Artists that just vanished (post 2000 edition)

Ormion

Ok we had this thread before, but mostly for old school artists. What about artists post 2000?

Some examples:

OneirOmanix

Remember them? They were supposed to be the next Derango and released 5 amazing tracks in 2009-2010.

What happened to them?

The Misted Muppet

After releasing From The Legends which was considered the saviour of Full On back then they quickly dissapeared.

Miraculix

One of the best and most famous post 2000 artists. MIA.

Kluster

One of the most known forest producers. Again MIA.

Charasmatix

Yes I bought their album https://www.discogs.com/Charasmatix-Abracadabra/release/250049many years ago from Psyshop on discount, always put it on hold to dive into because it sounded too rugged and poor. But I knew it had something with it so I kept positive. I started to listen to the album a couple of years back, and it is cooool. I love it. Especially the track that just for me (Collateral Damage) sounds like a Sepultura with Logic Bomb's psychedelic pollution. The mastering on the album is poor and muddy or what one would say. Fuzzy. Great release. 2 bad about the prod. Even though it works fine in its setting when used and explored.

Also, What happen to the Kailum, I think the two albums I own from him (former Psysex member) is also immense cool. Such nice pieces of work.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/65219-Kailum

• Like 1

PAPS =( =( =( =( =( =( =(

I miss Paps...

Paps - Vibes From The Other Side

• Like 1

Shaolin Wooden Men....

A great experimental group, when will they release a new album?

Im not that known with Sepulturas music really, but the sample pitched up in Colladeral Damage by Charametrix, reminds me of a track by them, not that. I just posted it to post.

I totally forgot about The misted muppet, the album was really not bad.

As U.F.Orb posted above there are plenty of artists who were making minimal sound, lots of them vanished.

As for unique sound, Dark Soho is the one I miss the most even though the album released in 2004 was not my cup of tea.

Paps/Tripiatrik/Yumade

PAPS =( =( =( =( =( =( =(

I miss Paps...

Uh...what's the thing with Paps? I remember I bought the TIP.World Halluci:Nations comp back in '99 and basically hated every single track on it, especially the Paps and Tripiatrik tracks, but in general this was one of the CDs that basically turned me away from psytrance and towards more downtempo.

The Real Life is sooooo good.

Paps has a great techy sound

So much groove to it

As for Shaolin Wooden Men, Ollie has been posting random stuff to soundcloud here and there. He might release something again at some point =)

What happened to Prisoners of the Sun?

Two great albums then nothing :(

https://www.discogs.com/artist/57183-Prisoners-Of-The-Sun

Yeah creating social success was such a good album .

I guess most of them dropped out because making psytrance just isnt a lucrative career option !

What happened to Prisoners of the Sun?

Two great albums then nothing :(

https://www.discogs.com/artist/57183-Prisoners-Of-The-Sun

One of my favourite progressive artists, I liked the first album more (it had a darker more underground sound).

Magnetrixx also produced nice morning progressive music back in 200X (although I noticed they released some tracks three years ago, never checked them out).

Yeah creating social success was such a good album .

I guess most of them dropped out because making psytrance just isnt a lucrative career option !

I doubt that many artists make a career out of it but still release as a hobby. It's just a lucky few that can make enough money to live off right?

One of my favourite progressive artists, I liked the first album more (it had a darker more underground sound).

My favourite changes each time I listen to them to whichever one I just listened to. I think it's quality stuff but doesn't stick in my memory that much, which is why it always feels fresh.