A Serious Game: The R E V I E W Game

Blubber

this is it. the conquest. the healing of the review death. be part of a competition about words, about myths and about inspiration. fight against the commerce, the standard, the comfort, and prevent the death of our culture. revive the mission to explore psychedelic trance music, break your limits and share your thoughts. find your innerself and speak to him, or her, and tell us what u've found. but: there is the guide! the MUSIC. take your weekly dose and listen...

this is for the reviews.

the rules.

if you don't have an account here on psynews, follow the site's instructions to create one. you can't participate without.

choose ONE of the following titles. if someone chose the same before take another one.

• ace ventura paradise engineering (iboga)
  • aegolius moments of wonder (medulla oblongata)
  • arjuna primal contact (parvati)
  • eat static - dead planet (mesmobeat)
  • psychowave - dancefloor metadata (boom!)
  • psykovsky ksointsu (self)
  • spacey koala twistedelik funky activating grooves (kinematic)
  • va forest thunder (bhooteshwara)
  • va internationalism vol.3 (spiral trax)
  • va krafted friends (organic alchemy)
  • va the brave and the bold (osom)
  • u-recken - flames of equilibrium (dacru)

yeah, you're right, no goa inside. you won't find here. everything about goatrance is already written. take a browse through the review sections.

now, listen at least once a week to the complete album/compilation. it's recommended to listen even more, it will help you to structure your feelings toward the music. if you don't like what you hear it's recommended to listen alot more. sometimes you have to listen sth very very often to appreciate. people call this a grower. if you want to quit, quit. and tell us. someone else will take your album.

btw, you don't have to support the artists and buy their music. you will find every track either on bandcamp, youtube, stuff like that. but, and this is a gentleman's agreement here, depending on how much you like your chosen title, you promise to buy the album afterwards.

then, in 3 weeks, it's review time! suddenly, the threads will appear. in the review section. your album. everything will be ready. title, artist, album, cover, tracklists. but without an opinion. this is your mission. you have one week to post your review, somehow according to the forum's rules. if you want to piss on sth, do it. it's your right. it's your review. if you want to spread some love or laughter, do it. it's your words. when you liked what you've experienced, take the next free title from the list and repeat the procedure. if your words won't appear, it is written in stone that you failed becoming an allright soldier of the psy. and shame will fall upon u...

if we manage to complete the list the next six weeks, we will count. everyone gets one point for every review he or she has written. then, we can enter round 2...

don't be shy, be honest, be curious, be brave, be a soldier... a soldier against the review's death.

what u think, do we manage to cover the dark/forest area too or should we change some titles?

I've been meaning to write reviews for Forest Thunder and Krafted Friends for a while (and VA - Political Violence, which isn't on your list). But my time is very short at the moment owing to work.

(Short versions: Forest Thunder - good, Political Violence - great, Krafted Friends - bloody great)

we keep the spots for u Rotwang :P

i guess in this forum absolutely nobody likes to write sth for the hitech stuff, right? sadly sadly gone....

we can change some titles of course, if u like to write but u don't like the titles letme know

only important thing: we have to manage ten reviews boysngirls, otherwise we can't enter round 2. shame would fall. and nobody wins the prize...

btw, Hey Jaza: thanx for the review! u care to further help us on our mission? it doesn't have to be PsykovskyOsomStuff, can also be Gaudium, Sonic Entity, U-Recken, Talamasca, Eat Static, Pulsar...........

we keep the spots for u Rotwang :P

i guess in this forum absolutely nobody likes to write sth for the hitech stuff, right? sadly sadly gone....

we can change some titles of course, if u like to write but u don't like the titles letme know

only important thing: we have to manage ten reviews boysngirls, otherwise we can't enter round 2. shame would fall. and nobody wins the prize...

btw, Hey Jaza: thanx for the review! u care to further help us on our mission? it doesn't have to be PsykovskyOsomStuff, can also be Gaudium, Sonic Entity, U-Recken, Talamasca, Eat Static, Pulsar...........

Which Eat Static are you thinking of? The newest already has a review thread bit I was thinking of writing a review for it in the future.

Dead planet deserves a review. I wrote one few weeks ago and somehow the system couldn't save my post. It was lost.

Abasio, it's still missing in the 2015 section, i'll be pleased if u could write a review, i love it and it is my favourite from last year. But also it isn't a easy task, cause there's so much going on in the music. I added eat static, Abasio, nice to see u back reviewing :)

Cheers. I remember posting about it but it was the announcement thread that I was assuming was a review. I'll try and write a review while I'm at work.

I recommend writing them in word in case something goes wrong in posting.

• 2 weeks later...

dear fellow reviewers, time is approaching us, review threads are open...

Abasio and Jaza, thanks for your participation, u don't care to follow the game? the 2015 section still is sparse, so there will be at least two more rounds.

btw, did i mention that there will be a prize for the one with the most reviews within this game?