Albums you dislike, but the reviews say otherwise

Neogoa

Inspired by this topic: Albums you like, but the reviews say otherwise

Let's see which albums you don't like or find that good, but majority of people like them.

My first pick would be Ajja - Tulpa. It's superhyped album and probably I'm not the only one who doesn't like it at all. It's not really matter of taste, I find that kind of music enjoyable, but I can't connect with that album at all.

• Like 1

Any Shpongle album

X-Dream-Radio

Juno Reactor-Beyond The Infinite & Shango

Most E-Mantra albums

There are dozens more, but they belong to subgenres I dislike so they don't matter.

• Like 1

total eclipse - all of them

regarded as classics, but really i don't see anything special. they have a handful decent tracks and that's it.

same for the infinity project, prana and asia2001 really*.

*i'm not going to say infected, because we've had that topic often enough ; )

• Like 1

Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

I feel like vomiting when trying to relisten this. :wacko:

Especially if I hear Mahadeva 95 somewhere on a party, I just go outside and wait for it to pass. I think that that is THE most overrated track ever made. When you mention goa to a psytrancer here in Serbia there all like "Yeah yeah mahadeva kabala kickass broo!"

• Like 2

i sense we are going to disagree in the astral projection thread. :)

trust in trance? do you like any ap at all?

I like Another World :)

• Like 1

interesting. the only album of theirs that imho has a different sound than the others is amen. other than that i find the albums rather interchangable (except for a slight concentration of the better tracks in trust in trance and dancing galaxy).

• Like 1

Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

I feel like vomiting when trying to relisten this. :wacko:

Especially if I hear Mahadeva 95 somewhere on a party, I just go outside and wait for it to pass. I think that that is THE most overrated track ever made. When you mention goa to a psytrancer here in Serbia there all like "Yeah yeah mahadeva kabala kickass broo!"

Agreed.

There are two camps in the Goa/Psy Trance realm: Those who think Astral Projection (specifically Mahadeva) is the pinnacle of classic Goa Trance beginnings and those who think Hallucinogen (LSD / Twisted) is the classic root of all things Goa.

• Like 2

Any Infected Mushroom album. I never understood all the hype with their stuff.

• Like 1

I like Another World, but I find their other albums bad.

• Like 1

Everything from E-Mantra!

Many say his style has "it" - well it does, but "it" must be something I don't like at all. No matter what track I listen to, I can't like it. I believe it's his harsh, high lead synths. I see how it has its unique character and why people like it, but I don't. :ph34r:

Off the top of my head, Toi Doi's Technologic comes to mind. It doesn't do anything for me even though it seems to be acclaimed. However, Psyring Test is a classic to me (and I'm not into dark stuff too much at all). Still struggling to try his latest album. :D

• Like 1

Pleiadians - I.F.O. (surprised, anyone?) :lol:

OMG thank you! I thought I was the only one! The only track I think deserves the hype is Maia and its the only one I bother to listen to :)

• Like 1

Asura - Radio Universe.

10..9...8 at the very begining puts me off and I go into the album having that "I don't like this" mindset.

That's a shame, I think this is his best album to date. Especially the second half of the album is some of the nicest cinematic music I've heard.

I half agree with IFO, I never disliked it but never understood the hype. FoL was much better. However, the live version is really good :)

I'm also not a fan of Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranged, after the first track I can't remember anything else on it.

Astral Projection - Goa Classics Remixed. I don't get what's the big deal with this album. It's just a copy paste collection of classics just made on AP's studio. There is no mix, remix or any kind of input by AP.

• Like 1

VA - Tribal Encore

Filteria - Sky Input

Khetzal - Corolle

Artifact303 - Back To Space

Pigs In Space - Pigs In Space

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation (I like the downtempo CD though)

VA - The World Beyond

And generally I don't really enjoy most of Pleiadians and Astral Projection tracks.

• Like 1

Everything from E-Mantra!

Many say his style has "it" - well it does, but "it" must be something I don't like at all. No matter what track I listen to, I can't like it. I believe it's his harsh, high lead synths. I see how it has its unique character and why people like it, but I don't. :ph34r:

I really think that E-Mantra is ridiculous talented, but he wastes his talent in half-assed efforts. Maybe because he produces so many albums?

For example his downtempo tracks are almost copy/paste. No offence to Emmanuel is he's reading that.

That's a shame, I think this is his best album to date. Especially the second half of the album is some of the nicest cinematic music I've heard.

I half agree with IFO, I never disliked it but never understood the hype. FoL was much better. However, the live version is really good :)

I'm also not a fan of Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranged, after the first track I can't remember anything else on it.

Totally agree about Asura. His second half as you said is breathtaking.

About Hallucinogen...well I don't dislike his albums and this is why I didn't mention them, but I don't like them either.

Twisted has two great tracks (LSD, Fluoro) the rest are pretty meh. The Lone Deranger has these annoying celtic melodies, but at least it has Snakey Shaker which is amazing.

Anything by Alien Project, Safi Connection, Atomic Pulse and Astrix. The very music that made parties very very annoying back in 2002-2005

• Like 2