Best Country for Goa Trance Live?

Shpongled247

So, as the topic says, what is the actual best country in the world to hear world class Goa Trance artists live sets?

Perhaps Belgium? Sure, but then in between parties there is not much landscape wise and visual wise for travellers to see?

India, Anjuuna Goa itself, I have just done recently last year and it is certainly not there, I heard maybe one track mentioned here in the last year that is it... Also, would love to hear someone elses experiences of explaining to people in Goa how Goa trance is not being played..... hah...

Portugal seems to be the best place to hear Goa trance thanks to ZNA Gathering, from my personal experience it's the best place today. Also Israel, if you are looking for 12-24 hours party you can find a solid line up with good local artists and also from abroad, I just want to admit that the Israeli scene itself became less atractive like it was 4 years ago, it's became more commercial, and the risk of police to close the party is always an issue. One sure thing about Israeli scene is the impact of the crowd, It's great and powerfull. The best production to go today to hear Goa in Israel is in Psilosiva, type it on youtube you will see.

I've been constantly saying that man. There is hardly any Goa at Goa. The mates from raving days where all darkpsy fans. I have met may be 2,3 ppl who follow Goa. If you are into Russian psy/darkpsy/hi-tech. Goa is the place to be. If you love nano records and that progressive shit, Goa is again a good place. When Tristan - UK psychedelic was released, I managed to catch it at 3 different places in 2 days :lol:

The best chance to catch some Goa is during the Russian new year time when popular places have 2-3 days festival thing going on. FM Exotic said he had a real nice time dancing to X Dream! That's about it. Matsuri/TIP guys visit once a year, so does Zion604 too. AP are here quite often. But the new stuff, you have less than 10 percent chance mate.

During the early days of "our shack" when it was just a shack with open space for dance. I had heard some real nice downtempo Goa and psychill over there. It was during elections and the whole of Anjuna was under lockdown, no parties/no shacks/no booze. So this was just a friends of owner & few of us out there on the entire beech. Good times! Very open kinda party.

• Like 1

Well, I played allover the world now, and the answer is without any doubt, Israel on nr. 1 and then Belgium I guess...

Israel has several goa-parties, with only goa (!!) often with known or unknown acts every week... Belgium around 1-2 every month... The atmosphere is more or less the same in both countries, with the difference in Belgium the scene is smaller so less "Arsims" and more only music freaks...

Some other countries are doing very well too, like Serbia, Kroatia, Holland, Spain and rising countries like France, Brasil, Japan... :)