Morphic Resonance - The City Of Moons

MrAnarchy

Morphic Resonance - The City Of Moons  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this album?

Don't get the Pleiadians comparisons myself

"The"? There are probably more than ten different Pleiadians references in this thread, hardly any of them "this is identical to --". Examples from this page:

Oh, and looking back at this thread, this artist is not the new Pleiadians. He is the new Morphic Resonance!

While it's certainly similar to Pleiadians, this one does not sound like it's trying too hard to sound like IFO and has enough of its own character.

And you're making your own comparison right there too...

• 2 months later...

This is one of my favorite Goa albums. I feel like Suntrip was getting a little like Disneyland with fun (less risky) rides until they released this beast of a dark Goa goodness. As with Filteria's Sky Input, it won't appeal to everyone due to its extremeness, e.g., wild, edgy, intensity, aggression, etc. But I would hardly change a thing aside from improving track 5 (in a few segments via review) and/or replacing track 7.

The first 3-4 tracks are so catchy IMO. Well done. T4 could have been a little more refreshing in the last act, but that's comparing a song setting the bar so high.

The album's first half is moderately stronger than the second IMO, with exception to the Track 6 and 8 which are both great, excellent.

I LOVE how this album avoids middle eastern influences (feels) until the last song and keeps to its darker vision. Very few new-school artists like Filteria or Khetzal can churn out masterpiece tracks and albums.

Thanks again Christian/Morphic Resonance and Suntrip for this super album. Not since Tandu's Multimoods and Hallucinogen's The Lone Deranger (among very few others) do I recall being so into a dark Goa-Trance album.

Though far from perfect, I'd say this is easily one of the top best dark goa albums I've heard in the 21st century.

• 3 weeks later...

i have really tried to enjoy this album as much as most of you guys do. while i cannot find a single track on here to be anything lower than above average, i still find myself skipping the tracks of this album when they come up. it's acidic, intense, atmospheric, melodic but not of the over-the-top-oriental-scale-random-nonsense kind. so in theory it should be great stuff, but i guess it's just too much. the constant barrage of always very similar intrusive acid-like sounds trying to grab my attention makes it seem like a constant noise background. it's like he tries to outdo filteria's sky input by putting on layers upon layers of even intenser stuff; and he succeeds, but the effect not a ever-moving wall of sound you can get lost in, but that all sense of direction and movement is lost. somehow it's like sky input^2 with the dark/industrial vibe tim schuldt's music has.

i can see a track of this album fitting perfectly into nighttime dj sets, but listening to the whole album would be way too tiring.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/15/2018 at 12:14 PM, Ormion said:

In The Mouth Of Madness is the best MR track and IMO the best new school track ever (Sky Input album excluded).

The track is unbelievable.

I wasn't sure at first, originally I thought the title track was even better, but now I believe that you're right. What a magnificent track that is influenced by old-school goa masters but actually exceeds them. It transitions seamlessly between moods, building momentum and intensity before dissipating it all in a moment of complte madness.

The 303 that comes in at 1:30 is absolutely ripping and already makes this better than the Cydonia track it's based on. When you get to the ending with the hysterical laughter and pitching downwards effect it's spinetingling as you wonder WTF just hit you. At some point you transitioned into a deranged world  without even realising it. Phenomenal.

12 hours ago, acid-brain said:

I wasn't sure at first, originally I thought the title track was even better, but now I believe that you're right. What a magnificent track that is influenced by old-school goa masters but actually exceeds them. It transitions seamlessly between moods, building momentum and intensity before dissipating it all in a moment of complte madness.

The 303 that comes in at 1:30 is absolutely ripping and already makes this better than the Cydonia track it's based on. When you get to the ending with the hysterical laughter and pitching downwards effect it's spinetingling as you wonder WTF just hit you. At some point you transitioned into a deranged world  without even realising it. Phenomenal.

What Cydonia track? :o

24 minutes ago, Ormion said:

Damn, why I've never noticed it before?

It doesn't change your opinion on the track at all though does it? In my mind In The Mouth of Madness borrows some great ideas from that track but adds a lot of its own and turns the whole thing into a torpedo that's tighter, more intense and better produced than any source material

• 3 years later...

In the Mouth of Madness is my favourite song on the album. I'm engaged from the opening minute forward. Each act improves on the one before it. There's not an once of fat. Not a moment (like in Track 5 or 7) where I'm taken out of the song due to less-than-stellar choices choices. All in all, a phenomenal song from start to finish. I really like if not  love tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 to this day.

Not everything is for everyone. That said, the first half of City of Moons (album) impresses me to this as Tandu's Multimood's best 4 songs do if played back-to-back. Also, I love the refreshing, risk-taking approaches with tracks 6 and 8.

• Like 1