Are you a grumpy old goa trancer?

SixZeroFou4

Hi my name is Tom, I'm 36 years old, and I'm a grumpy old goa trance.

I own very few discs beyond year 2000. Besides the DAT records and suntrip re releases, post 2000 discs are maybe 5.

If you are a grumpy old goa trancer.. whatsup!

If you are, but found good stuff, I'm open to listen to suggestions.

If you have post 2000 suggestions I'll listen. I might be selling myself short...

• Like 2

*raises hand* --> although I was blessed with much good music throughout the 2000s up until a few years ago when the Suomi and much of the Aussie scene slowed to a crawl.

Still a few releases here and there, but for the most part, it appears spent. Can't blame them, it sounds like many of the labels had low sales.

Psy-Harmonics, Freakdance, Exogenic, Devic Craft, Demon Tea, Edgecore, Faerie Dragon, 6D Soundz, Space Boogie, Surreal Audio, Karelia

So many quality releases throughout the 2000s, I was a very happy camper.

As those labels started to die off, in addition to the losses of the the Goa greats and more minimal second wave, I quite often feel that there isn't much to listen to these days.

There are certainly some great releases that slip through, but overall, the music that made my soul bounce has slipped away...

(editor's note: I'm not really grumpy. I'm very thankful that I was able to experience what I did and when I did. That was all pure magic and it changed my life)

• Like 2

*raises hand* --> although I was blessed with much good music throughout the 2000s up until a few years ago when the Suomi and much of the Aussie scene slowed to a crawl.

Still a few releases here and there, but for the most part, it appears spent. Can't blame them, it sounds like many of the labels had low sales.

Psy-Harmonics, Freakdance, Exogenic, Devic Craft, Demon Tea, Edgecore, Faerie Dragon, 6D Soundz, Space Boogie, Surreal Audio, Karelia

So many quality releases throughout the 2000s, I was a very happy camper.

As those labels started to die off, in addition to the losses of the the Goa greats and more minimal second wave, I quite often feel that there isn't much to listen to these days.

There are certainly some great releases that slip through, but overall, the music that made my soul bounce has slipped away...

(editor's note: I'm not really grumpy. I'm very thankful that I was able to experience what I did and when I did. That was all pure magic and it changed my life)

That was beautiful. I enjoyed reading it. Yeah my classics still do the trick :)

I'm a grumpy old full-on sucker. Fvck me if there was any better psy release than Aquatic Serenade ever.

For post-2000 goa I can name Mindsphere - Mental Triplex/Presence and Antares - Exodus - these two really caught my attention. But since I'm not a proper goa guy, these suggestions may be worth nothing

I'm a grumpy old full-on sucker. Fvck me if there was any better psy release than Aquatic Serenade ever.

Lost Paradise is my favourite full on track. I haven't heard many though.

Reason being those lovely strings, they remind me of that Kung fu hustle string killers :D

Yes, yes sir I am. But sure enough, instead of complaining I'm trying to do something about it in my own little way.

Dude I feel you. I'm not cool with complaining. I try not to I don't think I have.

Awesome answer though. Happy to hear you are making music. I keep trying to listen to samples but I have to download it. I have the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

Lost Paradise is my favourite full on track. I haven't heard many though.

Reason being those lovely strings, they remind me of that Kung fu hustle string killers :D

I have an electric universe album that's full on that I like. The first track is the prayer.

I also like talamasca - zodiac

Dude I feel you. I'm not cool with complaining. I try not to I don't think I have.

Awesome answer though. Happy to hear you are making music. I keep trying to listen to samples but I have to download it. I have the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

I want you to know it was fully a personal statement (about complaining), not in any way related to you. :) Yeah I guess you really should hear the full tracks (all are 10+ minutes) to get the picture.

Im not a grumpy old goa trancer, but I am a grumpy goa trancer in general. Im almost militant sometimes. Nothing is as good as true goa is. For some reason when someone posts Talamasca or some pay-trance on FB for an example, I feel the need to tell them that they're listening to shit and that I can teach them the true way. I contain myself most of the time but yeah. :lol:

• Like 2

when someone posts Talamasca

there's absolutely nothing wrong with talamasca up to (and including) zodiac. time simulation wipes the floor with 90% of goa trance (not that it wouldn't do the same with >90% of fullon) and i've heard some tracks from zodiac turn up in goa trance mixes, blending in perfectly.

@topic

i wouldn't say i'm old. i was too young to party in the oldschool days. one can never be old if that's the case, right? ;).

@topic

i wouldn't say i'm old.

So , young and grumpy goa trancer then.? :D

i was too young to party in the oldschool days. one can never be old if that's the case, right? ;).

+1 I was just 100 miles away from the place where people were witnessing something truly special during the glory days. But :P I was a toddler :lol:

@topic - Yes, same here. I dont own many post 2000 Goa. But the ones' I own are stellar (DAT, Amakusa, khetzal) I got tired of listening to the samey stuff of these days, so I went ahead and explored Ambient, Psybient, Acid House, Acid Electro,forest,Techno and other stuff which I used to avoid when I was a Goa trance bhakt. So all is well ;)

I guess I would call myself a grumpy young trancer, since I often stick with the pre-2000 or early 2000's goa/psytrance.

I want you to know it was fully a personal statement (about complaining), not in any way related to you. :) Yeah I guess you really should hear the full tracks (all are 10+ minutes) to get the picture.

Hehe I know. I know I have had a tendency to complain and I don't think it's right or fair to the new stuff so I know you weren't referring to me, but I was making sure I wasn't giving off negative vibes.

I understand the value of hearing the whole track. I will download them. Thanks!

Im not a grumpy old goa trancer, but I am a grumpy goa trancer in general. Im almost militant sometimes. Nothing is as good as true goa is. For some reason when someone posts Talamasca or some pay-trance on FB for an example, I feel the need to tell them that they're listening to shit and that I can teach them the true way. I contain myself most of the time but yeah. :lol:

Hehe. I don't mind if someone is "preaching" what they believe is goa, but it's truly not. I'm just happy they are listening and any mention of goa trance is a good mention. :)

So , young and grumpy goa trancer then.? :D

+1 I was just 100 miles away from the place where people were witnessing something truly special during the glory days. But :P I was a toddler :lol:

@topic - Yes, same here. I dont own many post 2000 Goa. But the ones' I own are stellar (DAT, Amakusa, khetzal) I got tired of listening to the samey stuff of these days, so I went ahead and explored Ambient, Psybient, Acid House, Acid Electro,forest,Techno and other stuff which I used to avoid when I was a Goa trance bhakt. So all is well ;)

Hey would you say that suntrip release is TransStellar..

Lolololol thank you thank you.. you're too kind hahah

there's absolutely nothing wrong with talamasca up to (and including) zodiac. time simulation wipes the floor with 90% of goa trance (not that it wouldn't do the same with >90% of fullon) and i've heard some tracks from zodiac turn up in goa trance mixes, blending in perfectly.

@topic

i wouldn't say i'm old. i was too young to party in the oldschool days. one can never be old if that's the case, right? ;).

I agree bro.. talamasca zodiac is nice. Especially the whole concept and the booklet with all the goa artist birthdays/zodiac signs.

Well... Yes, and no :)

Only about a fourth of my collection could be considered "goa trance", and there may well be a 50/50 mix between pre and post 2000 music. Good goa trance is good, regardless of its age. There's horrible garbage made today, just as there was 20 years ago so nothing has really changed.

And about 90% of anything is crap anyway :lol:

• Like 5

I own very few discs beyond year 2000. Besides the DAT records and suntrip re releases, post 2000 discs are maybe 5.

If you are, but found good stuff, I'm open to listen to suggestions.

If you have post 2000 suggestions I'll listen. I might be selling myself short...

Why did you suddenly join psynews? I see you are new since June 2016 :)

This isn't a 'secret' double account to search for compliments? :P

• Like 1

Why did you suddenly join psynews? I see you are new since June 2016 :)

This isn't a 'secret' double account to search for compliments? :P

...NOT.

He has another account with zero messages, so that doesn't count. 137 messages with this account with one single IP. No VPN here, it's legit.

Not everyone is looking for undue fame.

Raising hand too ! 39 years old, French, into the scene for 21 years, on psynews for 16 years, and naturally severely grumpy.

Besides Goatrance, I think there has been a bunch of good FullOn (eg Xerox, XI) and Progressive (Symphonix, Suntree, Ovnimoon...check IONO records) albums in the past years. Ambient too (Ultimae records). Though I believe the level has decreased in the past 3 years due (imo) to more time spend by artists on facebook and less in front of their machines...

• Like 1