5. Zyce with Liquid Soul & Solar Kid - The Protocol

6. Face The Fear

7. Zyce with Sub6 - Witchcraft

8. Zyce with Talpa - Here Comes The Sun

9. Zyce with Gaudium - Son of Night

10. The Ritual

11. Sweet Ocean

aSbzujI.gif

What'cha lookin' for? Bathroom? Girls or boys? Good news fruitcake you can use either! This is Target!

Man there are a f*ckton of releases out there. No way anybody can digest them all. Especially in the progressive trance genre so it's easy to see how some can get lost in the morass. Zyce is Nikola Kozic from Serbia and he's been around a long time. Pretty much a staple for progressive trance. Recently his album was the highest selling on Psyshop so I decided to see what the buzz was about. The fact that it was released by TesseracT was an added bonus as I've usually had good luck with them.

As per usual these days the music straddles the psy/progressive line and he gets a little help from his friends on a lot of the tracks. I'm not going to insult your intelligence and tell you it's music you haven't heard before. Cause it's not. But there is a warmth and a bouncy whimsy to it. Some tracks had an orchestral quality (Shiva) and the breaks highlighted the depth found therein. It's very soothing with nary a jarring or abrasive moment while maintaining a futuristic feel. He did turn up the heat with Witchcraft, the aggressive collaboration with Sub6 that was my favorite.

That said it's not a very challenging album and has a lot of been there done that tropes. Done well, but done nonetheless. I enjoyed it, but I don't see myself frequently reaching for it. Good, but not great.

Psyshop

Beatspace