Worst/out of place album in a respected label

thanosp81

As the title suggests, can you think of an album that is really bad or even out of place, but it was actually released by a quality label? As an oldschooler two come into my mind.

First: Brainman - Brain Food. The 6th release of legendary TIP records and...what the hell is that? Who is that guy and what is he doing in TIP? 0/5

Another one, not bad, but seriously out of place is Total Eclipse - Access Denied. Jazzy drum and bass? by Total Eclipse? In Blue Room? WTF???

So? What albums do you think are out of place?

• Like 1

Hydraglyph-Euphonics by Timecode. Which is surprising cause up until this album Hydraglyph had only awesome tracks.

Junxpunx-Reminder by Osom. Sounds pretty amateuristic. Not on par with the rest of the label.

As for Goa I can't think of something.

Another one, not bad, but seriously out of place is Total Eclipse - Access Denied. Jazzy drum and bass? by Total Eclipse? In Blue Room? WTF???

I'm not that surprised that it's on Blue Room, in fact I'd have been surprised to see it on any other label. Blue Room didn't exactly stick to conventions in the first place, especially at the end of the '90s. Access Denied fits right in there with releases like Alien - The Pleasure Of Leisure, Montauk P - Def=Lim, Sunkings - Soul Sleeping, Metal Spark - Corrosive, Spectral - Diffuse and VA - Freekstyle.

I knew what this thread was going to start with before I opened it. :P Personally, I love the Brainman album... it's like a cross between The Infinity Project (the slightly new age/cosmic sound) and balls to the walls madness akin to the faster Suomisaundi. Very ahead of its time for 1996, but it would have fit in nicely on Exogenic, Freakdance, or Antiscarp in the early 2000s.

Interesting topic.

Blue Room released quite a variety of eclectic stuff after 1998, and ironically I like that period more than the early years for the variety, not for track by track quality comparison. Same reasoning goes for Matsuri.

Agreed with Brainman on TIP and most seem to agree on that from what I've read during the years :mellow: But we all make mistakes, don't we?

Flying Rhino also put some stinkers but at least was after the true Goa period was long over.

Am sure will come up with some proper examples.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As the title suggests, can you think of an album that is really bad or even out of place, but it was actually released by a quality label? As an oldschooler two come into my mind.

First: Brainman - Brain Food. The 6th release of legendary TIP records and...what the hell is that? Who is that guy and what is he doing in TIP? 0/5

So? What albums do you think are out of place?

fuck yea that brainman its so shitttt LOOOOOOOOOOOL dunno about the rest but i aint checkin them but look i know some jazzy good acid shit

try it if you want i liked it