Oforia - Read More...

Manuser

Just read that it will be released on double CD, CD1 the digital (which is 85 mins long) and CD2 with retro tracks/unreleased/remasters.

i think cd1 will be shorter and under 80 minutes

nice album by the way

Just go back to previous page for the link...

Also, I heard from reliable source that tracks on 1st CD will be edited (cut? faded out?) to fit on the CD. At first I was concerned, but apparently the downloads from bandcamp.com are already the edited versions (1st CD is just under 79min) and they sound fine to me.

Well crafted but I thought it was a little bland.

7 / 10

Indeed.

Production, mixing, story lines,... all very good indeed. Ofir shows he didn't loose any of his producing skills. At such a high end performance, also here. Qualities used on such a top level he can be concidered as one of the goa mixmasters (imo).

BUT why this generic kick and baseline all over the place? Fiels so wierd and upper clean.

I can't feel home in this music. Music (imo) should be first off all about that: a warm house to feel onceself at home. And that can only be if sounding deep, warm and organic - like real li/ofe.

@happyhorse, are you bashing it only because it is modern? you got to accept modern productions, except neo-goa producers want to have the full on kick and that bass line and that is what is the standard top quality producer use. I for one, if i want to go to a full on party, I like the production to be exactly like Oforia does, super psychedelic lines indeed with top of the genre, actual and modern bass lines/kicks.

I don't think there is anything bad in this album and in fact I consider one of the best in the modern full on genre that i have heard so far, bridging perfectly with the past in terms of psychedelicness.

@happyhorse, are you bashing it only because it is modern? you got to accept modern productions, except neo-goa producers want to have the full on kick and that bass line and that is what is the standard top quality producer use. I for one, if i want to go to a full on party, I like the production to be exactly like Oforia does, super psychedelic lines indeed with top of the genre, actual and modern bass lines/kicks.

I don't think there is anything bad in this album and in fact I consider one of the best in the modern full on genre that i have heard so far, bridging perfectly with the past in terms of psychedelicness.

I just looked up the definition of "bashing": "Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group, or subject. Literally, bashing is a term meaning to hit or assault."

...and I don't see it appear in my words here. BUT I'm happy for you, you can see more as I can, and in conclusion you have less limitations that me. :)

Furthermore:

-Hmmm, did I state that I don't like the kick and baseline cause it is modern? Nope, just don't like it at all, the sound of it just kills my mood.

I heard much modern music with deeper kicks and baselines than this. I actually - SUPRISE!!! :P - listen to more (modern) music than only goatrance.

-Hmmm, lol, and as far I can recollect I run a label that mainly releases modern made music ;) Maybe I don't like the music we release ourselve? :P

Draeke: you are funny :lol:

@Draeke & @HappyHorse - what's with the hostile posts between you two? It leads nowhere. Just ignore each other... and focus on releasing more great music on your labels :):D

No hostility mate, I've bought all his DAT (mafia) releases. Just messing around a bit :)

Life's too short not to make jokes ;)

Note: I just thought it was a bit sad that my words in the first post were interpenetrated as "bashing" which was not my intention. I just don't like the sound of the kick and baselines here :) Silly me :P ...tried Solving it with a joke (but that wasn't clear enough I see?).

At least the basslines vary from track to track, which already puts it above 90% of modern psytrance.

It's a good album. Quite poppy and not breaking any new ground, but a nice nod to classic trance. The last three tracks (Oasis, Re-transmission, Mad DMA) are what do it for me.

• Like 1

vTNWrA2.jpg

Artist: Oforia

Title: Read More (2 CD Limited Edition)

Label: Zion604 Records

Date: August, 2016

1. Incognito

2. Vivid Dream

3. Corona

4. The Blue

5. Locos

6. Oasis

7. Re-Transmission

8. Mad DMA

9. Pink Floyd - Welcome To The Machine (Covered By Oforia)

10. Unnatural Oforia - White Holes

11. Solaris - Extra Mundane

12. Oforia - Dimensional Exploration

13. Indoor - Vertigo (2016 Edit)

14. Oforia - Special Offer

15. Phreaky - Over The Moon (2015 Edit)

16. Indoor - Nothing Like A Good Friend

17. Tandu - New Aura

MooShH6.gif

Hmm....I've been meaning to read more.

And now it seems that Zion604 has made that book appear more interesting. Musically speaking that is.

Ofer Dikovsky is one of the pillars of the goa and psytrance community appearing as Oforia and Pigs in Space, but also in groups like Indoor, Tandu, and Phreaky. But honestly I haven't really paid much attention to him since those releases. I remember hearing Arcadia and thinking,

0gz96hy.gif

"Well, there goes another veteran into the abyss of full-on. Say hi to MFG while you're there!" This album has been getting a lot of hype (great review by Manuser) so when Zion604 offered a limited edition 2 disc set that included not only the album, but also previous tracks from the happy days? I think my Paypal account ordered it for me.

This is an artist that not only brings goa elements into his psytrance, but makes goa tracks. Vivid Dream is deliciously long and complex with percolating 303 pops and a large melodic backdrop with an innumerable amount of changes. Oasis takes the best of both worlds with a sinister goa vibe fronting a pumping beat. He uses these tricks throughout the album and even if you're not a fan of full-on, this is some pretty well done stuff. All the tracks are long and perhaps that's where some of the shine might come off of the diamond particularly if you treat full-on like our favorite cheeto faced, ferret wearing sh*tgibbon.

4AyN4E8.jpg

"GRRRRRR!!!!! I Love Mexicans! And the gays!"

While the original album is very good, the selling point for me was the second disc that contained old tunes/remixes from him and his projects with fresh mastering. I'm not one for Pink Floyd so that track didn't raise any eyebrows, but White Holes from one-off project Unnatural Oforia hit the goa sweet spot. Extra Mundane was a track that was made on the back side of goa, but still holds firmly onto some dark psychedelia. Dimensional Exploration (only found on the compilation Goa - Tel-Aviv) isn't his strongest effort it's worth a listen. When I saw the classic Vertigo was remade my shoulders were already set to cringe position, but the newer version had more punch while leaving most of the track alone. Gotta be considered a win right?

Special Offer is just generic psytrance with nothing really special to offer. Worst track on both discs according to me. Just like with Vertigo, Over the Moon maintains it's psychedelia with a greater bottom end. Nothing Like A Good Friend is a decent track, but is deeply ensconced in the shadows of the much better ones. The final track is one of the most fluid and sinister mid tempo smashes ever. Everything just feels right.

So with the 2 disc version you get some detailed full-on mixed with goa as well as some great tracks that Ofer had a hand in. I don't think it's essential as most of you reading this probably already have those extra tracks, but it's a nice tribute to one of the greats of the genre.

Pre Order at Zion604 Bandcamp

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't got money to buy this yet, but I've listened to the mixed album on soundcloud many times, and I'd have to say it's something I keep coming back to over and over. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is I like (that's always the case for me, which is why you'll never see a long review from me), but it's the most exciting album of 2016 for me. It almost feels retro, in a good way, like all my favourite psytrance tricks/sounds have been condensed, cleaned up and perfected for my enjoyment. Great stuff, will buy ASAP

• Like 1

May I strongly suggest that you wait until you can save some money to buy the Zion604 edition? The tracks on the 2nd cd are really worth it (some ppl actually prefer them) and it only costs 10 euros. They do not sell that fast anyway so there is no reason for you to panic.

• Like 1

May I strongly suggest that you wait until you can save some money to buy the Zion604 edition? The tracks on the 2nd cd are really worth it (some ppl actually prefer them) and it only costs 10 euros. They do not sell that fast anyway so there is no reason for you to panic.

Why_not_both%3F.jpg

The version I linked to has full tracks, while the one by Zion604 required some of them to be cut slightly to fit onto CD.

So I indeed actually purchased both - 2EUR is a price of a sandwich...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just listening on Bandcamp now, only on track 3 of CD2 and absolutely loving what I'm hearing. Will buy ASAP

• Like 1