Albums you dislike, but the reviews say otherwise

Neogoa

OMG thank you! I thought I was the only one! The only track I think deserves the hype is Maia and its the only one I bother to listen to :)

What about Alcyone?! One of the greatest psytrance tracks eva!

But also agree that the overall album isn't that great. I had it sold it because it was not that special :/

I guess, both of you misspelled Electra.

• Like 1

Pleiadians - I.F.O. (surprised, anyone?) :lol:

Not at all, it took me a while to get into it and fully appreciate it, basically what helped was stomping away

on a moon lit winter night under the starry skies alone in the middle of nowhere :D!

same for the infinity project,

Eh, even their Mystical Experiences album or at least songs like Telepathy, Hyperspaced :o ?!

For me - Hallucinogen and Shpongle, for me Shpongle is just ambient of some sort, so dont get the hype, Hallucinogen on the other hand is supposed to be one of the defining odlschool psytrance artists, but not my cup of tea and dot get Twisted at all.

I know Charlie would verbally rape me for such blasphemy, a sacrilege, if you might, but I just dont like it.

Astral Projection - Goa Classics Remixed. I don't get what's the big deal with this album. It's just a copy paste collection of classics just made on AP's studio. There is no mix, remix or any kind of input by AP.

yee i said same

Morphic Resonance - The City Of Moons

Just can't stand that production 'quaility' but everyone going crazy about it...

i wrote that

Eh, even their Mystical Experiences album or at least songs like Telepathy, Hyperspaced :o ?!

For me - Hallucinogen and Shpongle, for me Shpongle is just ambient of some sort, so dont get the hype, Hallucinogen on the other hand is supposed to be one of the defining odlschool psytrance artists, but not my cup of tea and dot get Twisted at all.

I know Charlie would verbally rape me for such blasphemy, a sacrilege, if you might, but I just dont like it.

i like stimuli, noises from the darkness and feeling weird. but apart from those tracks it's all below average music imho.

i agree about sphongle (though not at all for hallucinogen). it's just ambient to me. the thing about shpongle (which sets it apart from other ambient; some people with cherish shpongle because it was their introduction to psy) is that it's also accessible to people who are not into electronic music. but as i already love goa/psytrance that's not something positive and having a whole band and instruments is not a plus for me either. besides, the latin influences in way too many tracks are hugely annoying.

• Like 2

i never understood the fascination with "RA - 9th". The intro is great and the track following, but I just don't feel the rest of it, perhaps I need to listen to it again. Earlier work of RA is much more enjoyable.

Then there's "Cybernetika - The scythe of Orion" that received praise, again, I don't feel that album at all.

• Like 2

Earlier work of RA is much more enjoyable.

OF COURSE!! but man look thats cuz they changed gear equipment and shit believe me that changes the whole thing and becomes fuckup... thats why i dont want old bands coming with new shit ... i know colorbox sent me a fokin demo years ago done with software... WAS SHIT! nothing like their album done back in da days fuckin real thing you know?

so thats just me ... new RA? pfff waste.

• Like 1

Then there's "Cybernetika - The scythe of Orion" that received praise, again, I don't feel that album at all.

Don't get me wrong, but after I noticed your avatar I think I get why you don't feel Cybernetika. I know it comes to matter of taste in the end, but speaking from the point of view of someone who was into darkpsy music for a while, TSotO was much needed fresh breeze of air in terms of quality production, smart storytelling and interesting details intertwined through haunting sci-fi atmosphere of dark psychedelic trance with lenghty arrangements, without being annoying but yet delivering enough of melodica to make it unique at some point, when it comes to Cybernetika, there is no much artists that you can put in the same basket in terms of style, visuals, diversity. I guess that was the main reason why it recieved so much praise from wide spectrum of psytrance and Goa trance folks, plus it was released for free download.

-R

• Like 2