Battle of the Future Buddhas

acid-brain

Haven't seen these guys posted recently and they deserve all the love that they can get. For me after all these years I think BotFB just "gets it" the most. Powerful waves of psychedelic madness, visual snow and twisted melodies that send your brain to another planet. I'm still tripping on this stuff in 2016 because hardly anybody else has ever made music so challenging. I love the harsh and muddy production.

manuser said back in 2005: "at 1st listen i was amazed and shocked by this evil music, dark and melodic at the same time, weird and twisted as possible. If some melodies sound wrong it's perfectly normal and intentional... too bad the production is bad, it makes ur ears suffer. Battle of the future Buddhas is one of those artists who you immediatly recognize their sound, and this is one of the most psychedelic trance ever made!... Psychedelic... Weird... Enthusiastic... Unpredictable"

• Like 3

First, long time. What was your vote? :P yay or nay

@ topic - been listening to Schlaab yellow comp for the last few days and it's f'in awesome

Nice to see you again man!

It was nay, alas :(

I haven't heard that one, I'll see if I can get hold of it and give it a spin.

• Like 1

I met this band (digitally) the first time in my life last Sunday when DJ Twinpa played BOTFB-Ka-Sol b-b set in diceradio and I was like WOW! Usually Twinpa puts his sets in Mixcloud but not there yet. I asked for it.

• Like 1

I had 2 of their albums on Bandcamp Anu. Urban Legends and Digging Mud.

Didn't know the band on Saturday so I skipped :(

Everyone: fresh from the oven, soooooo good! https://www.mixcloud.com/twinpa/ka-sol-vs-battle-of-the-future-buddhas/

@ormion - "everything" felt like an extension of urban legends to me. Could hear a few similar sounds.

It's pretty close, but even better IMO. No filler tracks in it.

• Like 2

Well... I had the pleasure of listening to David (1/4 of the original crew) as BoTFB on January and indeed it was totally awesome. Best event for 2016 so far for me.... totally engaging and intellingent yet quirky and fun!

So thumbs up for BoTFB from me!

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen these guys posted recently and they deserve all the love that they can get. For me after all these years I think BotFB just "gets it" the most. Powerful waves of psychedelic madness, visual snow and twisted melodies that send your brain to another planet. I'm still tripping on this stuff in 2016 because hardly anybody else has ever made music so challenging. I love the harsh and muddy production.

manuser said back in 2005: "at 1st listen i was amazed and shocked by this evil music, dark and melodic at the same time, weird and twisted as possible. If some melodies sound wrong it's perfectly normal and intentional... too bad the production is bad, it makes ur ears suffer. Battle of the future Buddhas is one of those artists who you immediatly recognize their sound, and this is one of the most psychedelic trance ever made!... Psychedelic... Weird... Enthusiastic... Unpredictable"

pff nothing to add. its reallly old skool im gonna listen to this shit again mate

• Like 2

To anyone who has not already read them, I would like to refer you to the user reviews of BotFB's latest album.

This guy is still making music as edgy, unusual and as challenging as his oldschool goa.

true i think he's still around i think maybe he would come back if people would give more encouragment , mr fantastic is really awesome song , so many good memories listening to it on cassette :))))

It's pretty close, but even better IMO. No filler tracks in it.

thats how i like it

fokin ryte mate

• Like 1

true i think he's still around i think maybe he would come back if people would give more encouragment , mr fantastic is really awesome song , so many good memories listening to it on cassette :))))

He is. He released a new Schlabbaduerst a few months ago and He released "Everything" sometime in 2015. He is very active on their facebook page, though.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...