Boom / Suntrip documentary - The resurgence of Goa Trance

Most Goa projects are coming from Croatia but none of them are mentioned. I get you had to mention your label artists, but if you're promoting 'Balkan Goa' scene, leaving out country who gave one of the pioneers of Goa in this part of Balkan, who had first full Goa festival and Croatian artists who are publishing on all relevant Goa labels, Lost Theory festival that held for few year in Croatia is just, well, ignorant. I hope next time you will give proper credit to the Balkan region in more relevant and unbiased perspective :)

Most Goa projects are coming from Croatia but none of them are mentioned. I get you had to mention your label artists, but if you're promoting 'Balkan Goa' scene, leaving out country who gave one of the pioneers of Goa in this part of Balkan, who had first full Goa festival and Croatian artists who are publishing on all relevant Goa labels, Lost Theory festival that held for few year in Croatia is just, well, ignorant. I hope next time you will give proper credit to the Balkan region in more relevant and unbiased perspective :)

I mentioned tons of them, but as they decided to make a Suntrip special, they left out all the others that were mentioned, the interview they did was around 1 hour, and only VERY small parts were used...

I mentioned tons of them, but as they decided to make a Suntrip special, they left out all the others that were mentioned, the interview they did was around 1 hour, and only VERY small parts were used...

10 years of Suntrip festival (Balkan Goa Fanatics), last time i checked it was in Croatia. I'm just saying as someone who has been very much familiar with the Goa trance scene in this region it looks biased, no hard feelings.

10 years of Suntrip festival (Balkan Goa Fanatics), last time i checked it was in Croatia. I'm just saying as someone who has been very much familiar with the Goa trance scene in this region it looks biased, no hard feelings.

It IS biased, as this is a Suntrip special of Boom festival, they used only the Suntrip names... but I clearly mentioned the Balkan as the home of the new goa movement...

It IS biased, as this is a Suntrip special of Boom festival, they used only the Suntrip names... but I clearly mentioned the Balkan as the home of the new goa movement...

Ah forget, you don't get my point. I'm saying that is absolutley unfair to list countries from Balkan area that are important for Goa trance development and leaving out Croatia (with or without purpose) is a shame and/or ignorance. It's just my opinion about this presentation of our region and as a Croatian and as a person who is involved into this kind of music and buissnes I think I have right to express my personal view :)

Ah forget, you don't get my point. I'm saying that is absolutley unfair to list countries from Balkan area that are important for Goa trance development and leaving out Croatia (with or without purpose) is a shame and/or ignorance. It's just my opinion about this presentation of our region and as a Croatian and as a person who is involved into this kind of music and buissnes I think I have right to express my personal view :)

I only get your point now, it is the fact I dont mention the "country" Croatia, right?

The reason I dont say it there is pretty logic... We have no albums of a Croatian artist at the moment ever released... All the others that I mentioned released albums with us. Of course I know Croatia has a vivid scene, but here I was only talking about music & Suntrip! I didnt mention Spain either while Connection is the festival with the biggest goa line up... I dont believe in borders anyway, thats why I prefer to talk about "Balkan", which is a large region :) So dont ever take this personal

I only get your point now, it is the fact I dont mention the "country" Croatia, right?

The reason I dont say it there is pretty logic... We have no albums of a Croatian artist at the moment ever released... All the others that I mentioned released albums with us. Of course I know Croatia has a vivid scene, but here I was only talking about music & Suntrip! I didnt mention Spain either while Connection is the festival with the biggest goa line up... I dont believe in borders anyway, thats why I prefer to talk about "Balkan", which is a large region :) So dont ever take this personal

Right. So imagine me or someone else talking publicly in promotional video and sending out the message about the ressurected western-european Goa scene and leaving out Belgium. Probably, you as a person who is involved into promotion of this kind of music in your country and aboard would find that silly, right? I'm also pointing out that you had Suntrip-dedicated festival in Croatia (if that's not a connection with your label), than my mistake if I pointed this as something of importance. Speaking about the borders, I think I personally promoted and released artists from all corners of Europe, including many regional names (Svemirski Hod compilation), so that's not my argument here, but I'm just pointing out in the context of Balkan region naming countries as being important for Goa scene and leaving out Croatia feels unfair. Probably you would feel the same if similar thing happened in the example I pointed earlier.

How dare you.

Dare what? Having an opinion about publicly posted video about promotion of certain genre?

• Like 1

You are going too far in this nationalist-way of thinking. What is the value of mentioning "your country". If you would talk about Benelux or Western Europe for instance instead of Belgium... like I care, I dont have specific love for "my" country at all... This goa movement doesnt need borders.

Once again, not 1 single croatian album was released is Suntrip, hence the "not mentioning". As this is about Suntrip, this is a logical thing. Sorry to say, but the music that changed the scene around 2010 in the Balkans was not Croatian... Simple as that.

And the fact there was a 10 years Suntrip party/Festival in Croatia is cool, and I will never forget it... but that was 1 of the 12 Suntrip 10 years parties that happened. From Japan to Brasil, from the UK to Israel. Probably in your opinion I should have mentioned them all, right? I can assure you, Boom would have NEVER taken that part to broadcast in that documentary. You are overly picky and sensitive here I think

Richpa it is utterly surprising to see you use the word "biased", twice. What on earth could make us biaised about Croatia ?

Of course I know Croatia has a vivid scene, but here I was only talking about music & Suntrip! I didnt mention Spain either while Connection is the festival with the biggest goa line up... I dont believe in borders anyway, thats why I prefer to talk about "Balkan", which is a large region :) So dont ever take this personal

Well said.
Goatrance is still striving to get coverage. Such an interview was unthinkable only 4 years ago and we should be thrilled by the sole fact it was done.
On the other hand I sense a rising concern that a certain range of artists all produce similar music (yesterday someone called it "the new full on" in front of me).
Just like you, Richpa, we are doing this out of love for the music. Our money goes to the artists. We both know how hard it was to rise this movement from its grave.
So instead of jumping hastily to conclusions, we should fight for only one cause: to release quality music and promoting quality parties more than ever. Without borders. Without boundaries. Together.
If there is the slightest remnant of bitterness here, we're ready to talk with you about it.

You are going too far in this nationalist-way of thinking. What is the value of mentioning "your country". If you would talk about Benelux or Western Europe for instance instead of Belgium... like I care, I dont have specific love for "my" country at all... This goa movement doesnt need borders.

Sorry, but I have to disagree on this with you. First of all mentioning certain country isn't a nationalistic way of thinking, at least it wasn't last time I checked, and to assure you, for example I could put Croatia as a location of Neogoa but we use Balkans (on our social pages), so for someone who is having a nationalistic way of thinking (as you're saying), it would be kinda strange, right? Also, I'm not giving you any lessons here, but trying to give you a honest feedback and personal perspective, what (in my opinion) could be pointed out, in case you're already listing some countries from that region. I'm not saying it because it's a matter of some pride or something (Goa pride only), it's important because so many people, musicians and teams are working very hard here for development of new Goa trance scene, and especially because you had co-operation with BGF in Croatia where a lot of regional artists played, it could be mentioned. You listed countries where you had label-parties, but having a full-time festival is even more important :) Don't get me wrong, it's just feedback and critic from my side (in case you're open for such), so you don't need to explain yourself to me or to someone else, it's just an one guys opinion and you can disagree ;)

Richpa it is utterly surprising to see you use the word "biased", twice. What on earth could make us biaised about Croatia ?

Hey, no hard feelings from my side (or bitterness, as you said), you're also familiar with our work and from me personally you got the respect and I guess healthy co-operation in last 6 years or so. As I said earlier, I'm not commenting this on social networks or on YouTube but discussing it on Psynews since I consider this forum as a healthy place for good discussions, suggestions, feedbacks, critics and input. If i'm not praising something, it doesn't mean I'm hating it and someone else might be offended about the nationalistic part, but I'm not, since you're also familiar about my intentions about the Goa scene on Balkans, I hope you understand my point of view. Even tho, sometime I might sound picky.

Once again, not 1 single croatian album was released is Suntrip, hence the "not mentioning". As this is about Suntrip, this is a logical thing. Sorry to say, but the music that changed the scene around 2010 in the Balkans was not Croatian... Simple as that.

that's because you failed to release nova fractal (and also because if goa trance that isn't released on suntrip doesn't get too much attention) ;)

at much as it was weird to see croatia left out in the list (considering the music and it being home to the second-largest goa trance only festival in the world — correct me if i'm wrong, but afaik only connection is bigger and also exclusively goa), it's equally weird to compain about it missing. and even weirder to have a lengthy discussion about it. it should be all about the music and not on which side of an arbitrarily drawn line an artist happens to live.

I will explain myself 1 last time here... people miss the point. I am discussing the MUSIC clearly in that video. NOT festivals. So I simply mentioned the countries where our album artists came from. Thats what I did, nothing more. And there is no Croatian album we ever released and that is the end of that. Over, finished. No reason in that part to mention Croatia. So it wasn't.

They even ASKED me: what festivals were the best you ever did: I did mention Goa Balkan Fanatics! I mentioned Connection Festival... but imagine what happened, they cut it, they didn't think it was important enough. I didnt see anyone from Spain or Franky or whatever complaining...

For me, that case is closed. And you can complain about it, well, tell Boom to make "good" videos next time... :s

it should be all about the music and not on which side of an arbitrarily drawn line an artist happens to live.

Wisely said.

music:

Celestial Intelligence - Inevitable Feelings
Denshi Danshi - Feed the Mugwumps
Mindsphere - Tears of Goddess
Asura vs Aes Dana - Elie
Morphic Resonance - Psychedelic Hell

Great you play at BOOM :)

But I'd change one thing in the movie @ 2:00 and say "production is important" ;)

It always was/is vital for evey artist than means serious busines in creating music as a whole (in every music style). Good monitors start to vomit sound when production is low :P

The best (real) artists were not only musicans, but also very good in the studio with a) unique sound colors, B) very good mixing, c) a good mastering job and d) good refined melodies they played into the machine instead of programming notes.

Production is ruled out much these days, that is correct. But it show in the populairity of older goa: every generation again when searching in dept, grasps more to the older goa than the newer goa.

PS If you find me 5 (big old skool goa) artists who say this isn't true, that production is vital for good Goa, post here their quotes & mails, so I can spam them :)

PPS "M-Run" also plays in Croatia, and is next to Goasia the biggest from there :P - gets booking requests from Brasil to israël

• Like 3

Boyz boyz boyz I am looking for a good time (aka Sabrina). Behave yourselves!

Funny to see how everyone wants to eat a part of the pie. Where is the unity? Labels being happy about this? This is a glory moment for goa, and of course some labels will start to whine and complain they dont get the recognition they want.

The solution is simple, make sure to have videos, gigs and documentaries like this yourself. Problem solved.

One thing is sure. This kind of lame replies will never help goa-trance in general and creates more and more polarisation. Sad.

As for the Croatia discussion, maybe I am mistaken but Goasia is Serbian, no? So why would M-Run ever be mentioned in a video about Suntrip? There is no reason at all.

• Like 1