that feel

astralprojection

when youve put on a playlist, say of ALL tracks you have,

youre doing something, coding or whatever, gaming, doesnt matter - and you just realise youre smilng and noticing what track is playing.

that ever happen to you?

like you put on tracks but focus on something else and really dont even have a clue what tracks you just listened to?

well for me sometimes it happens and i stop and smile, and realise Infinite Justice is playing and I remember all the other times this happened.

So I cant be alone can I?

• Like 1

It totally happens to me too. Put on an album I never previously heard, and start playing a game ( Rome II Total War atm) and them some badass track comes along and I be like "Holy fucking shit this is some good stuff!". But Im too lazy to alt+tab the game so I have to search for the track later. Happens at least twice a day!

youre doing something, coding or whatever, gaming, doesnt matter - and you just realise youre smilng and noticing what track is playing.

that ever happen to you?

not just that. today i suddenly realised that i was smiling, shaking my head to the beat waving my hand to the melody of logic bomb's third revelation while looking out the window when i should be reading some boring stuff about medicinally used antibodies instead. :)

i listen to good music almost constantly, so it happens multiple times per day.

• Like 2

I have way to much music to make a playlist with all the stuff. But I do make large playlist with older tracks I bought from Beatport and I've rediscovered tracks I had for a year or two but never really played even when they are awesome.

I have way to much music to make a playlist with all the stuff. But I do make large playlist with older tracks I bought from Beatport and I've rediscovered tracks I had for a year or two but never really played even when they are awesome.

how much music u got? my ALL list is roughly 9998 tracks. (excluding those I aquired in 2016 so perhaps 11000.)

yup. takes 4-5 sec to loadup in winamp :)

My winamp psytrance playlist is 12979 tracks. But I use albumlist so I usually just queue up a few albums in the playlist. Then remove/add some from/to the playlist.

Maybe I should add all albums and see what I've missed. Theres albums I haven't listened to for years.

• Like 1

how much music u got? my ALL list is roughly 9998 tracks. (excluding those I aquired in 2016 so perhaps 11000.)

yup. takes 4-5 sec to loadup in winamp :)

In comparison to that I only have 2515 tracks that I use when DJing. Loading that tracklist wouldn't be a problem I think. I just keep them in different folders which prevented me to make one big playlist with them so far (because of my lazyness). Then there are 13029 tracks more from the CDs I've scanned (and lots of CDs I haven't found the time to digitalize yet, also lots of psy and goa stuff).

• Like 1

Music gives me comfort. Always has. Of course that means stuff that i got attached to in my early years stays with me even though I might have years of a break on 'em. I have a lot of trance neo goa psychedelic stuff that needs a bit of a listen as I've only ran 'em through once. But I surely try to evolve through the competition albums/compilation threads I do, I've not been keeping pace at all. :(

The problem here is to simply to put on music and just let it play. I've been having a real hard time with this. Voting Artifact303 with 5/5 and still I know completlingly (wat!?) nothing about the album in question. So on so on, I need to do more of the above, sit down and just read a book and set up a playlist!

Music gives me comfort. Always has. Of course that means stuff that i got attached to in my early years stays with me even though I might have years of a break on 'em. I have a lot of trance neo goa psychedelic stuff that needs a bit of a listen as I've only ran 'em through once. But I surely try to evolve through the competition albums/compilation threads I do, I've not been keeping pace at all. :(

The problem here is to simply to put on music and just let it play. I've been having a real hard time with this. Voting Artifact303 with 5/5 and still I know completlingly (wat!?) nothing about the album in question. So on so on, I need to do more of the above, sit down and just read a book and set up a playlist!

you need to do that ASAP brother

To expand upon that, I enjoy dozing off while listening to music. And when a special track comes along, I just wake up. The magic of subconsciousness I guess.

i used to do that too, back in the day.

my fav track to snooze too (well, a few of them) was Doof - High on mount kailash, and grey area - amphibia (one of the single best ambient tracks ever, in the top 10 with tracks from solar quest, aes dana, aural, and all the greats, if you havent checked it - nvm ill just post a youtube :D)

hmm.. unfortunately i cannot find it on youtube :/

edit: so i made it to youtube.

youre welcome.

the Amphibia track starts somewhere in the middle, but the first track is equally amazing

• Like 2

today i suddenly realised that i was smiling, shaking my head to the beat waving my hand to the melody of X-Dream while looking out the window when i should be reading some boring stuff about Ombudsman Act instead. :)

:) after I finished doing ^^ I remembered reading this.

Good times = Goa times.

• Like 1

i used to do that too, back in the day.

my fav track to snooze too (well, a few of them) was Doof - High on mount kailash, and grey area - amphibia (one of the single best ambient tracks ever, in the top 10 with tracks from solar quest, aes dana, aural, and all the greats, if you havent checked it - nvm ill just post a youtube :D)

hmm.. unfortunately i cannot find it on youtube :/

edit: so i made it to youtube.

youre welcome.

the Amphibia track starts somewhere in the middle, but the first track is equally amazing

Thanx :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the time.

Usually when listening to a mix or when an album plays randomly after the one I choose finishes. Listening to some if my old mixes can be frustrating if I can't remember which track I am currently in love with.

used to happen a lot

unfortunately last few years it would happen once every 50 tracks or so - which is around 2% i dont know if it is a good number

there are still good music of course but the tracks that literally make you stop what you are doing are extremely rare

one of the reasons why i no longer listen to music without doing something else - loss of time

maybe that is the natural consequence of listening to a specific genre for too long - in my case circa 15 years

sometimes wondering how it would feel like if i started listening to psytrance three years ago