.

PLUR.

Thanks! You've all been very helpful!

Dark Soho is pretty much the first psy-trance artist that speaks to me. Ill maybe start exploring psy-trance for the first time from here.

I listened to Sun Spot and Combustion this morning and just wow.

This goddamn track! :wub:

I fucking love that chainsawing sound at 3:25. Ive encountered it just a few times in goa

I listened to Sun Spot and Combustion this morning and just wow.

This goddamn track! :wub:

I fucking love that chainsawing sound at 3:25. Ive encountered it just a few times in goa

Combustion is fantastic! It was also one of my first psytrance albums :)

There are some Infected Mushroom tracks with guitars.

Their most heavy guitars album is Legend of the Black Shawarma. Some nice guitars are also in Converting Vegetarians Cd 2 - the other side but in more chill out style like this one

• Like 1

Dark Soho made some epic music no doubt! The old school artists I miss the most!

You can also listen to the track The Fusion:

My favourite track by them is The New Age, it has a fantastic dark melody and very haunting atmosphere, no guitar though.

By the way, you can check out the whole compilations Guitars on Mushroom they are on Youtube, you will probably find some tracks you like.

gandalf_to_the_music.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: holy fuck XD epic LOL

Mr Anarchy if you are still looking for buttrock beavis n butthead goas check sunproject , tim shudts think he has plenty of heavymetal psy

not very fond anything else really

think guitars in psy really dont come into my taste because if i listen to goa or psy its because of the electronic sounds if i want guitars id rather listen to metals or old psychedelic bands and go ape shit with agreession like an old teenager lol

of course i think you can always check ozric tentacles band i think they sort of psychedelic hybrid not goa or trance but psychedelic like 60s you know