Morphic Resonance - The City of Moons [Suntrip Rec.]

This release is gonna be one of those that mark a decade, judging by the samples everything sounds and feels amazing. I love the organic sound it gives.

Morphic Resonance is one of the most original projects nowadays, despite some people blaming him for "stealing" Pleiadians sounds etc... Also, when it comes to tutorials, I think no tutorial can teach you to make epic music, it has to be felt, played from the heart, or head or whatever organ people use to squeeze music out of them :-D My opinion is that when people only stick to technicalities, that can only limit their emotional attachment to the sound. From my perspective, if you think about mixing while writing a song, the outcome will be more like techno, less psychedelic, less emotional.

It's good to plan tracks in advance, sketch some ideas and prepare the instruments for a good mix, but when someone works with hardware (as far as I know, Cristian does) the workflow and recording can go a different route. It's much different than a few clicks here and there. Besides, I heard him on BGF 2015 live, I found his set to sound quite organic and "muddy" to a level that it gives spirit and a different vibe to the tracks.

In the end, it's all up to an individual listener. From my perspective, being a musician isn't about being a sound engineer while not being able to play one simple chord progression on a keyboard. In the world of YouTube & arpeggiators, it's easy to be a sound expert :-) But very hard to be a good musician.

• Like 4

This release is gonna be one of those that mark a decade, judging by the samples everything sounds and feels amazing. I love the organic sound it gives.

Morphic Resonance is one of the most original projects nowadays, despite some people blaming him for "stealing" Pleiadians sounds etc... Also, when it comes to tutorials, I think no tutorial can teach you to make epic music, it has to be felt, played from the heart, or head or whatever organ people use to squeeze music out of them :-D My opinion is that when people only stick to technicalities, that can only limit their emotional attachment to the sound. From my perspective, if you think about mixing while writing a song, the outcome will be more like techno, less psychedelic, less emotional.

It's good to plan tracks in advance, sketch some ideas and prepare the instruments for a good mix, but when someone works with hardware (as far as I know, Cristian does) the workflow and recording can go a different route. It's much different than a few clicks here and there. Besides, I heard him on BGF 2015 live, I found his set to sound quite organic and "muddy" to a level that it gives spirit and a different vibe to the tracks.

In the end, it's all up to an individual listener. From my perspective, being a musician isn't about being a sound engineer while not being able to play one simple chord progression on a keyboard. In the world of YouTube & arpeggiators, it's easy to be a sound expert :-) But very hard to be a good musician.

At some point I have to disagree with you on this one Mirza. I don't mix creative aspect with technical aspect. Nowdays, when we're all blessed with available technology, knowledge, informations, I don't see any reason to be lazy and not to put some additional time into improving the quality of your own (product)ion. I mean, there is a bunch of people out there who are willing to save their money just for the sake of buying a ticket for a show/party or purchasing your album. You don't want to deliver just 'an idea'. That thinking sounds to me like kvlt-black metal bands who are, you know...just throwing out some ideas without giving any single fuck to actually learn how to mix their own instruments. I'm not a hater and I've been into this kind of stuff enough to recognize how much time, money and 'giving a fuck' someone puts into his own music. There is a thin line between 'soundling raw and oldshool' and 'being lazy'. We, at Neogoa published a lot of music withouth paying additional attention towards thoose aspects and even we're doing this for free, it bothers me each time when I see someone isn't happy with soundquality. That means that we're not doing enough and most of the time, the main issue is related to artist directly, even mastering is the same on different releases :)

Why is this happening? Well, truth to be told, most of the artists nowdays are expecting that mastering studio will somehow make their music sound uber-awesome, but most of them (and yes, this is related to 80% of Goa trance artists producing and making music nowdays), don't know how to prepare proper mixdown of their own tracks. I mean, if you want to release and share something to the public, and you're expecing some live-shows/gigs, eventual physical release, fame?, promotion by label/radio shows/YouTube uploaders/reviewers/DJ's, etc. at least spend some time learning basics and how to PREPARE your own music for the mastering studio. And this doesn't have anything with hardware or software, in the end, same machine is capturing the sounds and you're mixing it on your DAW before the actual export.

The issue here is that most of the artists nowdays are trying to be a rock-superstars, but most of them can't play anything besides some basic oriental-phyrgian-scales at their synth, but they're expecting that someone makes wonders out of their low-quality mixdowns and in the end to recieve Dickster-kind pumping final masters so they can show off in front of the crowd. This isn't about someone being creative or talented, this is about someone being lazy and not caring about his work and music enough. I shared PsiloCybian tutorials because I'm very much familiar with his work, not only as a producer, but as a guy who is fully dedicated into music-production and he actually is putting shitload of his free time to share a knowledge and deliver it in user-friendly form...and it's all based on vast experience in fields of serious music production, audio-geekism, collaborative work with biggest names on psychedelic trance scene nowdays and a lot of feedback that he collected - from smallest venues to the biggest psytrance festivals. You remember how Kolovrat sounded before he put his fingers on to it? If you do, I think I don't need to explain any further my point.

In the end, we all admire, recognize and like the originality, creative and refreshing new things that are happening in Goa trance scene now and than, but without any hesitation, we all should be critical when it comes to sound quality for the sake and benefit of our own scene. And yes, I'm against the loud, only dance-floor oriented mastering because CI was beautiful music ruined by harsh and loud mastering without any subtile and gentle touch. It's funny because it's melodic Goa trance and that kind of music actually needs more fluid, dynamic approach instead of being...well...just loud mess in the end. But, in the end the label and artist got the seal of approvement and if they were happy, I guess we shouldn't just like that jump and bash mastering studios :)

P.S. - It might not be a bad idea, but moderator could split this discussion into a new topic if we went out of control :)

P.S.S. - Let's assume that average Goa producer get's somewhere between 100-400 EUR per average gig, (and that's optimistic assumption), some of fellas who are active here can get even a lot more. Giving (let's say) 50$ for a 10-hour long tutorial I see as an healthy investment into your own work/knowledge, just like buying gear. There is so much other useful tutorials (our chap courses) that you can get, but hey...it's easier to be a ''rock-superstar'' and blame mastering studio when someone dares to say something against your music and how does it sound :)

• Like 1

IDIOT.

I love Chromatic World , have been listening to it since it was released. Bitch dont even get me started on Pleiadians. Even Pleiadias know how much I love that shit.

Point was I cant listen to Chromatic World at the volumes I want to listen to. Read properly you moron. Listen to that on earphones at the max volume for a year , we will talk about your good dog-like hearing then.

chill out guys

we will see when it is released

that being said i also had a problem with altered perception released in aurora sidera

it was an excellent track but i did not like the mastering lets hope it has improved since

At some point I have to disagree with you on this one Mirza. I don't mix creative aspect with technical aspect. Nowdays, when we're all blessed with available technology, knowledge, informations, I don't see any reason to be lazy and not to put some additional time into improving the quality of your own (product)ion. I mean, there is a bunch of people out there who are willing to save their money just for the sake of buying a ticket for a show/party or purchasing your album. You don't want to deliver just 'an idea'. That thinking sounds to me like kvlt-black metal bands who are, you know...just throwing out some ideas without giving any single fuck to actually learn how to mix their own instruments. I'm not a hater and I've been into this kind of stuff enough to recognize how much time, money and 'giving a fuck' someone puts into his own music. There is a thin line between 'soundling raw and oldshool' and 'being lazy'. We, at Neogoa published a lot of music withouth paying additional attention towards thoose aspects and even we're doing this for free, it bothers me each time when I see someone isn't happy with soundquality. That means that we're not doing enough and most of the time, the main issue is related to artist directly, even mastering is the same on different releases :)

Why is this happening? Well, truth to be told, most of the artists nowdays are expecting that mastering studio will somehow make their music sound uber-awesome, but most of them (and yes, this is related to 80% of Goa trance artists producing and making music nowdays), don't know how to prepare proper mixdown of their own tracks. I mean, if you want to release and share something to the public, and you're expecing some live-shows/gigs, eventual physical release, fame?, promotion by label/radio shows/YouTube uploaders/reviewers/DJ's, etc. at least spend some time learning basics and how to PREPARE your own music for the mastering studio. And this doesn't have anything with hardware or software, in the end, same machine is capturing the sounds and you're mixing it on your DAW before the actual export.

The issue here is that most of the artists nowdays are trying to be a rock-superstars, but most of them can't play anything besides some basic oriental-phyrgian-scales at their synth, but they're expecting that someone makes wonders out of their low-quality mixdowns and in the end to recieve Dickster-kind pumping final masters so they can show off in front of the crowd. This isn't about someone being creative or talented, this is about someone being lazy and not caring about his work and music enough. I shared PsiloCybian tutorials because I'm very much familiar with his work, not only as a producer, but as a guy who is fully dedicated into music-production and he actually is putting shitload of his free time to share a knowledge and deliver it in user-friendly form...and it's all based on vast experience in fields of serious music production, audio-geekism, collaborative work with biggest names on psychedelic trance scene nowdays and a lot of feedback that he collected - from smallest venues to the biggest psytrance festivals. You remember how Kolovrat sounded before he put his fingers on to it? If you do, I think I don't need to explain any further my point.

In the end, we all admire, recognize and like the originality, creative and refreshing new things that are happening in Goa trance scene now and than, but without any hesitation, we all should be critical when it comes to sound quality for the sake and benefit of our own scene. And yes, I'm against the loud, only dance-floor oriented mastering because CI was beautiful music ruined by harsh and loud mastering without any subtile and gentle touch. It's funny because it's melodic Goa trance and that kind of music actually needs more fluid, dynamic approach instead of being...well...just loud mess in the end. But, in the end the label and artist got the seal of approvement and if they were happy, I guess we shouldn't just like that jump and bash mastering studios :)

P.S. - It might not be a bad idea, but moderator could split this discussion into a new topic if we went out of control :)

P.S.S. - Let's assume that average Goa producer get's somewhere between 100-400 EUR per average gig, (and that's optimistic assumption), some of fellas who are active here can get even a lot more. Giving (let's say) 50$ for a 10-hour long tutorial I see as an healthy investment into your own work/knowledge, just like buying gear. There is so much other useful tutorials (our chap courses) that you can get, but hey...it's easier to be a ''rock-superstar'' and blame mastering studio when someone dares to say something against your music and how does it sound :)

I'm not sure if this part was addressed to my music or to my work directly, or were you talking in general, but I will answer from my personal point of view, like I did in the previous comment.

The sound quality of CTR (the first version) was pretty muddy due to a lack of proper monitors in my improvised home studio. As I know this shouldn't be an excuse, it was a technical aspect that made CTR sound pretty muddy and too much on the low frequency side, and I only realized that after the mastering by Stryder emphasized some of the mistakes that were made in the mix. That's why I insisted on repairing those tracks, improving my sounds for the remastered version, and that's why I personally suggested the album should be remastered by someone else, because I wanted to have a fresh sound on remastered CTR. And I believe it worked,

because I haven't heard a single complaint about CTR sound quality.. yet. If someone has issues with the somewhat "diminished" sound of my music, I will just say this: I am not partaking in any loudness wars, I keep my mix really devoid of too much compression, as I want music to stay as unsqueezed as posssible. It's my personal touch. If one sound engineer believes that sounds should be processed an extracted to 99.99% of their loudness worth, I am on the side that believes it should be left with some rawness, not too crystalized. I am using simple wording to describe a delicate processing of sounds, but I believe you get the picture.

I wasn't saying anything about the expertise of Sasha, I am 100% sure that he is a genius in his own field, and I believe you misinterpreted my message about him being a sound expert. I KNOW he's an expert, and as you said, he did an amazing work on his music and on Lunar Dawn's mastering. I told you this in person that the mastering was really crisp and clean. My initial reply in this thread was referring to a certain group of people who learn from Psilo's (and similar YouTube) tutorials and then preach about mix "purity", practically trying to be smarter than the author of those tutorials himself.

And in the end, I wanna say I agree about improvement and learning, that's something I always strive for, learn new things, implement new technologies, use new ideas... and most important of all: ENJOY your work :-) Music composing would be utterly tedious if it was all about technicalities, I think I'd be long gone from the music world if it was only about "keeping those attacks low" and ADSR in check the whole time.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this part was addressed to my music or to my work directly, or were you talking in general, but I will answer from my personal point of view, like I did in the previous comment.

I was talking in general :)

I wasn't saying anything about the expertise of Sasha, I am 100% sure that he is a genius in his own field, and I believe you misinterpreted my message about him being a sound expert. I KNOW he's an expert, and as you said, he did an amazing work on his music and on Lunar Dawn's mastering. I told you this in person that the mastering was really crisp and clean. My initial reply in this thread was referring to a certain group of people who learn from Psilo's (and similar YouTube) tutorials and then preach about mix "purity", practically trying to be smarter than the author of those tutorials himself.

Yes I remember we discussed this earlier, that's why I made a remark with Kolovrat :)

Filteria's Sky Input wasn't the best production at all back in 2004, but each track had its own identitdy, and once you'd finished listening to the album, you remembered each track individually. The album is harsh to the ears and yet it was so damn energetic and inventive that it still remains in everyone's hearts.

Twelve years have passed and I read on the Goa scene, the same discussions I read a long time ago about Full On: who had the cleanest sound, the best production, etc. Nice. And yet, many Goa releases have similar sounding due to a common virtual synths / fx / post processing filters setup and their use out of the box without changing them a bit.

Morphic Resonance sound is already pretty good and still perfectible. But it's not out of the box. It's analog with plenty layers. Each recording sounds different. We could have left him 6 months to improve the mixing, but he's alone in his project, and advice on the analog field is scarce. I'm not sure there would have seen a significant improvement. And at the same time, the guy is fully ready, motivated, and has momentum. Delaying woud have been a mistake.

IMO Morphic Resonance is going to do what Filteria did. A memorable album with distinct tracks. He will gain opportunities and a substantial feedback out of it and this feedback will help him raise the bar. For the next releases to come.

Now I'd like everyone to wait for the actual release before giving out opinions about its sound quality, and PLEASE do not compare it (beforehand) to Chromatic World, which is 2 years old, and is not mastered the same way.

MP3 extracts are here: http://suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD41/

I had to play on several parties in Israel last weekend, that is why... :P I brought the cds, but they will only be sold after wednesday, by then it will be available on every typical Suntrip channel ;)

All tracks on YouTube! Something special for this release? :o or do you guys do this for all your releases?

No no no. It's not on youtube yet. You've just been time traveling again. This music has some unintended consequences but if we just close our eyes and imagine...

Now I'd like everyone to wait for the actual release before giving out opinions about its sound quality, and PLEASE do not compare it (beforehand) to Chromatic World, which is 2 years old, and is not mastered the same way.

MP3 extracts are here: http://suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD41/

Can you please elaborate why it shouldn't be compared to CW, since I've heard TCOTM and you (and your distributors) published samples online?

Weird. You "complain" about people buying your releases over at Bandcamp instead of in Suntrip's store... and then put the thing first for free on YouTube???

http://youtu.be/5ZCZRgghc7c?list=PLk82AnCYxUsiE9ZbD9pw4Y_5_TCZHZOGw

It's vital for Goa trance survival.

No no no. It's not on youtube yet. You've just been time traveling again. This music has some unintended consequences but if we just close our eyes and imagine...

*Wakes up from sleep* reads the text *goes back to the city of moons* :)