A Serious Game: The R E V I E W Game

Blubber

atm we're at 4 reviews in a month or so. not bad, i would say. and if IronSun and Shpongly247 follow it looks good...

the other side: i see hard future for this game and the mission to bring more diverse music discussion to life. so i decided to tell u the whole plan..

a quick look through the review sections showed that there's a decline in reviews. through the years we fell from more than 300 to a 140 reviews in 2015 up to 20 reviews this year. quite frustrating if you ask me. not to mention that there are several styles which are simply underrepresented. hence, the game: let's start 2015. there are lots of personal favourites mentioned through the threads, but in the review section you hardly find sth written about the so-called classics or favourite releases of the year (except goatrance ofc).

2015 is still fresh, lots of relevant releases and we know that a lot of u listened to sth in the list (btw we used to be friendly here so u can suggest whatever u want to review).

round 1 of the game: the list of reviews to choose from tries to cover relevant missing psy/prog/forest/hiteck/dark/bright/other-than-goa - trance release from 2015

round 2: the best-rated or most-dls releases from ektoplazm's 2015 in relevant genres

round 3: ambient/downtempo/breaks/suomi whatever from 2015

round 4: let's get 2016 started....

and as a reminder, nothing from the lists in all rounds has to be bought. it's either free or streamable from known sources

at the end of the year, the one who has written the most of the reviews within this game may choose a random title from a known music distributor and i will send him/her his release for christmas. word! allright? oh,... and i heard the suntrip guys will also send sth to the winner... :ph34r::lol:

maybe someday labels and artists come back to realise that sending free promos to known reviewers might bring more cash :lol::ph34r:

anyhow, let's go on with the mission. this goes out especially to all you young people, take advantage of serious listening experience, of structuring your thoughts and feelings into written communication, practice creative writing, ur english skills. don't let the grumpy oldies and everything-above-150bpm-is-shit-haters disattract you. take part and help to expand the musical background of this site (the only relevant psymusic-related discussion forum in the net it seems). this means work i know, but think a minute that the best interaction between beings surround taking and giving. hence, take part, and give critic.

...for those interested, i finished my first job here. my next pick is Aegolius' Moments of Wonder. i hope that the music can compete with the cover...

Review thread for Primal Contact is updated! Please excuse me for the delay, you can either attribute it to the fact that we were without internet for three weeks, or the fact that I'm horrible with deadlines :D

That being said, go on and read and listen for yourself, it's an awesome awesome album!!

• 7 months later...

...for those interested, i finished my first job here. my next pick is Aegolius' Moments of Wonder. i hope that the music can compete with the cover...

allright, i give up.... believe me, i really tried to listen to Aegolius, of course i couldn't finish listening once a week in a month or so, like my own gaming rules told me... but i tried, multiple times.. it's not that i didn't liked it, or even hated it, but this forest music just simply didn't click with me... i found it uninspired, nothing grabbed my attention, i fell asleep, i listened to it but couldn't remember anything... in the end, i decided to write no review... better leave it, and make no lazy assumptions, it's better for the artist, no?