Psychedelic Music & The Human Brain

I introduced my aunt and uncle - people of almost 60 - to goatrance just a few days ago. They never heard it before.

Played "UX - Master of the Universe (live remix)", and they adored it.

My aunt grabed her head and stated the following: "This music does something with my brain." :)

Good article indeed. I've never experienced ecstatic trance in my life except once. I was at a dinner party held to celebrate something I don't remember of. I had just been drinking a couple of wine glasses, had good food, chatted with friends, nothing special. Don't know why and how, but at one point I felt in a completely different state, I mean compared to my ordinary consciousness. Suddenly I was utterly happy, could feel all the beauty in the world, felt like I was touched by eternity. My senses sharpened to a point I'd never conceived, I could see every detail in the big lunch hall, close my eyes and remember each single detail. And I hadn't had any drugs (I've never had in my life). 30 years later, I can't remember having a similar experience once again in my life. I tried with meditation, bioenergetic, wilderness immersive staying. Then, lot long ago I approached psychedelic electronic music (psychill in particular). Soon I felt THIS music has a huge potential for ecstatic trance. It moved something inside me unlike all the music (a lot of genres) I'd been listening to for a very long time. Once I even started dancing alone at my home feeling so good. Probably, trance dance works as an amplifier of those good vibes that come from the right music. I dare say I'm approaching the elusive door of ecstatic trance and meet it again...

• Like 1