Prana - Solar Plexus EP (Matsuri Digital)

Richpa

How would you rate this release?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this release?

• 5/5 - a future classic, a must have for everybody
    • 4/5 - very good, a must have for fans of sub-genre
    • 3/5 - good, typical release for the sub-genre
    • 2/5 - poor, uneven, let down by technical issues
    • 1/5 - avoid at all cost

170655.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Prana - Solar Plexus (Funky Gong Remix)
2. Prana - Solar Plexus (2016 New Kick Edit Mix)

For me personally, Matsuri and Prana have been one of the most important strongholds of Goa trance genre since the early days and it actually makes me very happy to see this label/artist being active again in some way. Solar Plexus is the new 2-track digital release by Matsuri Digital and it features 2 revisited versions of 1994 track. First one is a Funky Gong remix (a member of Joujouka) and it sounds delicious, very dancable and it kept that old vibe in really classy way. The tribal elements and percussions are very enjoyable. The second version is basiclly the same, but with some minor difference. All in all, this release brings short but sweet Prana vibe, but in terms of production very much cleaner and sharper. For sure it's not the best Prana work up to the date, but for the nostalgic value and in case you like Prana music, you should consider getting this one.

4/5

Stream it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJcRzPnDeQ

Buy/support it on Beatport:
http://pro.beatport.com/release/prana-solar-plexus-ep/1737960

• 3 weeks later...

I had never heard this track before so that's always a bonus. It sounds...old though. I know it is old, but it sounds old and as though they hadn't found their sound. Perhaps technology back then wasn't there yet. 4/5? You must really love some Prana.

I had never heard this track before so that's always a bonus. It sounds...old though. I know it is old, but it sounds old and as though they hadn't found their sound. Perhaps technology back then wasn't there yet. 4/5? You must really love some Prana.

Yes, I liked this release.