Boom / Suntrip documentary - The resurgence of Goa Trance

Funny to see how everyone wants to eat a part of the pie. Where is the unity? Labels being happy about this? This is a glory moment for goa, and of course some labels will start to whine and complain they dont get the recognition they want.

The solution is simple, make sure to have videos, gigs and documentaries like this yourself. Problem solved.

One thing is sure. This kind of lame replies will never help goa-trance in general and creates more and more polarisation. Sad.

As for the Croatia discussion, maybe I am mistaken but Goasia is Serbian, no? So why would M-Run ever be mentioned in a video about Suntrip? There is no reason at all.

1) Simple, cause the video title says "resurgence of goa", (look at 0:08 for movie title) and if it is the case one conciders himself as a ambassador of the scene - as we all are in our unique way - you (better) talk in general terms. Promote the whole as it manifest as a broad movement: cause in the end every one is replacable: dj's artists, labels,... Plus I think the scene is rather small, so we should articulate us much more in that way we show unity and we all are in it togheter.

2) Plus, in the video it is about THE BALKAN REGION (check 3:07) that is full of new artists, not Serbia alone. The Balkan region is pretty diverse: Greece, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia and Montenegro. That means more variety of artists could have been be mentioned, instead mainly artists of one label. This way it may seem only one label is the driving force of the goa scene today, which is just not true ;) It is all about perception.

3) Like you said - and I agree: this is way broader than the labels and the resurgence has nothing to do with self promo or personal succes ;)

4) Also: Resurgence is a wrong term I guess. Goa never died. Look at the discogs data base. There were tons of (free) Goa releases between 2000 and 2004... :) ... and it isn't true Goa ever died out and needed a resurgence; it was actually much more active than we think. I once made a post about it: there were so many Goa releases and (small) parties in that period - I can look up the list if you want.

There just appeard new labels that sold CDs and the old labels released diffrent stuff or went defunct... (and do we really need labels to make Goa alive? haha! :P )

And before some people interpretates this as a "anti" post, just because you don't agree, the reason why the post is made cause I think it is vital that the correct info is spread. :excl: The Goa scene is a very complex and socialy holistic manifestation: we all work very hard to save the music we all love so much, and that's the most vital and key point here. And in this context a healthy discussion is needed: otherwise it shall have no stable fundation on wich next generations can build upon.

We are doing a natural thing of life here, namely making a discussion, so oposing things being stated, not making psychological warfare ;)

...for example: look at all the negative comments on releases in the review section. We should be happy about that too. It means this scene is a live and that we can (and must) dare to contradict eachother. What a dull world it would be if we couldn't?!

kissies :wub:

• Like 1

1) Simple, cause the video title says "resurgence of goa",

No, the title says

"The Resurgence of Goa Trance with Dj Anoebis and Suntrip Records"

And thus, all assumptions said afterwards are not right as your basis sentence is manipulated. You do like politicians or muslim terrorists... take a sentence without taking the whole... Which changes the meaning or the idea and then build on that patrly sentence an ideology.

This documentary was about Suntrip Records, and the resurgence of Goa Trance we influenced. This is exactly what Boom Festival asked us and that is exactly what it is. And that is the reason why only our album artists are mentioned. Which is a logical think if they make a docu about us.

Of course everyone wants their artists to be mentioned... Well do it, ask Boom to make a docu about your label. Problems solved and really... End of dicussion.

Ah yes, one last thing:

On Boom there will be a discussion in the big hall about the future of labels and how to start a psy-trance label (14th of august 18h) with following guys:

- Flying Rhino
- Suntrip
- Iono
- Iboga
- Yggdrasil

There a lot more can be said and more info can be given... people will listen at least. If you want to promote or ask questions? Be there

You still didn't convince me (the toughts are free) :) Why? Cause you talk in very general words about the neo goa scene in the movie (also like the text of the female voice comment).

And the movie is about many topics: old goa (and how it still can be played today), change in the scene and later the so called revival of goa, and to end BOOM festival itself.

So that is why I don't believe this a 'docu' about one label alone.

...and yes I agree: if the docu is about one label, you don't mention others. Correct!

...think about my words what you will, I just tried pointing things out ;)

peace out...

So that is why I don't believe this a 'docu' about one label alone.

So you don't believe what the makers of the video write.

What you believe is subjective and your reality, but not thé reality.

Thé reality is written by the guys that made docu of Boom. And their title is:

"The Resurgence of Goa Trance with Dj Anoebis and Suntrip Records"

So you can believe what you want, even that the sun is UFO, but this docu was about the label and the resuregence of goa-trance. Maybe you dont know, but there will be many Suntrippers playing on Boom, thats why they wanted to make this.

This documentary was about Suntrip Records, and the resurgence of Goa Trance we influenced. This is exactly what Boom Festival asked us and that is exactly what it is. And that is the reason why only our album artists are mentioned. Which is a logical think if they make a docu about us.

Of course everyone wants their artists to be mentioned...

Exactly.

But let me tell you something: at the Connection festival last year, Anoebis and I were staying at the far end of the camping area. On the day I arrived, it struck me it took us 45 minutes to reach the dance floor. Why ? Because people kept on coming to us and asking questions about artists, releases and Goatrance in general.

Even though our strolls aren't quite peaceful, this is a golden opportunity to "hammer" about our movement.

And not only about Suntrip : we're true to our DNA; no label is "forgotten", no country is "forgotten" if need be during the conversation. Like it was in the complete version of that interview.

What I mean is: after 12 years, at last, we have enough momentum to participate to such events. You can trust us to spread the good word about Goatrance! And you should do the same when the time comes!

• Like 1

I don't see why promotional video about Goa Trance is such a problem?

He explained why is it like it is...

1. He said what he WANTED - he has freedom to say whatever he want, and he didnt insulted anyone

2. He mentioned Suntrip artists because he presents Suntrip label there

3. Boom decided what they want to cut and what not, they wanted only 'Suntrip music'

Instead of being happy because BIGGEST psychedelic trance festival decided to promote Goa trance (at least from one label) to the masses and support it you are bitching now.

And you know why festivals dont want to work with us? Because we sucks! All we do is bullshiting when 'opposite' side do something instead of supporting or feedbacking. There is always bad mastering, no dynamics, NOT ORIGINAL sound, bad covers and IT IS NOT OLDSKUL. But yes, you are satisfied with half finished tracks and albums, with bullshit sound, but yeah it is UNIQUE, its DIFFERENT.

When someone finaly reach some quaility sound he is being judged again, that he is too 'clean', too modern, not dark enough, not PLEADIANS enough. Instead feedbacking and advicing artist to help them provide QUAILITY. So artists are in strugle, should they go for good sound or try satisfy the couple of goa trancers. And thats why we will never see Ozora or Boom or some big festival and we will not have 'the bigger audience' because all we do is holding back Goa trance in 96 and not moving to 2016, 20 years later.

And suddenly one of the biggest festival such as Boom found some quaility shit and decided to have it, record video and promote it and you are ANGRY? And thats why Goa trance is small, all we do is just dividing each other based on label or artist, hating everyone that is not 'old school'. No wonder why people from other scenes call us 'Goa Nazis'...

Just dont cry after some big festival that it was good just no goa trance. Because we dont deserve it. We are never satisfied. No releases - goa is dead, more releases - all the same shit, nothing unique, nothing darker. No bookings - whyyyyy?, more bookings - ahh too modern, too much Filteria or Goasia, it doesnt work good on my LSD, too loud sounds and so on.

One label manager asked to promote his label and artists and everyone loses their minds?! There is no fucking logic. Work as he did and deserve to be asked for same thing, then you say and promote your label or whatever you want. YOU HAVE RIGHT AND FREEDOM TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT.

And now people will say but yeah he mentioned you, you are in his label. Yes i am but thats why im very harsh towards the Suntrip and critical more than to other labels and Anoebis and Mars can confirm that. Im pissing them off almost on daily base. Why is that? Because i want them to advance, to go forward.

I should be angry now because he didnt mention my long dead label UAF Records and their artists? Fucking nonsense.

This is why im not into goa scene for couple of years now. I havent heard 90% of releases since 2013, i dont follow it because all this makes me sick. Constantly being judged for your own freedom and wishes, tastes but when quaility and unity comes nobody cares. Im focused on production and thats it.

Call me hater or whatever i dont care. I said what i had, end of story. But trust me, this is why 'goa trance is dead'. Accept or not, it's not my problem.

Enjoy in supporting goa :lol:

• Like 1

The above had me laughing ! :lol:

Leaving aside the hot topic about the video (which Anoebis does have the right say whatever he wants) everything said in the above post is :lol: :lol:

Its your opinion. Its fine to have an opinion.

On a side note , if opinions/feedbacks/ and put it simply what every listener personally wants to hear bothers you. Dont read it, simple. Also, if you cant take it. Dont give it either. (Referring to your comment on Morphic Resonance thread, it may have been a "friendly artist to artist advice" but thats how I see every feedback and comment from everyone)

There are those who take it graciously (Nova Fractal - just look at his new ep thread. While buying a CD from I mentioned it greeted him on his behaviour. Very cool dude! Check Vesana on his album, Take suntrip so many of us complained about them being samey, they took at a positive criticism) and there those just cant bear it( fuck goa, die motherfuckers) It is what it is.

There are shitty albums coming out on CD's and there are gems getting released for free. I'm grateful for both. And also know that its not a fair world. People praise what they like, they express dislike/dissent to what they don't like. No big deal if you ask me. Problem here is , the small community. Take Psynews -- many artists and listeners at one place. It is bound to happen that sometime artists/labels and their audience differ on their opinion wrt a release (Ex - legendary DAT release). Either it can be handled professionally & graciously or can be out-rightly ignored. Nothing can/will be achieved from fuck this fuck that, we all know that.

#GoClub #NoWorries #EasyPeasy ;)

• Like 4

I

I should be angry now because he didnt mention my long dead label UAF Records and their artists? Fucking nonsense.

I wasn't reffering to Neogoa at any point of my feedback regarding the video. I was reffering to my country that has been left out in the context Anoebis spoke about Balkan Goa trance scene. Also, dear Imba, it seems according to you that no one here doesn't have right to review/critic or comment the video, so we all should praise and give positive feedback? Seriously? Also if you feel that something has been biased or presented in not so perfect way, you can ask the question, give suggestion, if you can. Also, what about this:

IYOU HAVE RIGHT AND FREEDOM TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT.

Double standards or what? Why someone attacks me because I asked why Croatian scene hasn't been mentioned (in best possible manner without any bad blood)? Please elaborate.

Also, I rest my case too. I will avoid any kind of commenting content here from now on, since it's not allowed to have your own mind or opinion or to give an honest input/critic without being called nationalist or whatnot.

Also, I rest my case too. I will avoid any kind of commenting content here from now on, since it's not allowed to have your own mind or opinion or to give an honest input/critic without being called nationalist or whatnot.

No need for Drama-queenery... You can say what you want, but I think in my case, I explained clearly why Croatia wasn't mentioned... That is supposed to be the end... (but it wasn't) :P

If there is a documentary about the new goa-scene of 20 minutes with an overview and a lot of info, and Croatia isn't mentioned, then you are right of course. But of course, that will not happen... (both the documentary AND if they would ask me about the scene per region, I would mention all)

I was speaking in global, not just in this case... whats happening over the years. And not just on this forum for sure.

From beggining i supported every label, i released on almost every goa label these days, i gave my tracks just like that to support Goa scene and label. I don't stay behind one label, name or group. I am Suntrip, i am Neogoa, i am UAF, i am Timewarp, i am Goa Madness, i am Psynews... i am simply Goa. You are my friend same as Joske or Fabien, or Nova Fractal, or Alex and Julian behind Goa Madness. Only difference is that all of you have different visions and opinions, but you are all same to me as friends, collegues, passionate music lovers. And all of you know me as we spoke a lot over the years. No bad blood here.

You have your opinion and you said just like i said mine. I just think some people missed point and Jos explained why, and i will say in short lines again:

- Topic: SUNTRIP UPDATES

- he posted update/promo material regarding suntrip and their people

- video is about suntrip as he said, he pointed to balkan that he have many artists from there released album on his album

- i think it's not fair that i was mentioned too as i didnt released album yet but soon...

I also wish that he or anyone was asked to speak for whole hour and mention every artists but this was not case, nor the theme. Too many good artists here, not many chances to promote everyone sadly.

And you know that i am to write loooong article about Balkan Goa scene where i will mention and link every single artist and dj, organizer etc... But perfect idea would be to make huge PDF like with psytrance and its styles, just with artists and dj bios. Now that would be perfect promo. But simply not in this topic.

'Hey Inada, that interview about Cronomi is pretty nice, but why didn't you mention Imba?' - never released there... got point now?

I am sorry for the way i said what i said. I should go smoothly.

Wrong theme, missed the point. Jos explained nicely, story didnt finished and that pissed me off. Maybe i should stop joining anything except simple promotion stuff.

whyyyyyyyyy is everyone being like this! no, its ok to say what you want.

Because internet! :D

You say something but people cant see/feel you while and normaly turns bad... and someone sometimes got offended. And thats not my intentions.

• Like 1

whyyyyyyyyy is everyone being like this! no, its ok to say what you want. If I was harsh, apologies.

Honestly, same for me... I did not reply much anymore because of the "politic correct tension" and I see no more use eihter now... I will just stick to promotion, 100%. I did my deal in psynews, started it from the beginning, time to move :)

I watched the video 5 times because it made me so freaking happy that goa is rising once more and not once did I think to feel good because my country was mentioned in the video, i didnt even process it in my brain. I don't give a shit, nor should you Richpa. Everybody knows about Croatian artists, Neogoa and you. If you wish you can create your own video (which is actually a great idea. You guys should do that too) and clearly state Croatia instead of bashing on Anoebis for mentioning only his labels arists. This isnt about nationality and who's gonna build a bigger rocket and fly up to the moon first, but a music movement which is for me almost spiritual (Im not high on acid, I swear). You guys who work on music should understand that best.

A truly wonderful video guys. We should all be happy that this is happening. :wub:

I would just like to add my two cents on this and also I feel I can give a unique perspective but by no means does that mean I will say anything mean.. And thats the heart of the issue. I would imagine making a lot of money within the goa scene would require an element not organic to the scene. While I'm sure it is difficult as a smaller label to promote.. So much so you might get a bit upset if another label didnt use an opportunity to promote you, but what I liked about the video was anoebis stayed true to himself and his passion while naturally mentioning his label.

I see no harm here

Croatian artists, Neogoa and you.

Sorry, but can you please find where I said anything about my label or me when I commented this video? This video wasn't about that and I didn't mention Neogoa or myself. Second thing, I asked why Croatia has been left out (since it got (IMO) most of the active artists, it held first Goa trance-only festival (which by the way promoted Suntrip Records and their artists and shitload of Balkan artist), when he gave his view in video about Balkan region. Another thing, Neogoa isn't the only label who has been co-managed in Croatia, Timewarp and Spacedock are also co-managed in Croatia and in none sentence I asked what you said. Also, most of Croatian artists aren't on Neogoa, we even got more artists from Belgium for example.

If Joske feels that presentation of Balkan Goa trance scene and music is better without mentioning Croatia in this Suntrip presentation video, okay, but for me personally it's very narrow and as someone who is involved into Goa trance music and who is from Balkans I think I can share my view and impression of the video itself. If that isn't allowed here on Psynews I will deactivate my account and switch to Neogoa Records official user account and post only in our topics.

• Like 1

Nah. No need for that, really. And the scene needs you by all means necessary.

Initiatives from everywhere in the world are necessary. It's clear the Croatian scene has spared no effort already. Be sure there's no forgetting that.

Over Facebook I told you this story of the interview of the CEO of my "daytime" company. Things don't always add up perfectly to fulfil everyone. We don't have/need a PR dept and I am still convinced our Goa world is better with this interview than without.

You know I don't get out often because I can get tired very fast, but this summer I'll be out. We'll have great opportunities to promote the music we love. As far as I'm concerned, I'll try to prepare some keywords and some speech, so the appropriate good words are sent in every direction.

• Like 1

wheres a doco on australian or nz goa artists?????????

crickets chirping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whispy hay bale thing blowing down to the pacific region!!!!!!

i miss radi!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry, but can you please find where I said anything about my label or me when I commented this video? This video wasn't about that and I didn't mention Neogoa or myself. Second thing, I asked why Croatia has been left out (since it got (IMO) most of the active artists, it held first Goa trance-only festival (which by the way promoted Suntrip Records and their artists and shitload of Balkan artist), when he gave his view in video about Balkan region. Another thing, Neogoa isn't the only label who has been co-managed in Croatia, Timewarp and Spacedock are also co-managed in Croatia and in none sentence I asked what you said. Also, most of Croatian artists aren't on Neogoa, we even got more artists from Belgium for example.

If Joske feels that presentation of Balkan Goa trance scene and music is better without mentioning Croatia in this Suntrip presentation video, okay, but for me personally it's very narrow and as someone who is involved into Goa trance music and who is from Balkans I think I can share my view and impression of the video itself. If that isn't allowed here on Psynews I will deactivate my account and switch to Neogoa Records official user account and post only in our topics.

Do whatever you want. Anoebis shouldn't even need to explain why he didnt mention Croatia, not even to say that he doesnt have an OBLIGATION to mention anyone. You can share your opinion of course, but if you dont agree or just simply don't get it- back off. Explaining your opinion once is enough. No need to keep repeating your arguments over and over again. Agree to disagree, be done with it and create your own video to promote Croatia's goa scene if you want that so much.