Artist: Perfect Blind

Title: Wanderers

Label: Neogoa

Date: April, 2016

1. Passing the Veil

2. Floating Spheres

3. Outerland

4. Syncope 2015

5. Lunar Dawn - Blessings From Irij (Remix)

6. Edge of Solitude

7. Sabled Sun (with Subscale)

8. March of the Dragonflies

9. Nephilim' Dance (With Psilocybian)

10. Wanderers

Bonus Tracks:

1. Sudden Clarity (Feat. CUBErt)

2. Outerland (Downtempo Mix)

Igor Ceranic from Croatia may not be a household name, but he should be. If you're a fan of modern day goa trance you have certainly heard his work. All those physical CDs you've got stored in cardboard boxes until Ikea gets their sh*t together and makes a great CD rack are probably mastered by him. He's produced under the name Dual Barrel , Deimos , Perfect Blind...even as part of the metal band Subscale. This is his latest effort, a downtempo album that is filled with industrial sounds and atmosphere. That's kind of his thing and if you heard We Have Forgotten under his Deimos moniker you would already know that.

This is not Solar Fields or Aes Dana so if you're looking to take a nap then this ain't the vehicle. Calling this chill is a stretch. His sounds are dark and the themes are as well. It's immersive and layered with Matrix-esque futuristic overtones. He told me once that he tries to go lighter sometimes, but it usually ends up in a dark place. The album is a solid experience with industrial ambient powerhouse Edge of Solitude and the engaging Sabled Sun. Usually when guitars make an appearance it has a tendency to become a sh*tshow, but it was well done here. His take on Lunar Dawn's Blessing's From Irij (released on Blessings From Irij Remixes) is still a slowed down goa treat. Unfortunately I felt that March of the Dragonflies and his contribution with psytrance genius Psilocybian didn't really go anywhere. Missed opportunity. That said, I liked this album, but I think he's just scratched the surface of his talent. Personally I would love an even darker industrial goa album. His sound is so lush and he layers so well. Because I think he has the potential to be the next UX or Syb Unity Nettwerk.

When you buy his album from his Bandcamp page you also get two downloadable bonus tracks. Now you can download it for free from Ektoplazm, but if you buy it from his bandcamp you can also bundle it with the Deimos album and that is highly recommended. Plus you get to help the artist and that's never a bad thing.

Perfect Blind Bandcamp

Ektoplazm

• Like 1

Tnx for the review Mike, I agree with you from my critic's side on most points... :D

And yeah, next album will be really much darker, immersive and low(or no)-beat... As you heard from those clips. :)

Did my part and ordered the bundle with Deimos CD. Looking forward to it! :)

I'll send your order monday, as I was on holiday till now... I actually brought some CDs with me, but I forgot to bring Deimos CDs and, well... :) Sorry for the delay, otherwise i ship them in a day or two! :-/

• Like 2

I'll send your order monday, as I was on holiday till now... I actually brought some CDs with me, but I forgot to bring Deimos CDs and, well... :) Sorry for the delay, otherwise i ship them in a day or two! :-/

It's fine, I've a lot of other music to listen to right now. Send whenever you can :)

its nice i had a wee listen on bandcamp

its like a sort of goa downgraded to 120ish bpm

also got those khetzal vibes in a way , must be the ambient reeverb background combination its well done

good music :wub::)

support if you will , i liked it

Tnx for the review Mike, I agree with you from my critic's side on most points... :D

And yeah, next album will be really much darker, immersive and low(or no)-beat... As you heard from those clips. :)

nice to see you here mate. congrats and best wishes men :)

Sent today :)

Tnx!

(btw fastest bpm is 100 :D)

wow lol sorry bro ... it felt like 120 honest! lol 100? damn i felt faster than that! lol :lol::P

thats cool :) keep up i enjoyed hope you will get good support and more music adventures can surge / come up :)

• 4 months later...

Hi y'all, little Christmas update. :D

I'm having a sale until Christmas, so CD's and bundles are 33+% off.

So for the next few weeks, you can buy my Wanderers album on digipak CD for just 6€ (9€ before), or bundle it with Deimos album for just 9€ (14€ before).

Just head on to: https://perfectblind.bandcamp.com/

As for other info, new album is around 80% done, musically at least... :D

Cheers. :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

The production is stunning, yet it is hard to ignore that several tracks have too many disharmonious melodies and sound awkward. I was listening to this album with headphones while doing nothing else, and this flaw was too obvious, for instance the track with guitars, the first half is great with a clever use of the guitar, but then a second guitar melody enters and it doesn't fit well IMO. Three or four tracks in this album have a similar issue.

On the plus side, the sound design is beautiful, I like the ending of the tracks, nice attention to details. The second track (Floating Spheres) is special with a building tension that works very well. The track with the loud kick (Nephilim' Dance) is cool even though it sounds too short for me. The tenth track (Wanderers) has nice tribal vibes. I don't have the bonus tracks. That said I liked the 2017 album Stratum much more, especially Foreseen Consequences and the remarkable Abyssentient.

• 7 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 10:11 AM, Manuser said:

The production is stunning, yet it is hard to ignore that several tracks have too many disharmonious melodies and sound awkward. I was listening to this album with headphones while doing nothing else, and this flaw was too obvious, for instance the track with guitars, the first half is great with a clever use of the guitar, but then a second guitar melody enters and it doesn't fit well IMO. Three or four tracks in this album have a similar issue.

Hey, tnx for your review mate! :) I can assure you that everything's in key and such, but ofc there are some synth detunes/unisons + distortions (esp. guitar) so that can have that effect, yeah... hehe :D

On 4/14/2020 at 10:11 AM, Manuser said:

That said I liked the 2017 album Stratum much more, especially Foreseen Consequences and the remarkable Abyssentient.

Personally, I'm much more happy with Stratum. To date, I prefer that album (as a whole) the most of all my work I've made so far... 
Be sure to check out my new album: https://perfectblind.bandcamp.com/album/shapes-illusions