Early 90s sounding goa trance

tepes

• 3 weeks later...

I'm as lost as the rest on guessing, I would like to know where you found it? That could perhaps help us investigate its origin. :) What I wonder mostly is if the sample is representative of the recorded quality? Or if it was ripped many times, perhaps recorded from DAT, ripped from online stream etc? Because how it sounds quality-wise in its unaltered original form, very much affects a correct assessment of the era it was produced. Style-wise it reminds me some of the early Goa, production-wise if this is how the original recording sounds, than its fair to assume it's not from the 2000 era, unless the producer aimed at recreating a retro-style vibe that is. Has the recording been altered in any other way after it was ripped? As in bass-enhanced or something? Because it doesn't sound as I would expect a mastered track to sound.

The production values were a lot more refined from 1998ish onwards for sure with some exceptions, and definitely if we are speaking of the early 2000's. However this doesn't hold true if we take into consideration that the track might've originated from some unsigned community like mp3.com, myspace etc. It's not easy detective work! :D I like the atmosphere of the track despite it's rather simplistic song structure. It has some of that naivety of exploration which I think is characteristic for the early Goa era. It has a nice light and uplifting new age vibe going, whatever its year of origin.

It has some touch-points early Sheyba and with this style from 1994.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1225314-Mandala-Australia-EP

5 hours ago, ulmehagen said:

seems like the producer of this track listened a lot to Carl Craig's "at les". (or the more modern remixes by Christian Smith)
don't think it's early 90's.

Interesting, what year was the track you find it similar to released?