4. BlackStarrFinale - Seige of Phobos

5. Phobium - Orbital Resonance

6. Nebula Meltdown - Didgeridreams

7. Dragon Twins - Foster

8. Cybernetika - Prismatic Reflection

9. Xenofish - Made Out of Stars

10. OneArcDegree feat. Georgia Irakli - The Tree Maiden

"All of life is made of sound. I mean, everything vibrates."

"There are 100 billion neurons in the brain. Everything you do...and everything you are."

The world's number one psychedelic trance site is proud to present its next compilation which includes tracks from new and veteran artists. It's a potpourri of genres and there should be something there for everyone. Mastered by Deimos with artwork by Gasolin3 the compilation is free to download at Ektoplazm. In a classy move this was dedicated to one time Psynews moderator Nemo who we unfortunately lost this year.

The first two tracks are quality straightforward goa trance that will move the body. Pure power. Leave it to Colin to soften the mood and provide a more relaxed feel that is no less spacey. That is until the climax throws razor sharp 303 daggers. BlackStarrFinale is back with what at first seems a cosmic downtempo track, but eventually morphs into a groovy, bouncy head nodder that lost none of its atmosphere. And speaking of atmosphere, Phobium's Orbital Resonance embraces the cold chill of space reminiscent of masters Tangerine Dream mixed with Vangelis. The cosmos is viewed in high definition as this long ambient track slowly but deliciously unfolds. Really that didn't feel like 11 minutes.

The refused to be pigeon-holed Nebula Meltdown incorporates a smooth progressive didgeridoo in Didgeridreams that has a floaty quality. The most striking offering goes to Foster from Dragon Twins. Dark and eerie it gets up in your business in a hurry and at times reaches that nearly unbearable level of screechy. But that cunchy 303 madness tho...so satisfying. Lars Goosens (Cybernetika) can seemingly do no wrong with his brand of science fiction drum n bass and like the rest of you I'm salivating at the thought of his announced trilogy of music. The question here is how does he extend this track for over 11 minutes? And how does he keep it from getting boring? Xenofish delivers Made Out of Stars in a very similar vein only without many changes. If there was one track here that I felt suffered from being overlong it was this one. The Tree Maiden is a soft exit ambient tune with gentle vocals and the sound of falling water.

Good job by everyone involved. The compilation doesn't disappoint and flows magnificently. As mentioned there is something in here for everyone so don't hesitate to download this. RIP Nemo!

Free at Ektoplazm

• Like 1

Good review, but I don't agree with you on "Made Out Of Stars" by Xenofish. For me it's at the same level than "Prismatic Reflection" by Cybernetika. But tastes are tastes ^_^

Cybernetika had a well deserved crushing victory in the voting. 11 minutes of some of the most epic music I've heard in a long time :)

Yes, he's just unbelievable. Ranks up there with alienapia on goapocalipsis as one of my all time favourite artists.

• 9 months later...

Been listening to this comp in the car lately. Not sure how I overlooked "Didgeridreams" before, but omfg it's such a fantastic track. By far my favourite from nebula meltdown.

Overall, a really strong and atmospheric compilation

Been listening to this comp in the car lately. Not sure how I overlooked "Didgeridreams" before, but omfg it's such a fantastic track. By far my favourite from nebula meltdown.

Overall, a really strong and atmospheric compilation

Probably my favorite track here :) The whole compilation is very good, only track I don't like is track 2 (and to a lesser extent track 3 does not really appeal to me). Want more from Nebula Meltdown!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...