Which part of the world would you like to move to ?

exotic

If given an option to move out of your current location , keeping all factors in mind mostly quality of life and job security in these difficult times, where would you go ? ease of immigration would also be an important factor while considering ..

If I was to move anywhere, I'd likely move back to England.

My family are there and I do miss them and would like them to be more involved with my daughter than they can be because they're more suited to it than my in-laws who are Japanese. Father in-law is 70 and still working every day, no day trips with his granddaughter. Even the mother in-law who babysits a lot, doesn't do so with us, only when it's needed because we can't leave her alone.

The English countryside is really beautiful and as I get older I need what's in the city less and less. If I could find a job in the countryside it'd be fantastic.

The education system is better than Japan which is so bad we can make money as a private educator easily.

There's more of a culture of popping round someone's house, or having dinner round a friend's house or a house party that I really miss.

I'd be able to feel the football tournaments' atmosphere again, watch at a decent hour and watch decent games live.

Immigration wouldn't be a problem as I'm a UK citizen, my wife could get a spousal visa and my daughter is British too.

Why don't I go back? I've no idea what I would do job wise. I've paid too much in to the Japanese pension and not enough in to the British one and I can't think what job I'd want or be able to do.

My wife doesn't want to move away from her family despite not really getting on with anyone except her mother.

My daughter wouldn't grow up bilingual. My wife would speak Japanese to her sure but she's just not that good teaching verbal skills. After 10 months listening to mostly Japanese as I'm at work all day, all the words she knows are English.

I have my doubts about my personal safety and that of my family in England. Japan might be a ball ache to work in but it's a relaxing place to live. I know I could pass out drunk in the street and wake up untouched and unrobbed.

I wouldn't want to live in any of the dream places, I think I'd get really bored really soon, or it wouldn't live up to expectations. Those places are best for a holiday and as a daydream. Possibly remote would be nice as long as I could get all the living essentials, post and internet.

• Like 2

What place is that ? :ph34r:

Place with acute water shortage, power cuts, 1Million joining the workforce every month with hardly any job growth, traffic rules -> balls to them, also where people worship just about anything they can. You can add more to it ;) and yes this is what makes me stay here and not the good part/parts.

• Like 1

California? Somewhere in the north of California anyway. I heard they have the same weather all year but southern California is hotter than you want so maybe northern California would be okay.

• Like 2

Id like to go somewhere very green with temperature that stays at 20C all year. Anybody know of such a place?

Caracas

Or some other place close to the equator with a bit of elevation, if you want slightly lower murder rates too.

if i don't have to move i'd just stay. but if i had to go to another country it'd be switzerland. they have a very similar language, culture and even landscape plus a higher standard of living and even less corruption and bureaucracy. i don't see any disadvantage to living there as compared to here.

other than that most countries in europe would be nice. a good standard of living coupled with a good health and social system, a comparatively high level of freedom and a less conservative populace than in most other places make me tolerate the bad weather. my choices here would be england, hungary (given they manage to get rid of orbán), spain or france.

if it has to be outside europe, i'd definitely go for a nice tropical climate (preferably in a place where the mentality isn't as stressful as back home), but an acceptable medical system is a must. that leaves me with thailand, sri lanka or malaysia. probably also nothern australia...

• 2 weeks later...

Australia or New Zealand, no question about it. Best countries I've ever been to.

would love to have you,

australia is going down hill real fast

personally new zealand is much better, and always home to me

would love to go back someday

My original thought was that there might be too much immigration but it's pure speculation.

I did see a headline about the great barrier reef being damaged but I didn't read the article (terrible apathy) so I don't really know what it was about.

Greece or Spain due to great weather, great food, warm people, relatively cheap living and proximity to Israel.

My job allows me to move and work from anywhere with Internet connection so if only I could settle the European passport I'd probably move around with my wife

We plan to move to Canada sometime in the near future though.

How bout Iceland. Even though i dig plants and sun, Iceland feels powerful. Also economicaly I think they are very strong. Anybody know more about this country?

They went bankrupt recently and had that volcano erupt. Apart from that I know they have a tiny population but their football team is really good at the moment.