_how_good_is_sesto_sento?_

Guest SourMilk

Damn, Im hooked with their latest, top favorites are drive to drive, sneaky sneaky and smart move...I listen to this stuff daily...I wonder if they are considered neo full on copycats...they sound pretty cool...

Guest Aegon

They are cosidered to be "neo full on copycats" only by some narrow minded prog. heads, who think that all psytrance above 140bpm is "copy/paste full on". I know many of them so don't blame me please;)

Anyway Sesto Sento are (maybe) the leading act in the full on genre - a lot of innovation, a lot of emotio, a lot of power, a lot of fun and the most important thing - really psychedelic music :)

"The bright side" is one of the best releases for 2003 and a big step forward for Sesto guys.

Guest Dr. Cheroot

Sesto Sento is awesome. They are very full-on in a different way, not the typical israeli sound (Astrix/GMS-type), not the thick full-on (Skazi/Paranormal Attack), not the melodic full-on (Silicon Sound / Alternate Vision), not the other twisted dark full on (Fungus Funk/Kindzadza)...

They have their own niche, and though not all their work is great, some of their tracks are downright brilliant.

To answer your question, i don't know what this neo full on is. I've heard that word many times recently, and i think it's just an attempt to bring about another genre change like what happened from goa to psy, now i think it's going to be psy to neo.

Just listen to what you think is cool, and forget the classifications

:)

Guest psymon

They are absolutely waesome, they just played in Karjat, a small place near Bombay on the 6th. It was a holi party... ( Holi is the festival of colour in India) and the completely set the place ablaze...

I think they have a very full-on sound. They have a full on bass beat throughout the track which is only distingiushed with the craziest samples.

Most of their tracks move along the baseline and variations of that baseline is made into the most full-on crazy music....

Check out Kookie Stealer and Follow me... my favourites

Guest Dr. Cheroot

Wow, Sesto played in Karjat on Holi?

That must have been an insaaane experience. I've never been to a Holi trance party.

It all fits so perfectly - color and psychedelia :)

Come to think of it, i haven't played Holi in a while...

:(

mommmmyy..................... i'm missing home.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theorem

Neo full on? Sounds like somebody has watched the Matrix too many times! It has only been four years since the Goa/Full-On shift, lets let it mature for a few minutes before we rename it...

And as far as Sesto-Sento being innovative, I think there is room to debate that. And as for the prog. retards that think all full-on is copy/paste, well, they should put down their Oakenfold CD's and their oversized egos and listen to the sounds in between the sounds. That is what psy is all about anyways.