Harambe

exotic

Ive got myself involved in a argument on FB where most people on the thread are supporting the mother against the online trolling berating her for irresponsible parenting that lead to the cold blooded murder of a gorilla ,mainly human apologists claiming human life is way superior to animal life , some going to the extent of saying how they would save a Donald Trump by killing the gorilla if he made it into the enclosure .

I cannot see how the blame can be pinned on anyone other than the zoo and the parents , more so the mother whose job and responsibility is to protect her offspring.. I would curse the mother too . Even if Harambe was dragging the child was it posing enough threat to harm the child ? was it really justified to shoot him dead ?

I feel the zoo could have explored certain man animal conflict prevention management techniques like a trained negotiator to cater to a situation life especially in a zoo which wasn't breach proof ..

Its us who have lifted these animals from their natural habitat and the onus is on us to be more responsible than them .

What would you have done as the zoo keeper ?

Just because it's trending and the meat isn't savoured.

I pity the fools who claim human life is way more "precious" than animal life. All hail idiots who think animals are just for fun food and fashion. I wish some deadly plague created by one of the megacorps (you know it's name!) kill half the population or turn them into zombies! You small population countries with your lifestyle are equally responsible.

--------------

So now the child will grow up to be future president and take action against nuclear weapons proliferation and climate change. Come the fuck on. Balls to you!

I would've pushed the parents and also the zoo keepers and the management. (Me being a fellow visitor)

Die cunts!

As a zookeeper - I would never work as one. Keeping an animal caged throughout their life is the worst thing you can do to them. Fuck all that in-situ population rejuvenation programmes. It's all fucking idiotic, destroy rebuild destroy strategy is full of pig shit.

This is just one side of the mess.

The other is even worse! The spiritual/religious fuckshit. I'm terrified of seeing a new cow everyday with hot iron branding of lingum on them. They don't even even spare the young ones. Sick fucks. Forget treating or looking after them. They don't feed the poor souls. Imagine the burnt marks in this heat + flies + infection.

** Tigers! Such a magestic species but I bet they would be sorry for being the same now! Fuck the temples , fuck the people who travel to take selfies with them

And yes, none of you sorry ass bitches who enjoy veal have the moral right to comment. You can survive and be fit and healthy without killing a goddamn kid! -- Offtopic angry rant. Ignore it.

It's not the first time a kid falls in a gorilla pit. And guess what? The gorillas didn't hurt the kid and no animal was killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLDf01oYSHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xr1YjwDNm4

And just like a youtube comment brilliantly says:

Don't know why they shot him when he was doing a better job of watching him then his mother was.

Should've been ready with some strong tranquillisers. They couldn't wait, you just don't know what might happen, but shooting the poor thing dead was unnecessary.

I haven't paid attention to the controversy but I know the story. I agree that the zoo and the parents are responsible for protecting a child, but if something like that happens because children will do fucking anything they can, the priority should be the life of the child.

This is a subject I disagree with my girlfriend about. She's really into animal rights, and generally hates humans, and honestly feels an animal's life should take precedence over a human's. I'm concerned about animal cruelty too but I can't put the life of an animal ahead of a human.

• Like 1

Should've been ready with some strong tranquillisers. They couldn't wait, you just don't know what might happen, but shooting the poor thing dead was unnecessary.

there is no tranquiliser that works within seconds (except in movies). if you try to tranquilise the gorillia you'll produce an angry and likely violent gorilla for at least a few minutes.

of course it's the responsibility of the zoo and parents to prevent such incidents from happening, but even with proper precautions accidents can always happen. i find the actions of the zookeepers justified. silverbacks are notorious for being erratic violent machos (the rest of the human life</=/>animal life discussion is something we've been through in quite a few other threads).

I agree. It is justified but if it was up to me, that animal wouldn't even be in a zoo. Nor any animal at that point. I visited a zoo once when I was a stupid kid but never again...

Some zoos are okay. The animals are rescue animals and they're given wide spaces and taken care of well. Some zoos are awful and the animals just look depressed. I can definitely see the desire to stay away.

there is no tranquiliser that works within seconds (except in movies). if you try to tranquilise the gorillia you'll produce an angry and likely violent gorilla for at least a few minutes.

of course it's the responsibility of the zoo and parents to prevent such incidents from happening, but even with proper precautions accidents can always happen. i find the actions of the zookeepers justified. silverbacks are notorious for being erratic violent machos (the rest of the human life</=/>animal life discussion is something we've been through in quite a few other threads).

God damn movies. I'd honestly never thought about tranquillisers' speed of effectiveness.

Gorillas are not violent. Like at all. Even when tourists invade their natural space they never attack. AFAIK the documented attacks of a gorilla against a human are extremely rare. I've already posted two videos where gorillas actually protect human kids and not attacking them.

I don't get where the whole gorilla will attack bullshit comes from.

• Like 1

Without a doubt, extremely sad.

The fear was an accidental injury to the boy. Also there is no tranquilizer that could have resolved this peacefully and properly. They also feared the initial pinch of a tranq dart would have enraged harambe and he would have also hurt the boy.

I condemn the mother of the child. She should have to serve many hours of community service to the zoo in restitution for her blatantly negligent parenting that lead to this incident.

Seriously! Who can allow that to happen to their child?

In Japan recently a couple abandoned their SIX YEAR OLD son by the side of a road in an area known for wild bears to "teach him a lesson"

When they came back for him he'd disappeared and they couldn't find him anywhere. They didn't call the police straight away for fear they'd be punished. A week of searching finally found him in some army shelter and he's safe at least but how are these people allowed to have kids? Did they really think this was s good idea? A good way to punish a naughty child?

Seriously! Who can allow that to happen to their child?

In Japan recently a couple abandoned their SIX YEAR OLD son by the side of a road in an area known for wild bears to "teach him a lesson"

When they came back for him he'd disappeared and they couldn't find him anywhere. They didn't call the police straight away for fear they'd be punished. A week of searching finally found him in some army shelter and he's safe at least but how are these people allowed to have kids? Did they really think this was s good idea? A good way to punish a naughty child?

Absolutely awful. I can't even try to reduce this incident and rationalize making this a lesson to train the future military leader. So many risks and dangers involved I file that under abuse. Some people are just not qualified to be parents. Nor do they do what should be done.. "little jimmy has been so hyper lately I just don't know what to do. I think I need help.. Let me ask someone for advice".

Indeed, there are so many experts around that would be happy to help but a lot of parents won't ask, maybe they're worried they'll look stupid for asking or are too proud, I don't know. I do know that my pride is not worth possibly fucking up my daughter in some way so I'll ask what she should be eating, if it's okay to help her stand up etc, because I don't know. I've never done this before but I do know that kids are too young to understand the danger of many things so need watching when left in a place where bad things could happen, you know like around big animals.

Huh! I have read this story. Apparently the army was called in and the parents apologized for causing trouble.

They said sorry and all was forgiven. Japanese society seems to forgive multitude of sins if you just apologise. It's horrible in a way. I feel sorry for this poor boy because his parents don't make good decisions and while they might no abandon him again they're likely to do something stupid in the future.

Do you remember that British couple who left their toddler alone in a Portuguese hotel while they went out only to back to find her gone and they never found her. Who in their right mind would ever think that is okay to do?

Do you remember that British couple who left their toddler alone in a Portuguese hotel while they went out only to back to find her gone and they never found her. Who in their right mind would ever think that is okay to do?

No, I am not aware of this. Anyways, our country has a ton of sad stories of female infanticide. Who in their right mind would ever think that is okay to do?

As long as the amount of good people heavily outweigh the bad then we are ok. :)

I genuinely believe this is true everywhere. But the shitbags manage to ruin things so completely, especially when they get in power :(

• 2 months later...