Irrationally Angry

abasio

What does it mean to affect someone "in a real way"?

For an example, you have 2 racists out of which the first beats up people of different races when he sees one, besides hating them, while the other only has hatred towards such people. The first affects someone in a "real" way, while the other does not.

I mean, both are real (poor choice of words in my previous post). The first case is relevant, while the other is not. Nobody gives a shit if you hate other races UNLESS you're actually harming them.

Same goes for what I said about public shows of affection. If you have a problem with it while I'm not even touching you, or doing anything to you directly, move away or don't. Doesn't really matter to me as long as you are not interrupting my freedom. I mean the problem that you have with seeing people kissing in public or doing whatever, is your own, you created it for yourself.

• Like 1

Damn, that's an endless topic. My favorites:

- mixing "they're" and "their"

- writing "should / could of" instead of "should / could have"

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I had to learn the damn language, while most people making those mistakes are native speakers :angry:

Whenever I see a typo, my instinct is to look at the keyboard and see how far away the types letter and the letter they should've typed are. Our dear Radi was always on the other side of the keyboard :lol: but he spoke two languages better than I spoke two languages so he's forgiven. My mother though is a different story.

Edit: I've also started forgiving mobile users as well as now I hardly ever use a PC I've noticed some shocking typos in my posts :(

I have another one.

I hate, HATE when people put their hood up in half of the top of their head.

I mean like this.

6840923.jpg

Why you piece of crap, why? Either put it down or completelly up. What's the fucking point? :angry:

I have another one.

I hate, HATE when people put their hood up in half of the top of their head.

I mean like this.

6840923.jpg

Why you piece of crap, why? Either put it down or completelly up. What's the fucking point? :angry:

Maybe he's getting bald on the top of the head?? ;)

For an example, you have 2 racists out of which the first beats up people of different races when he sees one, besides hating them, while the other only has hatred towards such people. The first affects someone in a "real" way, while the other does not.

I have no way of evaluating this statement unless you tell me what it means to affect someone in a real (or "real") way. I don't see how to extrapolate from these two examples to the myriad of other possible actions that affect people.

I mean, both are real (poor choice of words in my previous post). The first case is relevant, while the other is not. Nobody gives a shit if you hate other races UNLESS you're actually harming them.

What do you consider actual harm?

If you have a problem with it while I'm not even touching you, or doing anything to you directly, move away or don't.

Yes, that's what I already do, as I said before.

I have no way of evaluating this statement unless you tell me what it means to affect someone in a real (or "real") way. I don't see how to extrapolate from these two examples to the myriad of other possible actions that affect people.

What do you consider actual harm?

Yes, that's what I already do, as I said before.

Don't know how to make it more obvious, sorry.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but it sounds like you mean is physical harm, if a racist doesn't cause physical harm then it's okay.

What Rotwang is possibly alluding to is that there is more harm than just physical harm. For example if you really hated black people, you might not go out of your way to attack them but you wouldn't use their business, give them a job, allow your kids to play with their kids, give them uncomfortable looks on the train etc. All of these things would cause harm even if it's not obvious physical harm.

I count discrimination as harm as well, agreed. What I wanted to point out was: does a kissing couple threaten you in any way?

My question is: why shouldnt people, kiss, grope or whatever in public? Im just so annoyed by rules that society forces you to follow. Like we would rather burn at 40C in jeans and suits rather than show our skin. If you ask about my boundries, and if it was up to me, Id allow people to walk naked in public. But its not and now Im just ranting and getting sweept of the topic.

All in all, for me nothing is taboo, and I think that you shouldnt take it against people who do kiss in public cause they arent doing anything bad to you. Thats just my opinion, not trying to force it or anything.

• Like 1

It can cause emotional harm I think. It can be a reminder to people who haven't found love, what they are missing out on which can cause them to feel more depressed about their situation.

Honestly I am not bothered with PDA, I am lazy so it's nice my wife is against it so I don't have to think about it ;)

• Like 1

People who choose ridiculous colours for cars. Lime green is not a car colour.

The same goes for houses. Purple is my favourite colour but it's not the colour to paint your house.

It can cause emotional harm I think. It can be a reminder to people who haven't found love, what they are missing out on which can cause them to feel more depressed about their situation.

Honestly I am not bothered with PDA, I am lazy so it's nice my wife is against it so I don't have to think about it ;)

It can, I dont dismiss that, but that is a personal problem which is of your own doing, not that of the indulging couple. :)

Hahahah :lol:

• Like 1

While it's a personal problem it's not often a choice. While I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid showing my own happiness I wouldn't rub it in their faces either.

While it's a personal problem it's not often a choice. While I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid showing my own happiness I wouldn't rub it in their faces either.

Who kisses a partner in public to rub their happiness in other peoples faces? No one! If someone sees it that way, Id call that a complex. That someone feels bad for him/herself because the couple has something you do not, for which, again, the couple isnt guilty of.

• Like 1

Perhaps you could tell me whether the following are, or aren't, examples of real harm, and why?

• touching a stranger's ass as one walks past her in a crowd
  • installing a hidden camera in a women's shower and uploading the photos to the internet
  • installing a hidden camera in a women's shower and not uploading the photos to the internet
  • playing loud noise music outside your house in the middle of the night when you have exams the next day
  • putting up billboards with photos of dismembered corpses by the road on which you drive your children to school

What I wanted to point out was: does a kissing couple threaten you in any way?

It doesn't.

That's why I posted about it in a thread called "Irrationally Angry".

It doesn't.

That's why I posted about it in a thread called "Irrationally Angry".

Half the things listen in this thread though have been quite rational. I was hoping for the little things that are stupid to get angry about but piss us off nonetheless.

Thanks for getting it :)

• Like 1

I hate overreactive people. Sometimes you can't even talk to them without them being so whiny.

Also I dislike people that are really stupid or act like that. Some years ago, I used to act somewhat hostile towards them, but now I'm more calm.

Crocs, that are ugly, and people who wears them at the street piss me off too.

And, then, there is the annoying "selfie" term.

People referring to instrumental music pieces as songs. It really shouldn't matter but a song needs words to be sung, most EDM, classical tracks etc are not songs. It happens on this site too and I grimace every time I read things like Ra's new song or the great songs on the Pleiadians album. If there were actual Goa songs I'd probably try to avoid them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered something that pisses me off VERY DEEPLY!

PEOPLE FREAKING WHISTLING LIKE IDIOTS ON A PSYTRANCE RAVE!

I mean seriously! Besides coming to a rave to dance, I also come to listen to tracks I maybe dont know and people keep bloody whistling in my ear.

• Like 1

about all those spelling/grammar things: i literally could care less ;)

what really gets me angry is when people translate words (often for technical or chemical things) from english into german and don't drop the "e" at the end. in english many words have silent "e"s at the end, which is never found in german. such terms always lose the "e" because it would be pronounced in german.

for instance "butane" becomes "butan", and it drives me mad when people say "butanEEEEh". :angry:

I just remembered something that pisses me off VERY DEEPLY!

PEOPLE FREAKING WHISTLING LIKE IDIOTS ON A PSYTRANCE RAVE!

I mean seriously! Besides coming to a rave to dance, I also come to listen to tracks I maybe dont know and people keep bloody whistling in my ear.

it's the "irrationally angry" thread. not the "perfectly rationally and justifiedly angry" thread ;)

even worse than the whistling are guys with the "football horn" (or whatever that's called), though they're rare nowadays and have always been rather are at psy events. they most of the time specialize in being louder than the music during climaxes.