Your favourite collaboration track (and explain why)

Manuser

Mine is probably Jaïa collaborating with Deedrah (Dado) to make the track Sillenium.

Why: because both artists styles really match together and none of them really dominates the other.

On one hand we know Jaïa made a few powerful tracks in the past but none of them as powerful as Sillenium, so I guess that was Deedrah's touch. On the other hand, Deedrah knows how to make hard dance floor oriented tracks but usually the melodies are pretty poor (when there is any). So for me this was close to a perfect collaboration.

• Like 2

Man Of The Last 3rd vs Lando ~ Blow Station

These guys create a minimalistic atmosphere, but in a groovy way. 90% of people won't like this track much, but if you can get into it, it's very deep.

• Like 1

Beast - Trouble / Spawn

Process's analog squelches, beeps, and blips mixed with Simon's mastering and production brought out the best of both artists.

Simon hasn't really done anything trance related since and while Process has released two great albums, both were more minimal and techno sounding than the full trance nature of this 12"

• Like 1

Beast - Trouble / Spawn

Process's analog squelches, beeps, and blips mixed with Simon's mastering and production brought out the best of both artists.

Simon hasn't really done anything trance related since and while Process has released two great albums, both were more minimal and techno sounding than the full trance nature of this 12"

Exactly right. I was thinking of those guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQZzAnByEYs

moonweed makes lots of powerful acidic tracks, but they all lack the beautiful melodies and the coherence of micronesia. shakta is an expert in the latter, also makes acidic music, but nothing he made is as intense and forceful as micronesia (the deedrah remix of lepton head confirms the first post in this thread and is totally different than shakta's laid back original).

• Like 1

simon and infected - i see myself is pretty nice.

talamasca and dimitri nakov - the missing link (silicon sound remix) is also pretty sweet. Love the subtle melody that comes and goes.

talamasca and yuman & ben-j - 3 smoking gorillas is a kickass fullon track with epic acid climax(es)

ECT & Mass - Ants 4 Breakfast

Breakbeat goa mayhem, and that ending climax is simply insane.

simon and infected - i see myself is pretty nice.

I was just thinking of posting this as an example of one of the worst collabs in psytrance history :lol: I mean, usually when artists of this caliber make a collaboration you'd expect something far better than this amateurish piece of junk.

• Like 1

^

re: I see myself

I liked it. Thought it was well produced, different at the time, something you DIDNT excpect to come out these two geniouses, but this were the outcome and i like it.

I mean, I really dont understand how you can call it junk. It has clear Hallucinogen influences and clear Eizen influences and it was a good marriage.

even the unmixed version you posted is better than 50% of stuff coming today.

the unmixed version

AFAIK that's the only version in existence (apart from some remixes but those don't count). But calling it "unmixed demo version" is like them saying "oh hey we made this shitty track but still we should release it so let's just call it something unfinished or something and be done with it".

Yeah, the IM Hallucinogen track is weak. But I'm biased because 99% of IM is rubbish

The couple of tracks they did with Deedrah and Space Cat were good but that's about it

I really dug the Planet Slink track Black Rhino and the couple of Slinky Nuns tracks. The Tsuyoshi and Gus Till track Slugfest under the name Slug is killer. And, of course, The Visitors (Andrew Till, Shaolin Wooden Men, and Rip Van Hippy)

Collabs like: Nervasystem & Aether, Flying Scorpions, UX, Satori, Coburn, and Crop Circles are great but have done so much that it's hard to consider in the same manner as the others

• Like 1

Many nice collaborations, but if i had to pick one, then it would be a certain collaboration between olli and boris!

They are really good producers, but for me, few tracks gave me that 'wow' feeling!

Well this collaboration brought one of the very best, perfect balance between each artists highlights!!!

Of course, i am referring to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjbVIwFfKPQ