Truly bad goa

Blair Thaumic

Trans-Lucid.

I looked up Flying Reindeer and a couple of other tracks to see if they were really that bad, since I don't remember Trans-Lucid too well (and I generally like artists on High Society.)

...I think we have a winner. :ph34r:

• Like 1

the topic explicitly stated that it's only about oldschool.

besides, the choices (wonderboy, omegahertz) would be too obvious.

I like Omegahertz. I haven't listened to much of his earlier work, but I like most of his recent albums.

simple sequences, weak bassline, bad percussion, and that loooooong cheesy melody based on a panigirtzidiko preset! :D :D :P

one may think that the torture ends at the middle of the track, but then comes the quantization at 7:30... :lol:

now close the damn thread!

• Like 2

I like Omegahertz. I haven't listened to much of his earlier work, but I like most of his recent albums.

try this (don't just skip through it. listen to the whole thing. i dare you ;) ) :

also there was an incredibly bad promo video (styled much like one of those "media shop" tv commercials) for omegahertz (iirc) showcasing some of his worst stuff, but i can't find it anymore.

• Like 1

try this (don't just skip through it. listen to the whole thing. i dare you ;) ) :

also there was an incredibly bad promo video (styled much like one of those "media shop" tv commercials) for omegahertz (iirc) showcasing some of his worst stuff, but i can't find it anymore.

What was the artist thinking when he made this track?

the topic explicitly stated that it's only about oldschool.

besides, the choices (wonderboy, omegahertz) would be too obvious.

Bwa, would be too easy :P

Labels like Cronomi, Spacedock, Neogoa, Suntrip,... never take any negative feedback on their music releases personal. It keep us vital and aware we have to keep on doing our best. Good for the scene, artists, labels, dj's,... to get feedback as oxygen to make the best we can :)

• Like 1

Remove the chanting, the horrifying singing and the ridiculous cheesy melody @ 4:00 and you have a cool track.

What is that preset?

This masaray track sounds old and not especially well produced but I liked it more than most goa tracks which are generally considered "good" ;) These arpeggiated things around 11:00 are real fun.

In greece we have some local festivals aka as panigiria (in greek it is called πανηγύρι), where traditional music is being played. These festivals are taking place mostly in villages of the country, and are part of our customs.

Some tracks are nice to listen to and dance to, if you get into the certain state of mind!

One common characteristic of many tracks is that they use huge amounts of reverb ( :D ) and the synth presets are more than basic.

This is why i called it panigirtzidiko preset :D:lol:

Now get off the screen and dance:

no synth in this, but it is a classic old school track :D:P:lol: , sincerely it is a classic, the main instrument is klarino, and it is a wind instrument.

now, i'll present you the full power of a panigirtzidiko track, get up young sith and kick up some dust (this track is new school, has no class and is totally for sitting,chatting, and trolling :D ):

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey wait a minute... I remember, some time back now, when in the middle of DAT ripping session I found a ludicrous goa track!

(Edit: Nowadays I think there's some good parts in this track but the main melody is still quite trainwreck mastery)