Computer help corner

Anu Katariina

Good Finnish engineering at the core.

Yep, I might try Linux some day if I don't have anything essential going on in order to cope with any possible problem. The truth is, I don't trust "computers" and I do just what is necessary, no desire of "experimenting". But I get the thing, I mean: many of the pros are using it. Good for them :)

I installed Chrome but I didn't import the passwords. It did import bookmarks and browsing history. But since I have 5 e-mail accounts, facebook, Bandcamp, Beatport, Twitter, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, webshops and whatnot I guess I will go on with Firefox..

Installed Panda, removed Bullguard. The computer is faster now: awesome! But what I was fooled with was that I first installed the free version and afterwards it said "you need to activate your account" so I activated it and noticed that it was the upgraded version with a 30 days free trial. Well, no commercial company does charity and this is the way they get customers caught in a relationship with them ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Need some quick help.

I have this 70 page pdf with annoying "this page is personalised by ... " crap in the background tilted diagonally on every fucking page. Its very annoying. Any quick ways to remove it.?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Need some quick help.

I have this 70 page pdf with annoying "this page is personalised by ... " crap in the background tilted diagonally on every fucking page. Its very annoying. Any quick ways to remove it.?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Depends what kind of watermark this is.

Think about a PDF like being a picture of the printed page.

If the watermark is a second picture that is overplayed on the page picture, you can try to search for a tool to remove pdf watermark (there are plenty of it according to google, but I have never use any of it so far).

If the watermark is painted directly into the page picture, there is no way to remove it (unless you have a LOT of time to remove it pixel-by-pixel)

Depends what kind of watermark this is.

Think about a PDF like being a picture of the printed page.

If the watermark is a second picture that is overplayed on the page picture, you can try to search for a tool to remove pdf watermark (there are plenty of it according to google, but I have never use any of it so far).

If the watermark is painted directly into the page picture, there is no way to remove it (unless you have a LOT of time to remove it pixel-by-pixel)

Thanks , I looked for those in the morning, task turned out to be quite irritating. Ignored and moved on :/

My work laptop is a hybrid where the keyboard flips round so it's like a really thick cumbersome tablet. Unfortunately the keys don't lock when it flips in to a tablet. Does anybody know how to fix this kind of problem?

• 1 month later...

Ok, let's make this "technical" help corner.

I have had a "new" used Pioneer CDJ-200 for a while now. What pisses me off is that it plays only one track at a time. One DJ told me to press "cue" to play the whole CD, but with cue pressed it still plays only one track :(

2kkYLHg.jpg

Psynews wasn't for any help on the above, was it? Today I was vacuum-cleaning the device and the problem got solved. The conclusion: Pioneers need some sucking ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know there are quite a few geeks over here.

I need to learn C++ by Monday, any good websites, video links or anything & no I haven't had the chance to learn any OOPS before.

Thanks in Advance

So, you lied on a job interview? That was the reason for your thread about lies earlier?  ;):P

On topic - sorry, can't really help there. I'm pretty fluent in SQL, VBA and ...8-bit Atari assembly, but never needed to learn C.

I think if you have experience with any other high-level language you should be able to get the synthax quickly, but then spend some time on the intricacies of specific implementation.

What will you be using it for?

Na, this is for a better company and position :) the earlier job I mentioned is ok as well but this one is for Cisco and it offers a lot of opportunites.

Ya I know SQL too, basically I'm a Data Warehousing guy but now venturing out into different domains after the break.

C++ is for work on STB's(set top boxes) not exactly sure of JD but just know there's an opening and an entrance test on Monday.