3. Chromatone + Earthling + Random - Biiiiig Stickey

4. Chromatone + CPU + Random - Strengthen The Strange

5. Chromatone + Digital Talk + Random - Spiritual Reality

6. Chromatone + Freaks of Nature - Glow-Stick Armageddon

7. Chromatone + Hyper Frequencies + Random - Laser Wax

8. Chromatone + Neuromotor/E.S.X.S - Electryk Chromama

9. Chromatone + Rob-Ot + Psytony - Green Power House

zoXkVPK.gif

I assume this was what it looked like when Chromatone went into the studio to make his debut album. Uh, minus the methadone clinic, but I dunno, I wasn't there. That's a lot of clowns on heroin.

I have an idea...how about making your own f*cking album? As the Beatles said it's ok to get by with a little help from your friends, but at some point momma's gotta push your ass out of the nest. With all these clowns at what point does it stop being an album and become a compilation? Why not just form a collective and call it The Sh*tty Full-On Nebula? So Chromatone is Lawrence Hoffman from my side of the pond and he apparently put out a Craigslist ad for studio help. Ever heard of too many cooks spoil the broth?

Well they did. They peed in it. I've liked stuff from this guy, but the problem is that it's too much of the same thing. Acid-laden high tempo stuff is great, but the track structure is too linear. Not enough nuance. Strengthen The Strange harkens back to a time when the night-time full on ripped. On its face it's a good album of night time full-on, but some variety would've been greatly appreciated. I suppose if you were in need of a full-on fix you could get it pretty cheaply on Discogs.