EURO 2016

Richpa

I guess there are few people here who are planning to watch the upcoming Euro in France. All you need to know can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016

To make the topic interesting, let's throw some predictions for semi-finals and finals.

My favorites for finals are France and Germany, but I wouldn't be suprised to see England in finals as well, they got young and very talented team and for a long time they haven't made any good results on big tournaments. As always, you can't exclude Italy, they're hit or miss, and if they gonna be inspired as they know, they might go far in the competition. Spain is strong, but far form their best days, so I think they won't make any big impact on this tournament. Belgium got probably the best team based on the single names, but so many super-stars doesn't always make a great team. However, it's different format of competition and a lot of games ahead so I hope we will experience great football. Darkhorses: Switzerland, Croatia, Turkey and Portugal, all teams can make suprises, but I'm not expecting any of them to go to semi-finals.

I think Belgium could do well as well as France and Germany. I'd like to say England but I think they'll go out in the quarters. Italy should get to the semis if they bother to show up.

I think France, Germany, Belgium, Italy in the semis.

Well Derby are bring trounced in the first leg of their okay off seni final do my domestic season is about to be over. It's all good though, Leicester fucking city won the premier league, that's like Eibar winning the title in Spain :lol: brilliant season even if my team is still doing shit in the second tier.

I'm always happy in any if the leagues have real surprises and competition. It's why the French and German leagues have been so dull for me. I thought the Italian league was shaping up nicely until Juventus just decided they did actually want to win if again won day and never lost again. Spain's been more interesting since the emergence of Athletico Madrid with Simeone but nothing comes close to the EPL this year.

Champions who should have been relegated

Last year's champions dojndoingv so badly

West ham kicking ass as did most newly promoted teams and Asyon Villa and Newcastle going down. Brilliant season let down only by the last day being filled with mostly pointless games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2-1 almost had it right but it wasn't the most convincing display. Payet though :wub:

England vs Russia tonight ⚽

Oh yeah, Payet & WHU <3

Anyway, today it will be interested to check ENG v RUS, I hope we will watch a good game, ENG got really young and perspective team this year and it's time for the to make a step forward, on the other hand RUS got experienced team but without any 'big' names, but they look much better that they were under Capello guidance. My predictions for today games:

Albania v Switzerland 0-2

England v Russia 2-1

Wales v Slovakia 2-2

What I find really interesting in this tournament is that almost everyone will qualify for the knockout stages at which point anything can happen :)

Although I predicted a semifinal line up of stronger teams, I really hope someone new wins it. Croatia, Iceland, England:lol:

• Like 1

I also watch the games. I have 3 fav countries: Croatia, Italy and Sweden (in this order). Looking forward to England-Russia tonight because it is the first one of the better countries' games.

I also watch the games. I have 3 fav countries: Croatia, Italy and Sweden (in this order). Looking forward to England-Russia tonight because it is the first one of the better countries' games.

Are Russia one of the bigger countries? :P

• Like 1

Are Russia one of the bigger countries? :P

They played with big dicks against The Union Jack ;)

IMO, this England team seems unexperienced but got huuuge potential and quality, it's some sort of 'investment' for the future for sure. Russians are though to beat (even they came to this tournamet without two major players in mid-field Dzhagoev and Denisov), plus it's one of the oldest teams with a lot of games on big tournaments. Both goals seems kinda lucky for me, the free kick happened when Russia had an initiative on the pitch and truth to be told goalkeeper could position himself better, however it was really nice freekick, on the other hand, Russians scored like italians, in last seconds and took (imho) well deserved point. This group will be one of the exciting since I believe everyone has the chance, even England is some sort of favorite.

Good analysis above by Rich. I don't evaluate soccer much, I don't know enough about it; to me it is "leave your brain to the cloakroom" -type of entertainment. But yeah, a king of games it is and gives a lot to those who follow teams closely and know all the history and future predictions :) As for today, something delicious is gonna happen within an hour, Cro-a-ti-aaaa!!

Predictions for today's game (I know, they might not be accurate today as well haha):

Turkey - Croatia - 1-3 (I have to be optimistic), I think there will be more than 2 goals in today's game
Germany - Ukraine 2-0 (no brainer, Germany should win)
Poland - North Ireland - 2-1 (Poland seems strong, I'm expecting they won't struggle too much even N.Ireland is though team)

Goals are scarce but Croatia won!! What a team, disciplined and skillful: they can go far and this is getting more and more interesting! Finnish commentators gave kudos to Croatia: they said that Cro made a great impression and everything is possible :)

• Like 1