SCANN-TEC - Unyt (Ultimae)

https://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/unyt-24bit

A new SCANN-TEC album on Ultimae (and looks like they banned him from choosing the cover art ;))

Looking forward to June 16th

Also Ultimae know how to price digital downloads. 10 for the CD or 24bit FLAC, 5 for the 16bit FLAC or mp3 :wub:

Shame not more labels price like this and one that does is one I need to keep up physical collection of :lol:

With its unique cinematic downtempo aesthetics, Unyt leads us into a perpetually expanding travel through soundcapes while playing with our centers of attention, loss of focus and a certain sense of dispersion.

The album redefines Scann-Tecs approach to musical composition and introduces multi-form field recordings vaporised in an array of analog and digital tools to create surreal and behind the veil atmospheres ; wide etheral pads floating high above his distinctive, dynamic and well-calibrated low-end, slender drums, and finely carved rhythmic patterns set the pace gradually transforming free fall into a zero-G experiment.

Vladislav Isaev, music composer and sound sculptor from Moscow, Russia, also known as Scann-Tec started writing music in 1996. He has since been working as Audio director for NIVAL, a Russian game developer and composing music for various TV Series. Vladislav collaborated with The Future Sound of London and Mark Morgan on several projects, with Sundial Aeon and with his partner Elena started an electronic project Broadcast of Variants.

After several tracks on various compilations and two solo albums, Scann-Tec releases his third opus Unyt on Ultimae.

Written & Produced by Vladislav Isaev | Monokanal Studio

Audio mastering by Vincent Villuis | Ultimae Studio

• 3 weeks later...

so the album is out, bought the digital copy...currently my second run through.

Some really deep basslines and soundscapes. In my opionion better than "far&off" which was released before,

which I found a too glitchy for my taste.

I've listened to it four times now and it gets better on each listen. I'm looking forward to being able to give it a proper undisturbed listen soon.