Good post-2010 melodic goa albums

MrAnarchy

Im looking for [insert thread title]. Nothing to trancey like Nova Fractal or too floaty. Please help. :)

Really digging the "Zygote" track by Mindsphere and need more!

Maybe you can try the different albums of Somnesia, especially the last one.

I just fear you may find his style not powerful enough, but it is extremely melodic, it sounds very old school (maybe too much actually). But you can still check and see if you like.

• Like 2

I remember listening to Celestial Intelligence once a while ago, and didnt like it. Now I think this is amazing. What is my brain... :blink:

Maybe you can try the different albums of Somnesia, especially the last one. I just fear you may find his style not powerful enough, but it is extremely melodic, it sounds very old school (maybe too much actually). But you can still check and see if you like.

Ill try it out

You wrote Zygote and I instantly thought of SynSUN-Symphonic Adventures which has a track called Zygote as well.

It's not 100% Goa, but it's 100% melodic and a freaking masterpiece.

Yeah I know it's from 2004, I just wanted to post those tracks. :D

I remember listening to Celestial Intelligence once a while ago, and didnt like it. Now I think this is amazing. What is my brain... :blink:

Ill try it out

I think your brain made the same error when trying out Nova Fractal.

check again.

and if you havent already, check out Artifact303 - Feelings.

That is _the_ best newschool goatrance that exists today.

nothing so far beats it, although nova fractal-transcendence gets so close that one day that is nr 1, and then falls back to nr 2 and so on.

and you could try to suggest anything better than this but youd be wrong.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Necropost! Happy holidays :D

I've been listening to Celestial Intelligence since last year. Like, nonstop. I'm in danger of wearing it out. I've listened to pretty much everything else in this post as well, and sadly I need a little something else. Astral, Afgin, Filteria, IFO (!), these all do it for me. But nobody does it like my homies from Macedonia C.I. Got anything for a melody fiend? Less is more, really -- if you can think of one or two really kickass artists that'll do me more good than 5 or 10 okay ones. Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks a billion! He's got a large catalog :)

8 hours ago, Trolsk said:

Mindsphere is the best melodic neo goa act out there. His best track is Floating in a Widescreen:

Another great one is Gate of Sadness:

I've been on the hunt for several days now, and have searched just about every relevant comment on just about every "melodic" or "melodies" post. I've also gone through Suntrip's catalog (specifically the releases that I don't already know somewhat well) up to 2009. Celestial Intelligence write outstanding melodies all the time in every track, rarely repeating a loop once they've moved on to another melody). I haven't put a lot on my playlist otherwise, but I've found some good stuff:

Filteria - Wormhole at 4:31 

Agneton - In the Heart of a Dying Star at 2:29

And Artifact303 - Feelings

And I would be remiss if I didn't feature the song that got me obsessed with melodies in Goa:

Celestial Intelligence - Alteration at 2:35

That's the stuff! It's not just playing an arpeggio, noodling around on the same 5 notes in a chord, but really beautiful melodies that could stand on their own in a jazz or prog song. Many of their other songs feature a dozen melodies or more. I looked into nitzhonot, but other than Agneton there's a lot of cheese. After listening to (or remembering) these, can y'all think of anything?

• 4 weeks later...

My newest find in the melodic goa section is JIS - Illusions of Reality, for sure my favourite goa Album at the moment

• 2 years later...

I did it, I found the most melodic trance track.

The whole thing is great! The song proper starts at about 2:30, and from then it’s rather melodic. But at 11:30 or so it begins a kickass melody that is probably two and a half minutes long. No lie. It’s a 16-minute track, longest I’ve heard since “…And the Day Turned to Night”, but it doesn’t feel like it. I’m seriously in love with this track. Going to go ahead and check out everything Psy-H Project has ever done.