Albums you like, but the reviews say otherwise

SixZeroFou4

Organic noise.. I know it's not what you would expect from half x-dream and planet pen, but vacuum tube in my opinion is so great to listen to but I can't find anyone who agrees.

Also noosphere.. it's just good music.

Which albums do you like but you read the reviews and think.. wait what

I love when Trance2MoveU reviews fullon. When I see gifs with pissing horses and rainbow-coloured vomit and definitions like "fluffy, cheesy, crappy" in his reviews I know that I must check out the album asap because I'll most probably like it.

Same here :D

I usually rely heavily on reviews and grades on discogs. I shouldnt because a negative review doesnt mean that I wont like something, but thats how I roll.

But take Children's reviews for an example. That guy gave one of the best psy-trance albums grades like 3/10, 5/10... Like why the hell was that dude even listening to psy-trance if he didnt even like it??!?! Anyway yeah, Im always like "what the hell" at his reviews

Hey ormion, I really find it interesting as reading some of your posts earlier on in the year motivated me to make an account on this forum and in particular it was about the SA twilight sound thread, can't exactly remember.

Anyway, I for one am a hater of that SA twilight style but I think an album that lots of my friends didn't really like but I liked was this one EP called Mary Still by Hidden Soul on ektoplazm. Two really great tracks on there.

Everything by Timecode records from 2003 to 2008 is golden. Although SA tends to be more aggressive than Deliriant.

I know you like melodic, more trancey stuff so I will recommend Brethren and Tickets.

• Like 1

VA - Psy-Harmonics 3: Hacking The Reality Myth

VA - 3D

Every VA - Tip Singles

Infected Mushroom's The Legend Of The Black Shawarma

Actually, Project 100 and Franks are probably one of the best written and arranged tracks by IM in years. It got everything, interesting storytelling, exciting guitar riffs, crystal clear production and enough of playfullness. I know Duvdevina can be annoying but on this album I don't have problems with that, oh and as bonus, there is no dubstep, which is cool.
  • Like 1

Planet B.E.N - 'Silver'

Montauk P - 'Def=Lim'

Organic Noise - 'Vacuum Tube'

I Simply :wub: those albums.

And let me join the South african tribe lovers !

Seen rinkadink and artifakt back at the start of 2002, back than it was

incredible to see the energies this style of music made on a crowd expecting fullon style of sesto sento and the likes.

No offence but i dont realy like reading T2MU reviews, i like reviews by Deathposture and Kaz(Isratrance).

And i hate gifs.

• Like 2

I also love Planet B.E.N - Silver,

Most minimal albums got bad reviews back then but some were wonderful and I still love Silver to this day :)

• Like 1

Passenger - For All Man Kind seems to get its share of mixed reviews, but I actually don't have anything bad to say about it. OK, so it's not Project Genesis, but still on the better side of the 1999 pond.