5. Godspeed (145 BPM)

6. Showdown! (145 BPM)

7. Three (147 BPM)

8. Termination Shock (147 BPM)

9. Ultraviolet (142 BPM)

10. The Essence of Energy (90 BPM)

MzZXa0y.gif

Dis guy?

Ohhhhh.....Patrick Dinklage. Got my GOT dander up for nothing. I'm reading the fourth book right now so don't f*ck anything up for me.

The Neogoa team keeps the assembly line humming with their latest free release. C'mon pay up you cheap bastards it's worth it. Quantum Connundrum from the Celestial Transvibrations album was the only thing he's released I believe and that was a pretty damn good track so hopes are high. As I await my order to arrive, I make good use of the provided download that comes with purchase. This is an album of tunes that he's made over the past three years. And like has been said it has a massive sound right out of the gate with the magnificent Pulsar and the 303 wielding Hex and Three. While Galactic Aviator was more bombastic there is more variety in sound to be found here. He doesn't forget the dance parts either as Godspeed had me hopping a bit. Ultraviolet is a very intelligent track that has groove, layers, and bouncy melodies. He ends the show with a mellow come-down track. Overall a very solid album that I am glad I purchased.

P.S. There are a lot of great comments about this album, but man...why not put it in the review thread where more people might see it? And the artist and label would most assuredly appreciate it.

Neogoa Bandcamp

• Like 2

Quoting myself from the release thread:

Fantastic :) Gentle mastering and I just love the playfulness of the melodies and in here. Termination Shock <3

Also there's a nice and subtle tongue-in-cheek touch to the whole atmosphere of the album. I feel that Patrick had loads of fun making this, and the whole album makes me smile :)

• Like 1

I feel that Patrick had loads of fun making this, and the whole album makes me smile :)

Then come to listen to him as live @ Vuosaari the second weekend of August. I'd love to see you there!

Scary Pauli: I have no good reasons whatsoever but still I highly recommend that happening ;) The event is in making but my boyz are being lazy, dammit!

Quantum Connundrum from the Celestial Transvibrations album was the only thing he's released I believe

He's had tracks on a few different compilations. I'm kinda partial to the last one. ;)

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Planet-Discovery/master/889006

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Translinguistic-Perceptions/release/6757050

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Island-Of-Misfit-Grooves/release/8298231

• Like 2

Thanks for the review!

Energy will pop-up sometime soon in shortened format for download in WAV/FLAC for all people who are not interested to have it on limited physical format. However, it's available on YouTube for stream in full-lenght:

• 1 month later...

Veasna from Neogoa Records LIVE @ Retroactive feedback loop open air UG in Helsinki 13.8.16

It was a real treat and dance flood filled quickly as Veasna started playing :)

ypYBIKw.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pretty good album, I was pleasantly surprised. So far, Godspeed & Rubix stand out for me but there aren't any bad tracks. I only don't like Three, after a few listens that repetitive melody gets on my nerves :D

Edited by Kitrinos
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

As is customary for me, I pay attention to the closing tracks. I enjoyed the entire album, but what's very important to me is a downtempo finisher to bring all the energy levels back to stable region. I love the eery melody finisher on this album a lot! It's 2018, but w/e, you owe yourselves to give this one a listen if you haven't already!

• 5 years later...

Wow, this debut of Veasna is bulls eye. It's serious goa with a twist. The pace is in mid tempo, according to goa standards.
This storytelling, the unexpected twists and the hypnotic nature of this beast of an album make this a bomb.
I'll be forever sorry I didn't get the cd.

Wonderful album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 11:10 PM, Aspartic said:

I'm holding it 🙃

Unfortunately, I have only Spectral Flux CDs left (quite few of them actually). I will ask Richpa if he managed to save few copies and let him contact you if he did.

Stay tuned.