4: Other Species (146 BPM)

5: Tripping Astronaut (149 BPM)

6: Galactic Aviator (150 BPM)

7: Alien Pursuit (150 BPM)

8: Goa Delirium (148 BPM)

9: Mystic Presence (149 BPM)

10: Lost in Time (147 BPM)

11: Temple Monkeys (149 BPM)

I remember first hearing GoaD's "Alien Pursuit" when Neogoa promoted it on facebook, saying how acidic the album is going to be and you all know that I have a god damn fetish for acidic side of goa trance so I was drawn in. The promotional track ended and I knew that I was going to love this album.

This morning I got an e-mail notification which woke me up from Bandcamp saying "Neogoa Records has released "Galactic Aviator" by GoaD." I dont remember the last time I've jumped out of bed that happy and excited about life, turned on my pc and downloaded the album.

Ok so the first 2 tracks are really good at setting up the mood and preparing you for the madness that is to come. With track 3 "Intergalactic Gates" the albums sits on the gas pedal and catapults us up into space. You will be holding to your chair or your head depending in what position you are all the way up to the last track that isnt that crazy but it's still fast.

What the album does well: Variety, story telling, feels unique to me so no cheese here, acidic asteroids flying centimeters by your windshield while you desperately true to hold on to life and avoid them, and remember, if you fail- no one can hear you scream. Also the melodies are spot on. Overall the ~80 minutes flew by as I listened to this.

Also I love the cover and the little easter egg. (Now playing Imba's "Impossible Astronaut")

What the album does bad: Made me feel bad for downloading it for free and not being rich and paying tons of money to this guy for making such a masterpeice. :P

I literally can't find one nit-pick.

A true masterpeice and one of my 2 favorite releases this year thus far!

Grade: A

• Like 2

You shouldn't feel bad about that, you're not the only one and many people can't afford to buy music they like and it's one of the reasons why we give our best to release music for free so they can enjoy it. GoaD himself insisted to release his music for free so it's another reason not to worry about. Thank you for reviewing this release and if possible, please correct the track #5 name (it's Tripping Astronaut).

Album stream:

Album download:

http://neogoarecords.bandcamp.com/album/galactic-aviator

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

jppZJM0.jpg

Artist: Goad

Title: Galactic Aviator

Label: Neogoa

Date: June, 2016

1.Submerged On Ganymede (150 BPM)

2. Outer Passage (146 BPM)

3. Intergalactic Gates (150 BPM)

4. Other Species (146 BPM)

5. Tripping Astronaut (149 BPM)

6. Galactic Aviator (150 BPM)

7. Alien Pursuit (150 BPM)

8. Goa Delirium (148 BPM)

9. Mystic Presence (149 BPM)

10. Lost in Time (147 BPM)

11. Temple Monkeys (149 BPM)

kIVbgIO.gif

"Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you...is not an alien force already among us?"

Neogoa the label that keeps on giving dropped this bomb in our lap and then left us to clean up the aftermath. Composed by Anders Munk this is a high speed, aggressive, acidic bomb that offers zero in the way of apologies. It's shock and awe goa trance that will take the paint off the walls. Layered and powerful it rockets you through space at maximum velocity. It's pretty similar throughout so I can appreciate the complaints of a lack of variety, but what it does it does supremely well. A physical release would be something I would definitely be interested in. Fantastic work!

Neogoa Bandcamp

• Like 1

i love this album... can t wait for the next episode, as there s already a HUGE evolution in his latest work

i would also be very interested in a hard copy :D

[ic]

on your knee, peasant!

bow, vilein!

haha.

fools!

don t spend ur time trying to explain, beg for forgiveness or grovelling...

for Morphic Resonance, Proxeeus, Imba & GoaD are The Acid Dread Lords and they will show you no mercy.

haha.

run boors, run as fast and as far as u all can.

those glorious individuals will find you and they ll teach you their purposes...

to exhaust and silence all those who would stand against them on the dancefloor.

only the true believers will stand undaunted at their side...

enjoying your last, bloody, dawn.

under the flotting banner of Neogoa Records.

[ooc]

95c7d46e6f3085eb62bdc386052f8530.png

• Like 1

Seems like "acidic" is cool again, and it seems to be the gimmick of this album. That being said, this is unfortunately not one of my favourites from the Neogoa catalog. The overall sound is oddly flat and parts of the sounds are (unintentionally?) distorted. Especially "Outer Passage", initially I had it in a recent DJ set but had to drop it because it just didn't fit in even with a bunch of oldschool tracks.

Not really a fan of the artwork either. Sorry guys, this just didn't do it for me :(

• Like 2

Seems like "acidic" is cool again, and it seems to be the gimmick of this album. That being said, this is unfortunately not one of my favourites from the Neogoa catalog. The overall sound is oddly flat and parts of the sounds are (unintentionally?) distorted. Especially "Outer Passage", initially I had it in a recent DJ set but had to drop it because it just didn't fit in even with a bunch of oldschool tracks.

Not really a fan of the artwork either. Sorry guys, this just didn't do it for me :(

Your option is much respected, especially because you've been following our music since the early days. We will keep all suggestions and feedback from people who listened this album for the next release(s).

first impressions: this album sounds like it's straight out of 2006, just like the first wave of newschool goa. a mixture of copying oldschool and trying to adapt modern music while leaving out everything that was characteristic of the other subgenres of psytrance (plus lots of focus in the often eastern melodies).

if it was released back then, people would be all over it (everything goa was fresh and there were few releases). but since it's 2016 and goa has evolved since, now including many more sounds and concepts than ten years ago, this album has a bit of a "heard before" or even retro feeling to it. to me it's like the lowest common denominator of goa trance.

i see nothing bad about this album at all, if i heard it 10 years earler i'd be all over it "woohoo melodies, finally! and no stupid fullon gimmicks! this is what i've been looking for!", but now it's one album of many, not exploring any new territory, so i it's really just average.

the only thing i've really never seen before is having the full cover of another album in the artwork. i found it quite funny :)

• Like 2

Well I havent heard anything completely new in goa trance since albums from 1998-9 so I personally dont use it as a criteria, nor do I expect novelty since I think goa is a done deal in that department. Dunno why you people obsess over what was "cool" in what year and who's style it apparently copies.

Its like trying to be a genius classical musician after Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Chopin as so on. You just simply cant play something that classical enthusiasts havent heard before after so many prodigies in the past. Same applies here.

Im saying this because by that logic, everything after the golden years is average by that standard. :) This was just a thought.

Its like trying to be a genius classical musician after Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Chopin as so on. You just simply cant play something that classical enthusiasts havent heard before after so many prodigies in the past. Same applies here.

Im saying this because by that logic, everything after the golden years is average by that standard. :) This was just a thought.

there are imho lots of recent releases that brought something new and creative, developing goa trance further. filteria's daze and lost, artha, nova fractal, the world beyond, lastest oforia, ...

none of these sound like oldschool or even mid 00s goa trance.

i passionately hate every single cheesy piece of "music" mozart has created. i doubt that any newer classical music comes close to being so annoying. i'd rather listen to alien jesus. ;)

Well I havent heard anything completely new in goa trance since albums from 1998-9 so I personally dont use it as a criteria, nor do I expect novelty since I think goa is a done deal in that department. Dunno why you people obsess over what was "cool" in what year and who's style it apparently copies.

I can never make such a bold statement. As I know I haven't heard everything. Looks like you have heard everything after 1998-9 you casually use that generalisation "I've heard almost everything" but I doubt it.

Check out that album with 89 tracks it's an awesome trip and hey it's from post 98-99 :P

I know many of you are waiting for the actual Ektoplazm release, so in the upcoming days I will probably have enough of time to prepare the relase and hopefully this and Veasna (shorter edition) will pop up there soon ;) I will keep topics in ANAA updated :)

-R

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not impressed.

Many of the songs sound too similar to me, noisy (or muddled) and lacking in variety. Of course you can argue this has acid lines, key changes, climax, unexpected moments, intensity, etc., and I wouldn't disagree. I like these elements or the ideas of them at least. Layers arrive and build, but there's little that gives me FEELS or excites me, takes me on a journey or that I find compelling.

Tripping Astronaut sounds decent (or pretty good) for a full on party/dance track. Same with Alien Pursuit, though I enjoy the synths in Tripping Astronaut more; they seem a bit muddled in the latter. Goa Delirium has some pretty good melody work and an unexpected mid-tempo breakdown halfway though. Lost In Time has some pretty catchy zippy work too. However these songs rarely hook me throughout.

The album's not a total misfire. It's just not my personal preference, style and sound. That said, we all share different tastes, so why not check it out and decide for yourself?