I even have a thread where I questioned whether he was a sociopath prior to that article.

While not the best source, I fully respect that article.

I believe he is a sociopath, but I feel it's intertwined with some weird drive.. To be the best.

If he creates a constant and successive flow of great ideas that he can turn his back on, he has the ability to pick up on the winning idea, and believe in it to the fullest extent. The key is winning idea. He might say nonsense, but he believes in it and can make it happen.

He is a sociopath, but the good kind. I'm still not convinced on him, but I think he's actually going to pull this whole thing off.

I meant to call attention to the ghost writer and his own lack of confidence in the "art of the deal", not whether or not Trump is a sociopath.

I actually find HC sociopathic and Trump psychopathic. But they both support an "America first" politics that I utterly despise.

Presidency is a bad institution. Every single presidential administration, going back to Roosevelt and McKinley, has been imperialistic, and the world has suffered from their beligerence and willingness to step on other countries to further American goals. Even supposed peacenik Jimmy Carter was a Cold Warrior whose administration supported the Mujahideen in Afghanistan. http://www.counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/

So no, I don't support any president.

On 8/22/2016 at 8:51 PM, Blair Thaumic said:

Presidency is a bad institution. Every single presidential administration, going back to Roosevelt and McKinley, has been imperialistic, and the world has suffered from their beligerence and willingness to step on other countries to further American goals. Even supposed peacenik Jimmy Carter was a Cold Warrior whose administration supported the Mujahideen in Afghanistan. http://www.counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/

House of Cards

Putin likes the assad regime in syria because he makes money from them. Like I said we issued him a warning yesterday, he backed off today.

Do you see those poor children caught up in the Syrian nonsense? Now isis has their rape slave children willingly being suicide bombers to choose the better option to their current slave rape lifestyle.. suicide.

It might seem imperialistic to those who are too pure to understand that there will always be someone who wants to hurt you. Someone has to protect you. The best you can do is please the most people possible.

Now if you can honestly say that imperialistic view to deal with North Korea before he really hurts someone is bad.. you are just not trying hard enough to understand.

Before you tell me about this evil imperialistic impact on your life, tell me about how you have the freedom to speak of it.. are you on hi tech gadgets? Nice clothes? Food.. money.. opportunity.. it exists almost anywhere and you have it.

I meant to call attention to the ghost writer and his own lack of confidence in the "art of the deal", not whether or not Trump is a sociopath.

I actually find HC sociopathic and Trump psychopathic. But they both support an "America first" politics that I utterly despise.

Lipstick on a pig..

When two billionaires make a deal.. OK put yourself in that mindset. You're a billionaire yourself. If you and I were making a deal.. I can't impress you with a ferrari.. private jet.. women.. drugs - it doesn't matter.. you already have that stuff yourself.

So here we are.. trying to make a deal and we both have everything.. well trump is from new York city.. he's gangster. It's not pretty when you are looking for every extortion advantage possible.

That pig will need lipstick

big government

i really hate that term. it lumps together multiple possible meaning and is as far as i can see most often used to discredit left-wing economic policies.

in discussion i have sometimes been accused of being a supporter of big government despite having anarchist views.

the best govnernment is no government and i don't want any laws regulating people's personal lives.

but capitalism self-destructs every few years/decades due to accumulation of capital and without large-scale redistribution of wealth we go from crisis to crisis. also having a functioning social security system is a prerequisite for having at least a little equality in a capitalistic society.

apparently, you use the term in yet another context. what does "big government" mean in the context of foreign politics?

@poor children, rape, slave - if any country is responsible for their(ISIS+many others) Genesis, it's yours. I don't know what you are trying to say in your post above.

You want us to accept that you(read U.S) will create a monster and we will need you to save the world from it.?

Sorry to break your bubble but that ain't happening (at least on a personal level) just as you think the rest are too pure to understand what you've said, I think you might be too clouded to understand what others feel. Others might not have the "best military" but it doesn't matter. You will see.

I share the same feelings about big government - an ideal big government is supposed to lend a helping hand to others while taking care of itself in the best possible way but what actually happens is, they terrorise the small ones for big enough time period to break them and then "lend a rebuilding assistance" hand & try to stay bigger. Petty stuff actually.

@poor children, rape, slave - if any country is responsible for their(ISIS+many others) Genesis, it's yours. I don't know what you are trying to say in your post above.

You want us to accept that you(read U.S) will create a monster and we will need you to save the world from it.?

Sorry to break your bubble but that ain't happening (at least on a personal level) just as you think the rest are too pure to understand what you've said, I think you might be too clouded to understand what others feel. Others might not have the "best military" but it doesn't matter. You will see.

I share the same feelings about big government - an ideal big government is supposed to lend a helping hand to others while taking care of itself in the best possible way but what actually happens is, they terrorise the small ones for big enough time period to break them and then "lend a rebuilding assistance" hand & try to stay bigger. Petty stuff actually.

Before I can respond I can't help but be concerned with some statements you've made.

Starting with your feeling of rough times ahead of us - including your suggestion to get a bullet proof vest.

Now you're reference to best military, ominous "doesn't matter", and threatening "you will see". Quotes were your words in verbatim.

I will say this perception of mine on your statements was shaped through the input of a friend who works for a government agency. Harboring such hatred most likely leads to.. ? <- let's avoid that

Now my response to you, brother to brother.. I never let hatred consume me in any facet. What a waste of time. You're a nice guy.. I like you. I'm sure not many people don't like you - the trick here is have your opinion without coming off as threatening or hostile. You can have a passionate view - in fact we've seen some excellent examples but to paraphrase the thread on here about nitzho and drawing the line.. don't cross the line. :)

Obviously I don't know much about your country. I know what comes in the international section of the daily that I read. And it's full of shootings (I don't concentrate on the type of the gun, because it doesn't matter to me. Also, I hardly know enough to categorise then or understand them apart from the fact they kill) HENCE , the bulletproof vest comment.

Threats? Really? The way I see it is even a powerful King has to die one day. He may turn the lives of his subjects into a living hell but one day they'll break free. Extrapolate this into the current conversation. That's all I meant. It doesn't matter if you have the big guns. One day you'll run out of the bullets or the ability to pull the triggers & when that day comes, you'll look back at what you could've done so as not to end up here.

By you I don't mean you.

And yes, eventhough many of cousins and friends are residents of your country, it doesn't invoke good feelings in me. In fact I chose not to have the "good" life of a post graduation and working my off in valley so that your government can use that tax money to finance its killings. It's just how I feel. If you have a problem with it, I'm sorry. I agree with you on the animosity thing but I ain't a hippy who will kiss the gun which is about to kill him.

There is no hostility here, there's just anger and may be even resentment (but my English is not good enough for me to be eloquent in expressing)

Good night

Obviously I don't know much about your country. I know what comes in the international section of the daily that I read. And it's full of shootings (I don't concentrate on the type of the gun, because it doesn't matter to me. Also, I hardly know enough to categorise then or understand them apart from the fact they kill) HENCE , the bulletproof vest comment.

Threats? Really? The way I see it is even a powerful King has to die one day. He may turn the lives of his subjects into a living hell but one day they'll break free. Extrapolate this into the current conversation. That's all I meant. It doesn't matter if you have the big guns. One day you'll run out of the bullets or the ability to pull the triggers & when that day comes, you'll look back at what you could've done so as not to end up here.

By you I don't mean you.

And yes, eventhough many of cousins and friends are residents of your country, it doesn't invoke good feelings in me. In fact I chose not to have the "good" life of a post graduation and working my off in valley so that your government can use that tax money to finance its killings. It's just how I feel. If you have a problem with it, I'm sorry. I agree with you on the animosity thing but I ain't a hippy who will kiss the gun which is about to kill him.

There is no hostility here, there's just anger and may be even resentment (but my English is not good enough for me to be eloquent in expressing)

Good night

You are a good soul. We all could learn from you - myself included as I have.

Shootings are sensationalized here. Believe it or not, those shootings means media coverage which means money. We are capitalists but not cold hearted.

I have to say the extreme paranoia of the day we run out of bullets is always in full effect. Department of homeland security spends more on stock piling hollow tip rounds then most countries spend overall.

I can tell you firsthand that day will never happen. I would prefer if everyone prospered with minimal force but we still have more to go.

can tell you firsthand that day will never happen

at a time when the usa was not yet the dominating superpower, a pacifist challanged and "waged war" upon the british empire without firing a single shot and won.

also the usa has lost numerous wars in the last 50-70 years despite haiving unmachted military power. vietnam, iraq, afghanistan, libya, ...

so military power isn't everything. even if one declares himself the winner because he bombed a whole country to the ground and killed one single guy that he labels as his opponent, he will turn to population against him and lose the struggle in the end. if you truly want to win a war, you'll need the people to accept you. you might oppress them for a while, but the harsher you are the quicker and more spectacular will your reign end. just look at how gaddaffi was lynched by his own populace.

Wonderful examples there Padmapani.

I wanted to avoid Vietnam & afghan examples. I don't know why 604 cannot see it, it's almost arrogant. All morals down the gutter during Vietnam. It's shameful what they do. Employ a sick method during a war & a decade later a world convention banning the same while they stockpile the shit out of the same. It's even annoying while you study about it.

And afghan, NEVER been conquered. During the 19th century British wanted to expand the British Indian empire to its natural frontiers. In the north west it was afghan. You should read about about 1st, 2nd, 3rd afghan wars.

You both make great points. I think when you stockpile military power you understand its strength and why there can only be one to do so.

I couldn't agree more there should be further articulated insight and compensation for only having one military nation, but if you truly mean what you say you should be the FIRST TO UNDERSTAND WHY.

Decide and confirm your stance. The choice is forward or backward.

The irony here is I gave you the choice.. much like there can only be one military super power. If you choose forward.. how bad can it really be?

Yes you have a country like USA that runs the show but if relations were good.. just move forward. What if you could live a better life in your country than even the USA after the evolution of the decision to move forward.

Think about it

Putin likes the assad regime in syria because he makes money from them. Like I said we issued him a warning yesterday, he backed off today.

C'mon, seriously? There are three obvious reasons why Vladimir Vladimirovič Putin decided to give political and military support for Assad (or to the transition goverment led by him) - in first case russian startegic military base in Tartus, no-go for Quatar gas pipe-line via Syria to Turkey (one of the reason why turkish pipeline is now actualised again) and last but not least - buffer zone for radical islamists (created and funded by petrodolar states with a blessings from US goverment) towards central asia/caucasus area.

• 1 month later...

Ć-Ć-Ć-AJNAAA!

This wasn't the funniest one. Maybe someone who has talent in track selection can find a winning video?

@pad, and the other guy from India- you two are so jealous I wouldn't doubt it if you master bate to the American flag. You absolutely love it. You also only understand war from a video game perspective, not reality.

Either way no need for anyone to get heated

• 2 months later...

Chinese President Xi Jinping gave a nice speech in Switzerland at the WEF this week. You should check it out.

Unlike the USA, that has been continuously waging numerous wars all over the globe, as far as I know China is mainly trying to grow its economy and cooperate with other countries, instead of bully them. 

The westerners should finally stop sticking their nose to other countries affairs and tell them how to run their country, what is right and what is wrong, or that they should adopt democracy because it is the best system. In many so-called "democratic countries" there is no real democracy anyway. 

I came to China last year for work, and while I can't say I enjoy the lifestyle here, people are friendly, peaceful and seem quite satisfied from the fact that their life has improved dramatically over the last decades.

I hope that China's global influence grows even stronger, we might actually see a better, more peaceful world.

The westerners should finally stop sticking their nose to other countries affairs and tell them how to run their country, what is right and what is wrong, or that they should adopt democracy because it is the best system. In many so-called "democratic countries" there is no real democracy anyway. 

Kitrinos, I agree with most of your post, and having spent time in China and studied the country's recent history, I was impressed with the many years of peace and the optimism with which most people view their government. However, I think that the horrendous human rights abuses need to be highlighted and criticised until they stop. Suppression and torture of followers of alternative religion and culture is wrong, full stop - everyone has a right to say that. That's not telling others how to run a country, it's basic human dignity.

• Like 1

However, I think that the horrendous human rights abuses need to be highlighted and criticised until they stop. Suppression and torture of followers of alternative religion and culture is wrong, full stop - everyone has a right to say that. That's not telling others how to run a country, it's basic human dignity.

I believe the part I quoted from you might be an exaggeration / distorted view that we westerners often have about other countries. Can you give an example on this? Maybe I'm missing something. 

Actually quite often my Han Chinese students have complained that students from minority groups receive favourable treatment at the high school final exams, as they get extra points because they belong to a minority group, giving them an advantage to get admitted to their university of preference. 

Also, I have travelled to the northwestern part, as it is the hometown of my girlfriend. There are many muslims there and they have their mosques. They are free to practice their religion. But there have been a lot of terrorist attacks there from islamic extremists, killing a lot of innocent people, and they need to be suppressed. Otherwise war might erupt. Terrorists are not followers of another religion.

I live in the southeast part I was surprised to see that there are quite a few Christians and churches here as well. Some of my colleagues and students are Christians.