Lyrics in Psy

hi guys, im new so first of all im gonna introduce myself. i'm 24, from argentina, and i've been going to electronic parties

for four or five years until i decided to buy a midi controller and a friend of mine gave me a pen drive with

many discographies. it was sorted out alphabetically so i started with the first folder which was called

astral projection and that was the beginning.

so now i come here looking for tracks everyday and i've encountered the most incredible, unexpected and unbelievable

music ever, but i've noticed that there aren't many tracks with lyrics.

i mean actual lyrics. if i would have to make some kind of exemplificacion i would say that what im looking

is the psytrance version of uplifting lyrics (withouth being cheesee) more than the usual robotic/twisted samples.

also looking for trance with house influences like

I personally dislike singing in Psy. It ruins perfectly good music. There are few exceptions and they're all on the downtempo side of things anyway.

If it's your thing then check out this monstrosity

https://youtu.be/w6JEVmgl20k

Overall dead planet was ace but this track made me want to scrub my brain clean

IMO, no goa or psy tracks have ever been improved by singing, chanting, talking, samples, lyrics, etc.

Are you novoice? :lol:

I agree with almost all of these but can be partial to a good sample :)

• Like 1

IMO, no goa or psy tracks have ever been improved by singing, chanting, talking, samples, lyrics, etc.

i take it you don't like space tribe at all. without the at times funny samples i would have a very hard time distinguishing his otherwise quite bland tracks.

• Like 1

One problem I see with lyrics in psy is that they may undermine its international nature. Too bad there are so many English samples already. This was really brought home for me when I heard some Spanish samples (funnily Japanese and even, perhaps, German samples sound ok to me, but Russian - my native language - samples sometimes leave me wondering if the artist really understood their meaning).

I also don't like singing in psytrance. I don't even know if such a thing exists, but I like the use of chants/samples. And I shall quote the most popular one:

"I believe with the advent of acid. We discovered new ways to think and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people are so afraid of it? What is it about it that scares people so deeply? Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they are afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control."

....let the music begin.

I also don't like singing in psytrance. I don't even know if such a thing exists, but I like the use of chants/samples. And I shall quote the most popular one:

"I believe with the advent of acid. We discovered new ways to think and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people are so afraid of it? What is it about it that scares people so deeply? Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they are afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control."

....let the music begin.

I have the same reaction to this as having to watch a compulsory ad before an online video starts. Please spare me the fortune cookie wisdom and just play the damn music.

• Like 1

i guess that what im thinking off is more easily achievable through the use of a lyric sample mixed over a full on base,

though i was really hoping there was more stuff like that, already produced that way.

the album was insane, and, in this case, lyrics only improved an already good track

I also personally dislike singing in psy. I also really don't like ANY vocal samples. I am picky and I like ONLY the music. Samples, voices, etc... am I weird? Everyone else seems to love it.

I really like trance with samples that are NOT about drugs/space/conscioussness/aliens/you name it. Having heard so many samples about the aforementioned, it gives tracks a really strange vibe when you hear a sample about something really ordinary.

• Like 1