Rap music

Anu Katariina

In rap music the wording is important but so is also the beat and all the other musical elements. Would be interesting to hear "local" rap recommendations with a language rather non-english. I prob won't understand the words but if the wording is built well in the beat it becomes part of the music and that's the point.

Ladies and gentlemen, here some good Finnish rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xKty-irUk

I love finish hip hop

Check out Notkea Rotta if you haven't already

Jus Anime also has some good stuff =)

I know Notkea Rotta ofc :)

I didn't find any Jus Anime..

Relaxing and flowy, some good mood music, really. Interesting video :)

Hiphop that I like needs to be dirty, deep and dirty like these walls full of graffiti in a dimly lit downtown alley where the dealers lean on the side...

The relaxing, weed-friendly stuff never was what I liked.

In Austria we have this kind of hiphop subgenre called "slangsta" which I do like ... but the problem for me is that there are not that many artists who really get me going.

"Rückgrat" was awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8PZs_VQasE

but there is not much around anymore of this good dirty old shit

I don't like the kindergarden lyrics of normal hiphop, lyrics about ho's and bitches and all that, I want lyrics that call people names and bring out the scum of mankind, in-your-face style.

But even the "slangsta's" of old are nowadays quite weak...

this song is a light in the tunnel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHTquW8EFA8

anyway ... if you want more, just ask, there is stuff, just hard to find.

Hiphop stuff what I also like is The Streets. The older stuff from them is actually carrying the same dirty atmosphere as the good old Austrians...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MpiyqpAu-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buG9fXAM0II

TIGHT is the word I was looking for. So fucking tightly packed with rhymes and little stuff to discover. Loaded to the brim with dynamite. HipHop is extreme sports for me...

• 2 weeks later...

@RTP: To disappoint you I don't like the beat of these samples. Reminds too much of gangsta rap, that I am not a fan of. I like faster beats generally.

Hiphop that I like needs to be dirty, deep and dirty like these walls full of graffiti in a dimly lit downtown alley where the dealers lean on the side...

The relaxing, weed-friendly stuff never was what I liked.

This I agree with. That's why I love Julma Henri that I posted. It is just "in your face" type of stuff. The sample I posted is only just in the limits of BPM's I can tolerate in this genre, so this is better

Hiphop stuff what I also like is The Streets. The older stuff from them is actually carrying the same dirty atmosphere as the good old Austrians...

TIGHT is the word I was looking for. So fucking tightly packed with rhymes and little stuff to discover. Loaded to the brim with dynamite. HipHop is extreme sports for me...

Thumbs up for Brummie rap!

Grime music is very popular amongst my friends in South East London at the moment:

It is English, but is full of South London colloquialisms and culture. I strongly suspect that Anu won't like it :P

I strongly suspect that Anu won't like it :P

Hehheee, better side of gangsta, not liking but it is listenable in a way that if a radio station would play this I'd not switch the channel. @ Acid-brain you will soon be happy mushroom, keep on posting: I just had 500 posts and a status update for this rainy Friday afternoon, lolz :D

Hehheee, better side of gangsta, not liking but it is listenable in a way that if a radio station would play this I'd not switch the channel. @ Acid-brain you will soon be happy mushroom, keep on posting: I just had 500 posts and a status update for this rainy Friday afternoon, lolz :D

Haha, I first joined this forum in 2008 when there was more activity and lurked for years. There's not much activity these days but people here are so open-minded and awesome, plus obviously I love goa, so I've become fairly addicted to posting here this past week. I definitely am a happy mushroom.

I was surprised to learn you had been into this music for just 1 1/2 years, but you have already done a lot more for the goa scene than I have :D

• Like 1

I was surprised to learn you had been into this music for just 1 1/2 years, but you have already done a lot more for the goa scene than I have :D

Ehehhee, you made my day: what have I done? And 18 months isn't right: next Wednesday it will be 16 months so 1 year and 1/3rd. I was a fb friend of Richpa before that and sometimes I liked his goa posts just for the sake "support the friend's work" but then it came the day The World Beyond was published and everyone knows my story after that, haha. Left Children Of Bodom fan group; switched to goa trance, joined psynews a month after I found goa, after the summer established my Goa Trance Lovers Finland fb community and had my first party in Nov 2015 with 3 foreign goa acts; now organizing my second party in August and priviledged to get Veasna there :-) Still feel I am walking baby steps. Especially tech talk is hard. Learning.. @ acid-brain: glad your here after some silent times :)

• 1 month later...

I don't enjoy most of the hiphop/rap, whether it is American or not. However, this track I always enjoy for the part between 2:30 and 2:40, I always laugh when I listen to it even though I've heard it hundreds of times

"Στο γνωστό παρκάκι με ένα ταλιράκι.... και θα πίνω πίνώ πίνω και ποτέ δεν θα το δίνω..."

Translastion: ... at my usual park with 5.000 drachmas... and I'll smoke smoke smoke, but I'll never share..."

• 2 years later...

A real diamond in the rough is A.Geh Wirklich - B-Romi Party:

Eichare Gschichtn san verbraucht und ausg'lutscht
Es hobt's glaubt dos Eich do kana draufkummt
Den Waunsinn glaubt ma kana
Bevur mi do wer anspuckt
Moch i a Foto und stö's auf Facebook

translates in:

Your stories are used up and dull
You thought that nobody would notice
Nobody's gonna believe this craziness
Before anybody's gonna spit on me
I'll take a photo and upload it on facebook

(afterwards it's repeated with "video" and "youtube" in the last line)

It's a song about the local Hi-Society culture, you'll probably understand nothing, not even if you speak german ... but that's the language they speak in Vienna...

lol

awesome ... please have some oldskool in-your-face mongolian slangstargh after this:

(I understand as little as you (probably, if you're not Mongolian) -- and that's what makes it awesome in a way imo)

• 1 month later...

I came across a word that reminded me of Cunninlynguists today. I used to love their work but haven't followed up since Goa trance infected me. 

Turns out they have a side project called 'The Off Daze' super funky hip hop with great electronic production and pretty wicked lyricism. 

https://cunninlynguists.bandcamp.com/album/couples-skate

• 5 months later...

Swedish hip hop at its finest. Although this specific track was done in English and produced by a guy from Poland iirc. Mix and Master is absolutely flawless.

sadly the rap itself is not one of his better.

Another superb one, Swedish production too, his rap here is about 100x better. If I had to chose, this one wins, easily. 

I prefer Organismen. His ryhmes are better than Promoe, imo.

But Kjell Kriminell, Promoes other name,  and Timbuk where good also. Here in Sedlighetsroteln. Both videos in swedish. Classic stuff. =)

Then there is this fantastic song by the old gang. Rakim, KRS One and DJ Premier.

Some newer stuff that I like, =))

Norrlands finest.

^ bra skit mannen

men colgate white och long distance runner, seriöst dom beatsen .....

other than that, great stuff <3 sedlighetsroteln and organism 12 was party music for the longest of times. (at parties where trance music was considered "gay" :/ )

and timbuktu was god in 99-04 as far as swedish hip hop.... 

hey, remember fronda and ebola  - efterblivna knarkare? legend-ARY

(not that the rap skills are that great, still made legendary status in most of underground sweden)

for the non swedes, it raps about doing massive amounts of drugs, getting severe brain damage, and doing voilent crimes. (it is satire)

(deja vu, did i post this before somewhere on here in the past)