Albums you dislike, but the reviews say otherwise

Neogoa

Neogoa has been very well promoted by Felipe in UK.

Luis is cool dude, no matter is he in UK or Spain or on Mars.

Ouch! :D

Absolutely. Eagerly waiting for his 2nd album. And still disappointed that Neogoa Rec chose other albums over it for physical releases. :/

• Like 1

Oh come on King! Aren't they both right up your alley! groovy ultra psychedelic stuff

Yeah, I've tried multiple times with that one Procs album everyone gushes over. Still not doing it for me.

Saw Psykovsky live and listened to some of his stuff, I totally appreciate why people like him, just not my style.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've tried multiple times with that one Procs album everyone gushes over. Still not doing it for me.

Saw Psykovsky live and listened to some of his stuff, I totally appreciate why people like him, just not my style.

Vasily has outdone himself in his latest album. CD2 is just wow.

try this playful madness:

It might be a 100000 bpm track but soo so happy, innocent, playing with a cute puppy kinda feeling all over. :)

• Like 2

Perfect stranger live is a cheese fest of continuous build-ups into more build-ups that resolve into fuck all. Bloody annoying.

You messing up Perfect Stranger with Neelix?

• Like 1

Most Filteria; it has no space, just a constant barrage.

Mindsphere - Patience for Heaven. Somehow it has all the right elements but fails to combine them into something interesting.

• Like 4

Vibrasphere's downtempo tracks

While their uptempo stuff is immaculate, all their downtempo tracks are like slightly different versions of Manzanilla - same sounds, same structure and arrangement, same syrupy guitar melody...

• Like 2

He has a Spanish name but his Soundcloud profile says he lives in London.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/306157-Burial

That's correct, I'm Spanish and I live in London. Well, not exactly in London, but close enough. I wouldn't say I fit in with the UK sound at all? Influenced yes though, I can't get enough of Dick Trevor's or Hallucinogen 303 acid lines.

• Like 2

You messing up Perfect Stranger with Neelix?

I wish I were. Last time I saw him was at the first SUN Festival. It drove me to dispair. He played a full on cheese fest the night before also, under a different name (BLT I think?), that took the will to live away from me. Cringe tsunami.

I fucking hate buildups. But I hate even more buildups that go nowhere.

• Like 4

I actually love both, AP - Mahadeva and Hallucinogen - LSD, but Mahadeva will always have a place in my heart, because for me it is the definite sound of Israel! Every note just gives me flashbacks and makes me smile.

Here some albums, that I don't like.

Lunar Dawn - Kolovrat

For me it doesn't sound enjoyable.

Etnica - Live in Athens

Feels like something in all the songs.

Goasia - Amphibians of the Spacedock

Sounds very generic, (for me) it is a weird nitzho-ish Goa sound.

Morphic Resonance - The city of moons

The songs are actually okay to good, but the production kills everything.

• Like 1

OMG thank you! I thought I was the only one! The only track I think deserves the hype is Maia and its the only one I bother to listen to :)

What about Alcyone?! One of the greatest psytrance tracks eva!

But also agree that the overall album isn't that great. I had it sold it because it was not that special :/

Everything AP has ever done. I used to think a couple of their tracks were okay but they got old fast and sound very cheesy and dated now to me. *hides

IMO way too much "newschool" goa is sort of similar to them too.

Now, I feel the same way...
  • Like 1

Solar Fields

He has a lot of annoying tracks and really all his albums sound samey, no width, no scope...I really don't understand the high ratings, but as it's Ultimae...cant be any different.

Fully agree. I just don't get it

• Like 1